melo... i have unfinished business in ny

Broadway

All Star
Someone needs to Duct Tape his Trap. He doesn't know when to keep quiet, not smart enough to detect when he's being bated by the press.

Kiyaman

Legend
Someone needs to Duct Tape his Trap. He doesn't know when to keep quiet, not smart enough to detect when he's being bated by the press.

:agreed:
All the good-boy loyal talk after the $125M contract signing is getting boring, Melo should've been talking that talk last year this time in training-camp.

Melo's 37 win season performance proved me right!
Without super-stars Iverson, Billups, or Kidd, Melo's scoring act would not have had a 50 win season in his career.
Melo need to have a Coke and Smile at every interview giving-thank u to Knicks fans .. for having a rich dum owner Dolan.

CoolClyde

i think it's time to move on from what Melo said. the season start is around the corner, a new start for everyone. the best thing he can do is put his money game where his money mouth is, and show us the money.

Mo Melo!

tiger0330

Legend
Well Melo is at it again, trying to "tapdance" out of that Broussard interview and his "underrated superstar" comment.

Actually I thought he got dissed not making this years All NBA teams and only making second team the year before. I think that was his thought when Broussard asked him that question but he's trying to show humility after the fact.

paris401

Starter
'under-rated'... other 'superstars', take their team on their back to the playoff's... take us deep into the playoff's if u want your due...

CoolClyde

Melo really should learn to STFU, and realize that every single thing he says to the media will be overblown by the grasping at straws types from Nueva York. just let your play do the talking, Mr. LaLa.

Urban Dictionary: grasping at straws
When you're on the spot and you're looking to say some concrete sh*t but you have nothing to say.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo really should learn to STFU, and realize that every single thing he says to the media will be overblown by the grasping at straws types from Nueva York. just let your play do the talking, Mr. LaLa.

Urban Dictionary: grasping at straws
When you're on the spot and you're looking to say some concrete sh*t but you have nothing to say.

Great point .. It scares me every season when Training-Camp opens, our star player Melo receive 99% of all the media attention. What makes it scary is it reminds me of my Brooklyn-Nite homeboy Ego-Marbury.
Marbury only discuss Marbury in a interview.
Melo only discuss Melo in a interview.
What about discussing the Knicks as a TEAM!
Marbury and Melo NEVER adds how well any of their teammates are doing at the start of training-camp in their articles.
And thats scary when the 38 minute super-star had no-chemistry with teammates in the previous season, and starting a new season the same as the past one at the start of training-camp .. thinking/talking only about self.

Last year Knicks training-camp and Preseason games were all about Carmelo Anthony opting-out at the end of the year.
What happen to repeating for a better performance than the previous 54 win season with 70% of the roster, with the knew additions of championship vets Metta & Beno, and a perimeter-shooter rookie THJ.

The 2014-15 season training-camp our $124M contract super-star Carmelo Anthony should be proudly talking about the new addition of PG-Calderon, C-Dalembert, and how well new rookie coach Fish has discuss offensive-plans that fit Amare, Barg, and himself in a rotation to score in the triangle, but for right now we all are working hard on controlling the defensive-end of the court throughout training-camp.

All this bull about "NY is my home", "I got unfinish bussiness in NY", plus "being underrated star player", kind of sound "EGO-SELFISH" when all your teammates cant buy an interview with any of the sport reporters the first week of Knicks training-camp.

Im not saying Melo is the only selfish star in the NBA (there's alot of ego selfish stars in the league), Westbrook bull about being the best PG in the league, forgot how well OKC chemistry did last season without him.
Melo seen what happen when he became injured in Denver, and Billups took the Nuggets on a win streak without him, plus when Melo got injured in NY, a D/League LinSanity took the Knicks on a win streak without Melo.

CoolClyde

^i like your post Kiyaman. an unselfish Melo, both in ego and play, is what I'd like to see this season. well said.

Kiyaman

Legend
^i like your post Kiyaman. an unselfish Melo, both in ego and play, is what I'd like to see this season. well said.

A unselfish Melo would turn the Knicks record around to 10-4

The Philly game was a Knicks win before tip-off .....
40 minute played
10-20 shooting night
against the LOSER team in the league (0-13 76ers)
are suppose to be the stats of the Knicks 6th Man, not the $124M Franchise Player

Melo are suppose to shoot 20 shots, and play 40 minute vs all contender teams, not lottery teams.
Melo above high minute of playing time in every game has made the Knicks a losing team for 5 straight seasons in a very WEAK eastern conference. Especially, the Knicks having a high salary cap of $90M each season .. other Knicks players would like to have equal minute of playing time in the rotation.

Last edited: