Nets to Reenter Melo Sweepstakes

petescud

Starter
I only want Melo if we steal him. I don't want to give the store to get him. LBJ he isn't. Did you see LBJ held Paul Pierce to 1 point all game today. Yeah, the Heat lost, but LBJ and Bosh did their best. The rest of the guys tanked...If Melo played D like LBJ I'd say trade everyone not named Amare

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Denver is asking for too much. I think they are ultimately banking on the fact that Melo will cave and sign the extension with the nuggets, but I really hope he can just stay put, eat the 20 mil and make Denver look like fools for getting nothing for him at all. I'm not sure that will happen because in the end 90 percent of the time it's always about the money, but you can always hope.

My max offer to Denver... Galo, Chandler, Curry, Aza, A.Rand... Take it or leave it... I'm not getting rid of fields and I'm most definitely not getting rid of Felton unless I'm getting a Nash type player back in the trade which tells me the Knicks would go after CP3 in 2012.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I'm telling you guys Melo is pissed at us. We might of already lost him already from being so cheap. We better send a good package to Denver or else were going to have one star with bad knees playing 45 minutes a night and end up giving some mediocre players max-contracts because all the "real" stars will want to go where the other stars are.

If we don't get him I think our FO and D'Antoni needs to be fired. We had Melo gift wrapped and we screwed it up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Melo go to NJ now that he's seen how badly our organization is run. I mean if we can't even land him, how is he going to trust us to bring in a 3rd max contract to make out run. I'm frustrated even thinking about it.

What exactly did we screw up? What happened that warrants the firing of Walsh and D'Antoni?
Walsh originally offered Gallo, Chandler AND fields plus a #1 from a Randolph deal... What else could Walsh offer.... his wife and daughters? DENVER DOES NOT WANT WHAT WE HAVE!!!! Since our players are not desirable to Denver that is Mike D's fault?
Denver wants MULTIPLE draft picks and salary relief and young prospects.. We can't offer that package. Now, Walsh has tightened up the offer a little by removing one of the 3 off the table and I DO NOT BLAME HIM! With the new CBA, the salary cap is going to tighten up and there might even be a hard cap... Walsh knows that if we trade everyone and have both Melp and STAT at max contracts; we will have maybe a few million to build a team with for MANY years forward. Walsh is a great GM and knows what he is doing, he will do what is right for this franchise.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Melo is pissed?!?! F*ck him.

Lebron took $14.5 mil
Bosh took $14.5 mil
Wade took $14 mil

Amare took $20 mil

Melo is demanding we give all our assets so he can get $21 mil.

If Melo waited until the summer and actually sacrificed for the betterment of the team and a greater chance at winning a championship, I would respect him a lot more. Imaging if he did that and we won a championship?!? He would be A GOD!!

But no. He's demanding WE sacrifice for HIM. He's made over $100 mil in his career thus far. Another $50 mil isn't enough, he's got to get $65 mil. Forget all our young players that could be nice contributors to a championship or assets to get that final piece. Forget all the hard work Donnie put in to clear cap space to sign him this summer.

I'm sorry. But I get the feeling no matter what we give or how we get Melo, we will never win a championship with a player like that. I would rather get Nene + Deron Williams.