Minnesota eyeing AR for Telfair

New New York

Quiet Storm
You guys are not looking at the bigger picture here.....

Yes on paper this is not a smart deal for us, but this is not about getting Telfair as much as it is about us being able to retain Wilson while maximizing our cap space this summer!

Wilson's Q.O. is nearly identical to what Randolph's salary would be next season.

I think we could squeeze one of Minny's late first rounders in 2012 from them in this deal because they really have shown a strong interest in Randolph since last year.

So my question to you guys is, would you be content with letting Wilson walk and keeping Randolph?

This is a deal I would do simply in the interest of keeping Wilson and cap space this off season.

True Randolph could meet his potential or he could be a player like Darko or Kwame Brown who only shows flashes, either way losing our 3rd best player for potential is a huge risk. What Randolph brings on his best day does not trump what Wilson has given us all season!

Pull the trigger on this one Donnie!

mafra

Legend
new update from alan hahn

I think the draft pick would get the deal done. That would be a top-5 pick, plenty to entice DEN. Or, it could get us a piece come draft as well!

I think Ridnour would be interesting. Shooting 47.7 from the field and 43.7 from 3-point range. Will run the P&R. Quality backup PG.

But do you trade a 6"10' atheltic freak with lots of potential for a soon-to-be 30 yr-old backup PG who will make 4 mil in 2011-12 and 2012-13?

Doesn't make that much sense to me.

A backup PG wont make/break this season, or be the reason why we win/fail in the post season. We can fill that need this offseason. After all, if we wanted LR we could have simply signed him last summer. So why would Donnie Walsh give up on a player he's wanted since the 2008 draft?

Now, giving up Randolph to get Mayo.... that makes sense. Gving up Randolph for Ridnour and a draft pick... or for a lottery pick (which we use to get Carmelo).... this makes sense.

MIN is trying to bu assets on the cheap.... 10 cents on the dollar. They got away with it for Beasley, and now they bodly are trying for Randolph and Mayo. Sure. Why not.

BUT, after they stuck it to us and signed Sessions, Rdnour and drafted Rubio and Flynn... Screw MINNY. I would actually target Mayo just to spite them!

mafra

Legend
Oh, and by the way... Don't see through this crap. OF COURSE Minny would deal Lidnour. Flynn is returning and they believe Rubio is coming next year. Ridnour is turning 30 in Feb, and has another 2 years at 4 mil per on his contract.

They know we want him. They know Randolph for LR would be a rape of us, so they float this rumor... OH, we would NEVER deal Luke. Telflair maybe, but not Luke.

HA! I see through you KAHN!

We need our trade bait to get another elite player first, back up role players will come willingly and cheap once they see the amount of true talent we have. Just look at other teams with 2 or more elite players...the role players rush to their sides because they see opportunites, even scrubs don't want to play on a team with no talent on it....especially in NY. The media and fans will kill them. we need to upgrade with greatness...then add the help.

moneyg

Starter
You guys are not looking at the bigger picture here.....

Yes on paper this is not a smart deal for us, but this is not about getting Telfair as much as it is about us being able to retain Wilson while maximizing our cap space this summer!

Wilson's Q.O. is nearly identical to what Randolph's salary would be next season.

I think we could squeeze one of Minny's late first rounders in 2012 from them in this deal because they really have shown a strong interest in Randolph since last year.

So my question to you guys is, would you be content with letting Wilson walk and keeping Randolph?

This is a deal I would do simply in the interest of keeping Wilson and cap space this off season.

True Randolph could meet his potential or he could be a player like Darko or Kwame Brown who only shows flashes, either way losing our 3rd best player for potential is a huge risk. What Randolph brings on his best day does not trump what Wilson has given us all season!

Pull the trigger on this one Donnie!

good point and I think most posters dont realize that this is about flexabilty as well.. if we can save 3 mil for 2011 FA for an unused player like randolph.. you do it..

miami gave away beasly for flexability and it worked out well..

oh yeah.. metro.. Potential gets GM's and Coaches fired all the time..

I hate the draft when GMs use high picks on Potential... see Derick Favors among others...

if AR is so good.. Let him develop more in Minn and then we can sign him as a free agent in 2012...

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
IMO, AR > Blatche or McGee.

Not now, just what he's capable of.

100% right.. but with the coach we have we will never see what AR is capable of.. I think someone needs to tell our coach Amare is best at PF.. And let Moz and AR develop... whats the point of signing Moz to a 2 year deal if he is just going to rot on the bench.. What was the point of trading D Lee for AR if D'antoni is just going to bench him.. damn this guy is worst than Isiah Thomas.... he just pisses me off with the stupid Sh** he does..