our biggest need.. a legit backup for amare ..

moneyg

Starter
we dont need an allstar big as a backup but when amare sits our interior scoring doesnt exist.

we dont have another pick and roll option

we dont have another post presence

we dont have another player that will force the defense to collapse in the post

the celtics has big baby
the spurs have mcdyss
the magic have gortat

we need somebody like that

i guess we thought the russian would do it

turiaf is not a scoring threat

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
we dont need an allstar big as a backup but when amare sits our interior scoring doesnt exist.

we dont have another pick and roll option

we dont have another post presence

we dont have another player that will force the defense to collapse in the post

the celtics has big baby
the spurs have mcdyss
the magic have gortat

we need somebody like that

i guess we thought the russian would do it

turiaf is not a scoring threat

Zach Randolph lol!

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I agree we need some offense down low when Amar'e is resting, not a star but just a Big who can score. Love Turiaf but he has no offensive skills whatsoever.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
To bad Eddy Curry is useless as well. Not sure who the Knicks will be able to get for backup, but I do know who will fit.

This won't happen, i guarantee it, just a thought.

Jason Maxiell for Randolph and Azzy

Maxiell would help the team in many ways, especially more than Randolph. Azzy was put in to make the trade possible, want to keep him but he's injured and not sure who will help more Maxiell or Azzy.

Channing Frye for Randolph and Azzy

Getting Frye back would be awesome, I liked him when he was a Knick and he would strive in this offense. Suns won't give him up but him and Maxiell were the only ones I can think of.

p0nder

Starter
Turiaf is a great option off the pick'n'roll he just never get's passed to as it seems the idea on offense is to get a 3 pter when amar'e is sitting. I saw many times last night the celtics did not cover turiaf on the roll and he could of had easy baskets. felton just doesn't look for him on that play.

I think we would be better getting a defensive minded post presence that could take minutes off turiaf and amar'es knees. M. Gasol would be a great 2 way option, but i think we should compliment Amar'e best with a defensive presence to back him up.

moneyg

Starter
Turiaf is a great option off the pick'n'roll he just never get's passed to as it seems the idea on offense is to get a 3 pter when amar'e is sitting. I saw many times last night the celtics did not cover turiaf on the roll and he could of had easy baskets. felton just doesn't look for him on that play.

I think we would be better getting a defensive minded post presence that could take minutes off turiaf and amar'es knees. M. Gasol would be a great 2 way option, but i think we should compliment Amar'e best with a defensive presence to back him up.

your right the defense doesnt respect turiaf which is the problem.. the same way we did not respect rondo jumpshot last night.

but we need defenses to respect another big when amare sits. i think we need a real scoring threat down there..

its there a legit young guy down in the d league if we cant trade for one

They could have let Moz go in and beat up on a few dudes, but the game was too close to let him in. Another big man for boards and butchering sounds good, keep him in just enough so our starters can catch their breath from all the running and gunning.

And, we do need another big scorer...just incase Stat goes down with an injury or starts to wear out towards the end of the season. The Knicks play a high tempo game, I'm not so sure if this pace can last to the end of the season without any wear and tear on the players...

la2ny

Starter
other than Maxiell there isn't really anyone out there until teams wanna shed salary in FEB.

check the D-league

metrocard

Legend
I agree we need some offense down low when Amar'e is resting, not a star but just a Big who can score. Love Turiaf but he has no offensive skills whatsoever.

Randolph averages like 20 ppg per 36 minutes. Dude has offensive skills. Shot selection is questionable, but that can be fixed.

We're not using our bench to the fullest. We got bigs. Just need a ball handler off the bench and we'll be fine.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You're exactly right there. Just read that Przybilla talks have kicked off in Donnie's office. Not a bad call. Personally, I'd like to see Javale McGee in the O&B.

I'd love to see what Randolph's capable of. Williams comes in and produces, which is great, but surely we can free AR from the bench and add some extra shot blocking? Williams is definitely the better defender on the block, though.

As usual, however, once a trade seems imminent, MD cuts the bait from the line up. Not even sure if AR will get back on the court? He's been horrible thus far so he can put the trade (or at least the rumours) on his own head.