Stephen Curry is the Most Overrated Player in this Draft

smokes

Huge Member
Wrong! Curry averaged 28 pts per game. Any player that can do that has a much higher ceiling then a spark off the bench. Like it or not the Knicks are going for a higher pick to get Curry not Rubio.

28ppg in the weakest division in the NCAA. Show me Curry going up against a quality opposition and putting up a great offensive showing. He can score no-doubt but he is one dimensional, small, weak for the SG and certainly not what the Knicks need. Any talk of the Knicks taking him is almost certainly a smoke-screen to get other teams interested. If we take him I'd be sorely disappointed.

metrocard

Legend
Dude...stop spamming.

There no such thing as a valid opinion.
Bobby Knight is wrong about that, **** his resume. Just because he coached NCAA doesnt mean he could be right about anything he says...thats nonsense and have a mind for your own please, don't let ESPN guys take over your what you think. Do your own research, lazybutt.

Paul1355

All Star
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably of all time...

Whoever picks him will probably get fired. And that's a fact.

I would rather draft davidson's mascot instead of curry :lol:
Chad Ford said that when he saw Stephen Curry shoot that the entire gym....players,coaches and high officials in basketball all stopped and just watched him shoot.........that's how Mickey Mantle was in baseball because everyone would stop to watch him hit.

IF Stephen Curry can shoot like Mantle hit a baseball, I'm taking Curry.

Your opinion is very weak being that he is labeled as the best shooter in the entire draft and is not like JJ Redick because Curry can create his own shots from 20 + feet.

BernardKing

Rookie
Dude...stop spamming.

There no such thing as a valid opinion.
Bobby Knight is wrong about that, **** his resume. Just because he coached NCAA doesnt mean he could be right about anything he says...thats nonsense and have a mind for your own please, don't let ESPN guys take over your what you think. Do your own research, lazybutt.

I do plenty of research, which is why I found that clip in the first place. Yesterday, I rewatched both USA/Spain games from these past Olympics just so I could check out Rubio's on ball defense, so I'm not exactly a "lazybutt". I've also seen all the nationally televised Davidson games like everyone else around here.

It seems that you and I have had this conversation already in the Ty Lawson thread. It's an argument that started when you said that "Curry can shoot and score, but thats it." Our debate can be found on page three of that thread: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6430&page=3

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Chad Ford said that when he saw Stephen Curry shoot that the entire gym....players,coaches and high officials in basketball all stopped and just watched him shoot.........that's how Mickey Mantle was in baseball because everyone would stop to watch him hit.

IF Stephen Curry can shoot like Mantle hit a baseball, I'm taking Curry.

Your opinion is very weak being that he is labeled as the best shooter in the entire draft and is not like JJ Redick because Curry can create his own shots from 20 + feet.

**** chad ford, Stephen curry is still a bitch :lol:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This was brutal to just read.
KO's been always known for misjudging players' value. Or maybe I should say the Knicks fans in general? Remember that Porzingis was booed when he got drafted. Now he's putting insane numbers on a playoff team and is likely to make his 1st All-Star appearance. In his 2nd year. At what? 21 years of age. I remember listening to an interview with Shumpert when he was traded to Cleveland. He said something like "it's New York, you play two bad games and people want to trade you right away". It's been 14 games so far and guess what? We've already heard that Noah is a bust we should get rid of him, that Rose is a ****ty PG, and there were even some wild trade speculations concerning Melo.

paris401

Starter
there were even some wild trade speculations concerning Melo.

I'd trade his greedy ass in a heartbeat... problem is he has a no trade clause, and if we find a willing partner, no doubt Me-Lo will want his contract upgraded as he is vastly underpaid... imo and I have been wrong in the past (just ask my wife), we will win nothing with Me-Lo on the team...

KingCharles34

All Star
Im glad I didnt post in here lmao. I didnt anticipate him becoming an elite point guard, I dont think I really liked him

I think the first time I ever heard about him was on here. I thought the thread was about Steph Marbury and Eddy Curry lol
I'd trade his greedy ass in a heartbeat... problem is he has a no trade clause, and if we find a willing partner, no doubt Me-Lo will want his contract upgraded as he is vastly underpaid... imo and I have been wrong in the past (just ask my wife), we will win nothing with Me-Lo on the team...
Terrible post here, im gonna neg you

Carmelord is still one of the best small forwards in the league and hes already established with his career that he's an all time great.

Had Melord played in the 80's there would be no Larry Bird. He wouldve been way too strong for anyone back then, Bird wouldve had a messed up back several years sooner because of bully Melo.

I suggest you show more respect to StarMelo or join another teams forum

njn5wbsdgslc.jpg

pat

Starter
Curry isn't perfect for D'Antoni's style....hasn't proven he can run an offense, Curry will be a spark plug off the bench, thats his ceiling.

Wow this thread pretty much sums up what the Knicks problem is: Front office decisions made by Dolan to cater to a impatient fan base with an obvious lack of expertise.

paris401

Starter
Carmelord is still one of the best small forwards in the league and hes already established with his career that he's an all time great.
View attachment 634

all time great.... I always thought that all time greats won championships, elevated the players around them... exactly how many playoff rounds have Me-Lo won with the knicks... its an easy answer...ZERO... which teammate has elevated his game because of Me-Lo... here too its an easy answer...ZERO... good player... yes... great player..NO...

heres a comment from a sportswriter (take it for whats it worth)
Carmelo Anthony has been setting an individual record for postseason futility. The Wall Street Journal noted after New York's first loss in the series that it was Anthony's 50th career playoff game, and that he had the worst won-loss percentage of anyone to make that many postseason appearances in the last 20 years.
Since then, Anthony has been in two more playoff defeats, leaving him with a 16-36 (.308) career record

.308 career record... just about his shooting average last nite..,.

KingCharles34

All Star
all time great.... I always thought that all time greats won championships, elevated the players around them... exactly how many playoff rounds have Me-Lo won with the knicks... its an easy answer...ZERO... which teammate has elevated his game because of Me-Lo... here too its an easy answer...ZERO... good player... yes... great player..NO...

heres a comment from a sportswriter (take it for whats it worth)
Carmelo Anthony has been setting an individual record for postseason futility. The Wall Street Journal noted after New York's first loss in the series that it was Anthony's 50th career playoff game, and that he had the worst won-loss percentage of anyone to make that many postseason appearances in the last 20 years.
Since then, Anthony has been in two more playoff defeats, leaving him with a 16-36 (.308) career record

.308 career record... just about his shooting average last nite..,.

You sound like your not even a real Knicks fan. One player cant do it by themself, those Denver teams were always having injuries. Same with the Knicks. It was suppose to be Stat and Melo, Amare had one good year and was washed up.

Your expectations are unrealistic. I suggest you go on youtube and watch some Melord highlight video's so you can see what greatness is

paris401

Starter
Your expectations are unrealistic. I suggest you go on youtube and watch some Melord highlight video's so you can see what greatness is

greatness to me is winning rings, elevating teammates ... get back to me when he has a ring... or at least has gotten to the 2nd round of playoff's...

Kiyaman

Legend
Before the two-season of Mark Jackson all-around coaching system...Curry n Klay were tier-2 performance PG/SG .. the right coach or teammate could improve a players all-around talent by 60% .. Rondo develop tier-1 playoff talent from teammates KG/Pierce/Ray .. Kyrie Irving were a tier-2 PG during his first season alongside Lebron

The Knicks were in desperate need of a PG n SG during the 2009 draft-class .. the majority of Knicks fans wanted to pick Curry or Rubio or Jennings at that time .. so many fans were upset with Knicks pick Hill.

Kiyaman

Legend
and where is Jordan these days????

The Indiana Pacers poor frontcourt should have kept Jordan Hill .. Hill signed a 2 year contract with the Timberwolves, they need to tandem Hill n Towns for their week frontcourt when Hill come off of injury