Some tweaks for the better

finestrg

Rotation player
We definitely could use another productive guard. Joe Flynn over at Posting & Toasting is talking about signing Elliot Williams. Not a bad option at all. I think he'd be good here, a better option over Galloway who I'm losing patience with. I mean when's the last time Galloway's even come close to resembling an NBA player? Even at his peak, what was he exactly--a poor man's Derek Fisher? Elliot Williams or Erick Green from the DL would be sizable upgrades over Galloway (and Sasha V) imo and with the open roster spot, we could go out and add either guy right now without subtracting anyone. And if it didn't work out, no problem--for the nominal amount of money we're talking about to bring either one here, we simply cut either guy for a better option and move on (or, if the decision is based on sheer talent, maybe we wise up and cut Galloway or Vujacic instead, keep an Elliot Williams or Green and continue amassing talent.

Sign Elliot Williams or Erick Green or consider trading for the Pistons' Spencer Dinwiddie or the Pacers' Joe Young--two young talented guards that aren't getting nearly enough time on their current teams to show what they can do. Again, two much better options over Galloway and Vujacic imo...Neither one of these guys should cost much--I think either guy could be had. Doubtful we have the assets to pull off some major trade but we might have enough to go after one of these two.

Tweaks I'd love to see -- bring in at least 1 backcourt upgrade, let's see some more O'Quinn/Seraphin together up front (along with a healthy dose of each with KP--scaling back RoLo's mins. in the process) and get both Afflalo and D-Will more shots a game.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Mafra mentioned Calderon for Jennings and I added the Pistons might do it if we threw in Gallo in exchange for Dinwiddie.

mafra

Legend
I agree... something needs to be done. Elliot is a good defender as well (if memory serves me well)... Try anything at this point. Jimmer, the 2 you mentioned... Call around the league or scour the D League.

Hey... We stumbled upon Lin that way.

Kiyaman

Legend
This post/thread/tweek or whatever u call it should went straight to president Phil Jackson at the end of the "17 win season" to get rid of the Knicks two LOSER guards name Calderon and Tim Hardaway Jr. asap in offseason.

This season is our young raw guards Galloway & Grant first full season in the NBA ....
If u don't know ask a real Knick fan .. Galloway n Grant are the Knicks FUTURE winning guards.
They give us stops on defense, and give us points n dimes on offense.
I wouldn't trade Galloway or Grant for the Lakers 2nd pick in the 2015 draft D'Angelo Russell.
I would only trade Calderon for Jennings, bc both their egos need to be put as backup PG in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
Tomorrow's the day FA's and rookies signed this off-season can be traded. Mafra was right about the Jennings rumors according to the below, if the Knicks want to play faster Calderon must go but I was surprised the Knicks may be willing to let Grant go before Gallo. I'm still for trading Lopez and his contract if they can't trade Calderon but I don't think anyone would bite paying him that much for what he brings to the floor but maybe for someone who's damaged goods like Ty Lawson who knows.

The Pistons have their new starting point guard in Reggie Jackson, and Jennings is in the last year of a three-year, $24 million deal. Trading the pact of Calderon, a former Piston, for Jennings straight up wouldn’t do the trick, but adding Grant or a big man to a package could be more enticing. Grant did not play in Portland on Saturday after playing three minutes in Sacramento.

The Knicks players who become eligible to be traded Tuesday are Grant, the untouchable Kristaps Porzingis, Derrick Williams, Robin Lopez, Kyle O’Quinn, Kevin Seraphin, Sasha Vujacic, Arron Afflalo, Lance Thomas and Lou Amundson. Sources believe the Wizards and Nuggets eventually could be in fire-sale mode. The Wizards had interest in Williams in July.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mafra mentioned Calderon for Jennings and I added the Pistons might do it if we threw in Gallo in exchange for Dinwiddie.

When Mafra mention us getting PG Jennings n PG Spencer Dinwiddie in a trade to put in a guard rotation with our rookie Grant .. my first thought was another Calderon n Larkins trade to go with Prigioni .. The joke would be on us again LMFAO!
I would not do a straight up trade of giving a young Galloway good decision-making n low turnover average each game to coach SVG in exchange for Brandon Jennings inconsistent performance.

We would be given the Detroit Pistons coach SVG a trustful top backcourt rotation of R.Jackson, KC.Pope, S.Blake, and Galloway. Hell No! Recall last year, we gave Lebron our guards Shump & JR.Smith to put in the Cavs guard rotation with Irving, Miller, Jones, Dellavedova

finestrg

Rotation player
A couple of other interesting names -- Pat Connaughton, Allen Crabbe and don't laugh...Greg Oden.

I saw Connaughton cheerleading on Portland's bench the other night--he's barely seen any action this season, buried behind others in the Blazers' backcourt at the 2 (McCollum, Crabbe, Henderson). Again, trying to focus on guys we'd actually have a shot at trading for. Dude was good last yr for Notre Dame. 6'5" 205 legit SG, good shooter and he's very underrated athletically (44" max vertical at the combine, one of the best ever), and he and Grant have some familiarity with each other. Has a bright future unlike Sasha Vujacic. Could be a nice little move to improve at SG for now and for the future. Speaking of Notre Dame, how 'bout their young PG Demetrius Jackson? That kid looks legit. I thought he'd step up minus Grant and Connaughton--been doing just that...Too bad we have no pick--Jackson would've be a great player to shoot for (prob. would've had to trade up but still).

Allen Crabbe is a nice wing to target in FA next yr (unrestricted I believe) if we can't come up with anything else. And don't look now but Greg Oden looks healthy and is playing very well in China. Averaging something like 17 & 15 with 3.5 blocks in under 30 mins/game. Granted our frontcourt's crowded and we need guard help above all else--just a guy to keep an eye on should any of our bigs go down.

mafra

Legend
Tomorrow's the day FA's and rookies signed this off-season can be traded. Mafra was right about the Jennings rumors according to the below, if the Knicks want to play faster Calderon must go but I was surprised the Knicks may be willing to let Grant go before Gallo. I'm still for trading Lopez and his contract if they can't trade Calderon but I don't think anyone would bite paying him that much for what he brings to the floor but maybe for someone who's damaged goods like Ty Lawson who knows.

Lopez is 7-feet... Doesn't want to shoot and is beloved by his teammates. He graded out as an excellent P&R defender and was s monster on the off glass (last season)... He's being asked to do things on the triangle that has him thinking, not reacting... This type of player is always wanted by playoff teams... Mozgov fetched 2 picks...