Rockets trading 2012 1st for TWill

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I'm a bit confused as to what New Jersey is doing.... Shouldn't they be trying to improve their team immediately to make it an attractive place for Melo to go to? Stockpiling draft picks seems like an odd move. Maybe they're angling for a different player.

Its really not about Denver agreeing to a trade. Its about Melo choosing whether or not to extend his contract.

This

filler

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
.That would be the stupidest thing for the Nets to do trading away 4 or 5 first round picks.. they should trade 2 at the most.. If I was Denver and I was offered 4 or 5 first rounders I would take that deal right away.. you can build a championship team with all them picks..

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Favors, Murphy 4 firsts for Melo and rumored to have agreed to sign an extension with the Nets.

We're rolling, some times the deal you don't make is the best deal. Melo is a scorer and we score a ton of points anyway.

Like I said trading away 4 first rounderrs and Favors and another guy for Carmelo is a stupid move

iJoe

Rotation player
WRONG... Melo does not have a trade block clause in his contact so Denver can trade him anywhere if that team is willing to trade for him without him signing right away.

If NJ trades for him, you can take it to the bank that he resigns with NJ!!!

I like how you didn't provide any reason why Melo would resign. The simple truth is that there is no way New Jersey is dumb enough to trade their entire team's future for the chance that maybe he'll resign with them. Even Isiah wouldn't be that stupid and thats saying a lot.

Melo clearly wants to be with a contender as well as a big market. Right now, New York is certainly much more attractive than Jersey. Like its been said multiple times by many a poster..... Melo holds all the cards.

tiger0330

Legend
NJ is in a good spot either way. Sign Melo if he agrees to an extension, use those draft picks in other deals or use them and rebuild the team with draft picks.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I like how you didn't provide any reason why Melo would resign. The simple truth is that there is no way New Jersey is dumb enough to trade their entire team's future for the chance that maybe he'll resign with them. Even Isiah wouldn't be that stupid and thats saying a lot.

Melo clearly wants to be with a contender as well as a big market. Right now, New York is certainly much more attractive than Jersey. Like its been said multiple times by many a poster..... Melo holds all the cards.

You are right, I do not have proof on something that hasn't happened yet but I am speculating that he will develop a rythm with Lopez and Harris; start to realize that he might have something with this team and NJ having a ton of moeny to spend... You really want to take that chance???? You really feel that confident that Melo will resist all and play out the year, with a lockout looming and a unknown new CBA looming, then hold out to sign with the Knicks.... If you are willing to take that gamble then you are bigger risk taker than me!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I Even Isiah wouldn't be that stupid and thats saying a lot.

What does NJ have to lose???? 2 draft picks and Favors?
If you knew for a fact that for 1 thousand dollars you could go out on 10 dates with Scarlett Johansson and use that time to try to win her over..... Would ya???
I know that is a stupid comparison but my point is NJ would be giving that up for a chance on a superstar, that they wouldn't be able to get in the first place, and to use the rest of the season to win him over. They are keeping the 2 center pieces they want to keep so... So the law of everages is in NJs favor! I'm telling you if you want Melo on this team you can not let him go to another; especially one that's right next to the Gaden and moving to Brooklyn!

Last edited:

iJoe

Rotation player
You are right, I do not have proof on something that hasn't happened yet but I am speculating that he will develop a rythm with Lopez and Harris; start to realize that he might have something with this team and NJ having a ton of moeny to spend... You really want to take that chance???? You really feel that confident that Melo will resist all and play out the year, with a lockout looming and a unknown new CBA looming, then hold out to sign with the Knicks.... If you are willing to take that gamble then you are bigger risk taker than me!!!

Its not just 2 draft picks and Favors first of all... They actually have 5 draft picks over the next 2 years that they can trade. The Nets are in a position to bid for a big time star, but again.... there is absolutely no way that they'll gamble the entire future of a multimillion dollar franchise on a move without reassurance that Melo will extend his contract.

1 thousand for 10 dates Scarlett is a horrible and small time comparison. Try gambling away your job and going in to debt for the next few years for one date with her with no guarantee she'll go on more.

Lets look at who the Nets are going to surround Melo with right now....

1. Harris is decent but not what anyone would consider a pass first point guard.
  2. Morrow s mostly a one dimensional shooter.
  3. Melo
  4. They'll probably trade Murphy and Favors so its a huge gaping hole.
  5. Lopez is extremely overrated. The worst rebounding big man in the league and definitely not known for his defense.

The bench consists of Travis Outlaw, Quinton Ross and Jordan Farmar...

Good luck selling him on that. If the Nets are smart they'll use their picks to sign a good PF and improve their team to make him want to come.

tiger0330

Legend
Its not just 2 draft picks and Favors first of all... They actually have 5 draft picks over the next 2 years that they can trade. The Nets are in a position to bid for a big time star, but again.... there is absolutely no way that they'll gamble the entire future of a multimillion dollar franchise on a move without reassurance that Melo will extend his contract.

1 thousand for 10 dates Scarlett is a horrible and small time comparison. Try gambling away your job and going in to debt for the next few years for one date with her with no guarantee she'll go on more.

Lets look at who the Nets are going to surround Melo with right now....

1. Harris is decent but not what anyone would consider a pass first point guard.
  2. Morrow s mostly a one dimensional shooter.
  3. Melo
  4. They'll probably trade Murphy and Favors so its a huge gaping hole.
  5. Lopez is extremely overrated. The worst rebounding big man in the league and definitely not known for his defense.

The bench consists of Travis Outlaw, Quinton Ross and Jordan Farmar...

Good luck selling him on that. If the Nets are smart they'll use their picks to sign a good PF and improve their team to make him want to come.
Agreed, it's going to be a hard sell to Melo to get him to sign with that squad. I think the first reports of giving Denver 4 firsts are off base, more likely they still offer 2 firsts but the better of the picks in both 2011 and 2012 imo. That way the Nets still keep some picks for rebuilding and convincing Melo there is a future with them.

GetRealistic

Starter
Lets get right down to it... The Nets simply don't have an appealing team... Brook Lopez is a good player but he's not a great player like Amar'e. And frankly i believe Felton is leaps and bounds better then Devin Harris. Harris is a shoot first point guard that wouldn't mesh with Melo (think melo and AI).

If the Nets trade Favors (most promising players) and all those first round picks what appeal is their to Melo. They'd have no bench and a lower playoff seed team that plays in Newark for atleast another year.

The Nets best bet would be to use all those 5 picks and build around a core of Favors and Lopez.

I know they want to sell tickets but thats there best bet.

Toons

is the Bo$$
damn 5 first round picks, 2 of them sure to be lottery picks...for melo? if the nets get melo, the supposedly lottery picks are worth less and less every game melo helps jersey win. How do you guys say t. will and 3 first rounders too much enough for melo? we were willing to sacrifice top 10 draft pick gallo, top 10 draft pick anthony randolph, and trade for another first rounder, AND give up eddy curry's contract for the dude. T. Will isnt that good, the nets can live without him. He's a broke corey mgette. the nets will have a good team with melo, mark my words.....the knicks would be a GREAT team with melo....mark my words.