We need to trade Billups+Fields for CP3 now before its too late

Kiyaman

Legend
sad sad sad

We have to do it this offseason while Landry still has a high trade value.

I personally think Billups is overrated, yeah TD played bad defense tonight on Rondo but that is only because TD didn't want to get into foul trouble.

A lot of you say that Billups has a lot of experience but all he does is just chuck up 3's with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, he's not efficient, he's not even a good passer and can't run the pick and roll with Amare.

I know i might get flamed for this but Billups is just an old version of TD. With Cp3, Jeffries+Turiaf would be enough to win a championship. REAL TALK

Here is some REAL TALK......CP3 is a much higher FRANCHISE-PLAYER
than Amare or Carmelo.....CP3 performance has rank the "number #1"
top PG in the NBA the past 4 years.
Amare is not arguably the top PF, and Carmelo is not arguably the top SF.

Old Billups was the top "prize" in the Melo-trade, why? b/c of Billups
strong "team-leadership" at coaching the fundamentals into his teammates.
What Billups have to offer in one full season as a Knick is priceless to
the Knick Franchise, and its top players "Amare & Melo".
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Knick management has Billups believing he will be a FA in this lockout offseason.
So we wont see the "pick n roll" Billups formed with
ex-teammates Nene, Rasheed, Ben, Mcdyess, and Okufor.
I am suprise after management treatment of Billups, he didnt conjure-up
a season-injury in March.
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Here is some REAL TALK......CP3 is a much higher FRANCHISE-PLAYER
than Amare or Carmelo.....CP3 performance has rank the "number #1"
top PG in the NBA the past 4 years.
Amare is not arguably the top PF, and Carmelo is not arguably the top SF.

Old Billups was the top "prize" in the Melo-trade, why? b/c of Billups
strong "team-leadership" at coaching the fundamentals into his teammates.
What Billups have to offer in one full season as a Knick is priceless to
the Knick Franchise, and its top players "Amare & Melo".
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Knick management has Billups believing he will be a FA in this lockout offseason.
So we wont see the "pick n roll" Billups formed with
ex-teammates Nene, Rasheed, Ben, Mcdyess, and Okufor.
I am suprise after management treatment of Billups, he didnt conjure-up
a season-injury in March.
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

More conspiracy theories not based on anything but your fantasies. Not surprised...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Douglas played possibly the worst game of his career last night and now all of a sudden some people want to talk about how Billups is overrated????

If Billups played last night, there is a strong chance we win that game.

LMFAO at Billups being and older version of TD. :teeth:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Douglas played possibly the worst game of his career last night and now all of a sudden some people want to talk about how Billups is overrated????

That was a well thought out rebuttal and I am convinced!

NOT.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well, there goes my stalker for the day. Seriously man just ignore me.

Yea 1 post = stalk yet you filled up my thread for pages upon pages and then created an entire thread to get my attention. :teeth: It's hard to ignore the smell of dogshit so asking me to ignore you will be difficult. :cool:

P.S. Don't pretend like your post about LMAO at people didn't include me since I hold the very position you attacked.

Red

TYPE-A

Add we probably would have had a better chance to win game one too!

WE NEED THIS DUDE, AS MELO SAID, "HE IS OUR LEADER".

Trillion, please stick to casual fan observences and let the professionals offer some knowledgable insight.

Thanks.

Chuancey Billup's intangibes including his leadership, poise, grace, and the RESPECT he garners are immeasurable. This series with it's results swaying in the balance is proof positive an indictment on exactly why casual fans should not offer an assesment on anything basketball related.

And is a referendum on why a "Top notch" coach and Floor general such as Billups ARE needed to achieve at the next level.

I said "we need a big", now with this series, I estimate even with a big we cannot compete entirely. What's needed with these egos and talent is a bonifed floor general first and foremost, a coach who has enough savvy to close out close games projecting confidence and a championship prepardness, and THEN a quality defensive big.

Kiyaman

Legend
:agreed:
WE NEED THIS DUDE, AS MELO SAID, "HE IS OUR LEADER".

Chuancey Billup's intangibes including his leadership, poise, grace, and the RESPECT he garners are immeasurable. This series with it's results swaying in the balance is proof positive an indictment on exactly why casual fans should not offer an assesment on anything basketball related.

And is a referendum on why a "Top notch" coach and Floor general such as Billups ARE needed to achieve at the next level.

I said "we need a big", now with this series, I estimate even with a big we cannot compete entirely. What's needed with these egos and talent is a bonifed floor general first and foremost, a coach who has enough savvy to close out close games projecting confidence and a championship prepardness, and THEN a quality defensive big.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

One full-season of Billups leading the pair "Melo & Amare"
under a new headcoach....and the past decade will be forgotten

oshi

Benchwarmer
I think Billups is a lil overrated (I've seen him play more than all of you probably, Nuggets my #2 team and I've seen like half of their games in full past 3 years) but to say he just chucks 3s up and can't pass is ridiculous. Pull up 3s are part of his game he's made tons, has he taken some bad ones yeah, but I'd rather him take a pullup than Melo shooting 3s from anywhere most of the time. I overrate his leadership a little bit also he had some bad technical fouls last year in the playoffs for Denver.. for the most part he is clutch though.

please, no more trading. can't we develop our own player?

I agree, I like the idea of developed guys but all our guys are gone, knicks management gut this team over and over. of all superstars CP3 been one of my favorites it adds to the story haha. might as well we have Fields now, that's really it. I'd like it more if we got a guy like Aaron Brooks here and Marc Gasol, it's kinda wack to do the miami superstar shit imo, but I dunno anymore I just want to see this team win again whatever it takes. It's made me dislike Yankees and baseball in recent years. Nice avatar btw Slam Dunk is great

KingCharles34

All Star
I have predicted already that the knicks will trade billups, fields, few other players, draft picks for CP3 at the deadline next year just like i did this year with carmelo. As long as there aint no lockout :crossfingers: