Something I noticed about D`Antoni

YungMelo15: "After Melo got up and ran past D'Antoni, MDA actually did give Melo a pat on the back".

Ahahah EXACTLY. End thread. It's over & done with.

Thank you YungMelo. All the proof is in his previous post. MDA not only talked about effort heading into the game, but ALSO gave Melo a little rah rah type of good job PAT ON THE BACK for a hustle play.

Like I said with my OP, I never had the chance to DVR & go back to the play (wish I did now) but like I stated... The OP was simply trying to make something out of nothing as if MDA just "didn't care".

Now that we have proof that MDA gave him a pat on the back, would you like to give MDA some credit for saying job well done sir? Thats what a pat on the back means. Job well done Carmelo.
Also, Melo has been playing defense for more than just two games. He's played with defensive energy during at least 75% of his games under MDA. Fact of the matter is this... Most of you said "Melo will NEVER play defense under MDA". Melo has proven you wrong. "2 games"?lol

Exactly. "NY has been playing horrible on defense for too long" for fans such as yourself, to EXPECT the head coach to turn it around in less than a year, when the only returning starter from last year was Gallo (who struggles of defense as a Europen young talent).

To make it worse? Now we have 5 starters who weren't here last year & 60% of our starters have been here for less than 20 games.

I'm not the one talking "top 10 defense" with the largest 5 hole in the NBA (Mozgov or no project rookie C from Russia).

You are.

nyk_nyk

All Star
YungMelo15: "After Melo got up and ran past D'Antoni, MDA actually did give Melo a pat on the back".

Ahahah EXACTLY. End thread. It's over & done with.

Thank you YungMelo. All the proof is in his previous post. MDA not only talked about effort heading into the game, but ALSO gave Melo a little rah rah type of good job PAT ON THE BACK for a hustle play.

Like I said with my OP, I never had the chance to DVR & go back to the play (wish I did now) but like I stated... The OP was simply trying to make something out of nothing as if MDA just "didn't care".

Now that we have proof that MDA gave him a pat on the back, would you like to give MDA some credit for saying job well done sir? Thats what a pat on the back means. Job well done Carmelo.
Also, Melo has been playing defense for more than just two games. He's played with defensive energy during at least 75% of his games under MDA. Fact of the matter is this... Most of you said "Melo will NEVER play defense under MDA". Melo has proven you wrong. "2 games"?lol

Can you please cite 1 or 2 of those quotes?

Also, yes Melo has played defense for more than two games but to make your post look good you want to make it seem like he never played defense under Karl. Don't be stupid.

& you wanna make it seem like he did play D under Karl? lmao!

Karl MADE it KNOWN, after the trade, that he was upset with Melo's D for many of years!

Where do you think Melo earned the rep of not playing D from? During his Freshman year @ Syracuse? Exactly. In DEN. Under Karl.

The only time Melo played defense under Karl was during the playoffs or big time games against LeBron & other top stars during the regular season. Not against teams like NJ. Never. Melo would takes games & games if not weeks off @ a time on the defensive end of the court. Fact.

He's yet to do that here in NY under MDA & it's only the regular season. I've always had the NBA league pass & always loved watching Melo. The man didn't care about defense on most nights. He's playing defense now because he's back home & loves MSG. He wants to prove to the fans, his teammates & MDA himself that he's ready to become a leader.

The fact of the matter is this; he's doing it under MDA when some said he'd never D-up with a coach "like MDA"

skisloper

Starter
LOL! Your hilarious man. Your trying to make it seem like Melo NEVER played defense under George Karl. Where are you getting this crap from???

I could easily say Rambis has Darko and AR doing something during the regular season that not even MDA could force them to do after one season and one half of asking, which is play D.

These Knicks have been horrible defensively for too long for you to take two good defensive games by Melo and make it seem like MDA's got it figured out. If anything, I think Melo just took it upon himself to just play harder. Like he said. "we just threw out all the X's and O's and just played basketball"

Rambis got AR and DARKO to play defense ?
U said it wrong ....U mean he got them to play.....
Coach D is our God

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn....talk about totally missing the point...but I'll play this game...

Answer me this, how come it took an assistant coach to get in STAT's face and chew him out in a game where his defense was nonexistent. Shouldn't it be the head coach who's holding his star players accountable to send a message to the entire team? He can do it either Coach Pop's way and chew him out right there, or Phil Jackson's way and send a message in the media...but no...MDA just stands there while Weber goes Popovich all over Amar'e and in the media MDA says things like ":shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmm such is life ya know, i dunno" when asked about STAT's poor play and turnovers. So...he doesn't reprimand players on the court, he doesn't send messages in the media, and if he tries to hold them accountable privately...it ain't working.

The OP wasn't asking about encouraging effort in general, but applauding a player's hustle on the defensive end of the court...you know....where the Knicks are sorely lacking. You can "encourage effort" to your hearts content and it doesn't mean it'll happen (look at the Knicks on the defensive end for the majority of March, and look at STAT now) and then when someone finally gives you that effort on the defensive end, that you've allegedly been begging for, you shouldn't be the only guys standing there like this:

MIKEDANTONI.jpg

It doesn't look right.

GREAT Response :agreed: right on time

KO members need to know the Knicks could win 55% of their games
with Amare/Melo/and Billups averaging around 18+ points each per game
using a decent defensive-system with two decent bigman rebounders
in the rotation each game.

Dantoni type of coaching offers nothing to any of our players growth
as a winning team. If there is any of us who know anything about the
career of Amare/Melo/and Billups it is these 3-players are outstanding
scorers off of a broken play.

Under the coaching of Dantoni in March 90% of Amare/Melo/and
Billups points have been off of broken plays. Do the math....how
many pick n rolls have we seen done with Amare or Melo?
Both these athletes play above the rim so "alley-oop" passes
should be plenty if we had a system of blocking out of the paint
on offense & defense, but we have none.

P.S. I can not wait to see what new headcoach silly-Dolan or
silly-Walsh bring in for next season if Walsh get an extension.
Recall all of the best headcoaches Walsh had on the Pacers quit on him.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
please stop with the coming home crap. hes from baltimore.

The guy that was born and raised in brooklyn and when asked about playing in NYC he said "who wouldn't wanna go home?" Is that who you refer to when you say "he's from baltimore?"

Go tell him that he's not from here, coming home were his words.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
My problem with the OP was this:

"He wasn't applauding the play of Melo. He wasn't encouraging more of the same from the players".

When, before the game, MDA encouraged effort to begin with...

"With EFFORTS like Monday's game (ORL), the team will COME TOGETHER & we'll become BETTER because of it".

MDA stressed the importance of effort inorder for us to improve as a team heading into our NJ gm. Which led to a reporter stating...

"Coach D'Antoni, however, believes Monday's hard-fought victory against the playoff bound Magic should give his team a much-needed lift".

Which it did. That momentum gave us a lift in terms of being able to comeback from as many as 15 with an excellent 2nd half, that was full of nothing but energy, intensity & effort during the 2nd half vs NJ.

MDA had a game to focus on & coach. Which is more important than a "rah rah type of fan" during the course of a game. Melo gets paid over 15M to make those plays. It's expected. MDA stressed hustle before the game. He encourages effort.

Yes, but you`re completely ignoring the original point of my thread. I was simply making an observation and asking others what they thought. Why do you have to turn this and many other threads into a rant whilst completely ignoring the original point.

I have nothing against you but you obviously need help and I hope that you get it. Try and make a post in a thread where you actually say something constructive and not start screaming at people like someone has taken away your favourite toy.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I kept rewinding that play on the DVR, and after Melo got up and was running past Dantoni, MDA actually did pat him on the back. So no MDA hate for me on that play.

Okay, thanks for pointing that out to me, cheers. Good, helpful, constuctive post.

You gotta be honest bro, after making comments such as he did nothing at all, other than have his arms folded & he wasn't applauding or even encouraging an effort.... Don't you think it's only right to at least give the man some creidt?

Before I even found out about the whole Mike D'Antoni giving Carmelo a slap on the back, I pointed out how Mike D'Antoni was talking, preaching & encouraging team effort heading into that NJ game. Put up quotes & all. Sorry if you feel I came @ you the wrong way, it's just this thread confused me. You really made the man out to seem like he could care less about high energy effort or had some type of hatred against Carmelo. Thats just the type of opinion I had after reading that OP. One thing is for sure; this coach does get blamed for anything & everything Knicks related.

But now that you've had a chance to see that he encouraged effort before the game, applauded Melo after his hustle play & even told Melo good job with body language; don't you feel he deserves credit?

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
D'antoni's a G. G's dont show there emotion to just anyone.

Anyone want to tell me whats goin in in that locker room 2 games in a row when Melo comes out at the start of the 3rd; puts up 19 and 20 and puts the team back in the game.

In D'antoni's system the knicks are always in the game. Even down by 24 in the first half we have proven (with several different players, and line ups) to come back and give the other team a hell of a 4th quarter.

Basketballs an emotional game; and d'antonis system is an emotional system; if we dont have one guy (who better than the coach) to keep his head; those all stars will be all over the place. The players respect him.

When you play in D'antonis sytem you play for the team; thats why weve got 4 guys that can put up 25 any given night (or every given night) and D'antonis still gonna stick to his system. 7 guys; 4 scorers; the rest to the dirty work; Ill take 115-131 a night; Just gotta outscore the other team, quarter by quarter.