Opening Day Game Thread: Bulls@Knicks

Tkf

Benchwarmer
The team needs to have a respectable culture this year. Whoever's on the team next season will be more prepared. The D'Antoni and Woodson era were bad cultures. Crappy systems, lack of good strategy, lack of discipline, favoritism happened so long. Giving it their all and playing team ball is what I want.

I don't completely agree.. the culture with dantoni here along with walsh was developing, we had amare and a bunch of developing young guys who loved playing in NY for all the right reasons..

that culture changed once we brought in carmeloser..

I find it funny how fans had no patience when it came to rebuilding the right way with those young guys,yet after one stint with carmelo, and now going on another max contract with a player entering the wrong side of 30, we are talking patience? who does that? who rebuilds with a 30 year old, player who has proven he can't win , doesn't lead and you give him a max deal?

I looked at the bulls last night and for the life of me, wonder if phil ever made an offer to the bulls. I would have offered carmelo at max( because we know that greedy fool only wanted his money) for Mdcermot and Butler..

how much better and balanced would the knicks have been? with our own pick this year..

Look around the league, look at our conference, it is getting younger and better, and we are talking about establishing a culture( again) around the same 30 year old loser... with his loser friends like JR smith..

the knicks looked lost last night and were completely outclassed!!!

And let me add, for the record, the guys we traded in that dreadful carmelo deal, are all important pieces of a denver team, that is young and deep... BTW. mozgov( the throw in piece to the deal) played drummond to a standstill.. 13/11 and Drummond is a heck of young talented big man!!

paris401

Starter
who rebuilds with a 30 year old, player who has proven he can't win , doesn't lead and you give him a max deal? !!

well it wasn't a max deal... melo threw 1m a year in the pot so we can sign another elite player... oops ... should not have used the word 'pot' around JR...

Kiyaman

Legend
0-2

The same OLE Melo-Knicks .... to much isolation and no triangle.
The mourning Headlines should read, "The $124M Melo-Knicks hasn't change, 24 pt loss to Bulls lastnite".
The Melo-Knicks had no leadership on the court in their first regular season game. How long will this last under Phil Jackson?

Stat & Dally got the best of Noah & Gasol, we lost the lead and game when Fisher put Acy at the PF spot.
The Bulls 6th Man Gibson was to much for the Knicks Smith, Acy, and Melo to handle.
Damn! i was hoping to get Gibson in a Knicks uniform for a sign n trade for Melo in the summer.

Dally & Stat will eat up Varegao & Love tonight .. will Triston Thomas do a Gibson on Acy & Smith tonite?
Will the 4-18 shooting JR & THJ receive any playing time tonite?
not if i was coach, the two 20% shooters shot their way out of playing time in the preseason games.
Has JR/THJ ever played under a system? it dont look like it.

Wow Phil Jackson, Larkin was the best u could do for a back-up PG?
I didn't see Calderon get injured in the preseason games.
Kobe is not the only $25M per player NBA players don't want to play with.
I want the bigmen in New Orleans that replaced Jason Smith .. Davis will become a super-star with the BIGS he have now in the frontline.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't completely agree.. the culture with dantoni here along with walsh was developing, we had amare and a bunch of developing young guys who loved playing in NY for all the right reasons..

that culture changed once we brought in carmeloser..
People forget that the Knicks were doing bad until the last couple or so games before the trade.

Come on, it was DNP'toni. He needed to go. Unfortunately when he did, somebody who was arguably worse took over.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
well it wasn't a max deal... melo threw 1m a year in the pot so we can sign another elite player... oops ... should not have used the word 'pot' around JR...

might as well say max deal, that one mil a year was a joke, If I were phil, I would have told him to keep it and shove it up his rear end.. but phil is the one who offered him a huge deal anyway, so I put part of this mess on his head..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
People forget that the Knicks were doing bad until the last couple or so games before the trade.

Come on, it was DNP'toni. He needed to go. Unfortunately when he did, somebody who was arguably worse took over.

doing bad? they were above .500, they were a typical young team with peaks and valleys.. but they were playing above .500 ball...

but if that is the case, we have been horrible the past year, why no cry to tear this mess up? instead we had fans cosigning giving carmelo the max...

You can blame dantoni all you want, he wasn't the problem.... everything went down after that trade.. Dantoni is long gone and we are actually much worse..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
the same ole melo-knicks .... to much isolation and no triangle.
The mourning headlines should read, "the $124m melo-knicks hasn't change, 24 pt loss to bulls lastnite".
The melo-knicks had no leadership on the court in their first regular season game. How long will this last under phil jackson?

stat & dally got the best of noah & gasol, we lost the lead and game when fisher put acy at the pf spot.
The bulls 6th man gibson was to much for the knicks smith, acy, and melo to handle.
Damn! I was hoping to get gibson in a knicks uniform for a sign n trade for melo in the summer.

Dally & stat will eat up varegao & love tonight .. Will triston thomas do a gibson on acy & smith tonite?
Will the 4-18 shooting jr & thj receive any playing time tonite?
Not if i was coach, the two 20% shooters shot their way out of playing time in the preseason games.
Has jr/thj ever played under a system? It dont look like it.

Wow phil jackson, larkin was the best u could do for a back-up pg?
I didn't see calderon get injured in the preseason games.
Kobe is not the only $25m per player nba players don't want to play with.
I want the bigmen in new orleans that replaced jason smith .. Davis will become a super-star with the bigs he have now in the frontline.

no they didn't...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Guys, calm down, it's only one game. Also, remember most of this squad is garbage. Calderon is decent, but he has yet to play... except of him we've got an elite player in Melo and a couple of mediocre guys like Shump or Prigs. Amare? Dalembert? Larkin? Let's be honest...