Must read...5 Key Factors. Please Argue them, if you dare : )

1) Landry Fields pushed his way slowly into becoming a legitimate perimeter threat over the last few weeks of the season, especially down the stretch, please regard me while I provide some provocation for that statement.
He is currently shooting 40 percent from three point range, while Danilo and Chandler who took up the bulk of our perimeter shots as well as scoring load shot 35 percent respectfully. Fields will improve drastically with more open looks as well as more week side finishes, as well as week side rebounds which he seems to specialize in ( hence his amazing put backs atleast once a game ), No one will pay attention to him while all the focus is on amare and melo.

2) Our role players are now our role players. Meaning in this sytem Walker shooting 42 percent from three, Williams shooting 48 percent from three, billups shooting 45 percent from three, along with fields shooting 40 percent from three, gives us one of the most potent three point shooting teams in the entire NBA. Every open shot that Gallo would air ball, that chandler would hit 3 in a row then miss 7 in a row, will be divided up between 4-5 legitimate knock down three point shooters.

3) Amare and Melo can play together, Just watch this offense in how many open looks mozgof recieved by Amare catching the ball and running pick and rolls at the top of the elbow. Melo will easily take the ball where Amare has been forced to get it, leaving Amare coming in from the weak side of the paint, as well as curling off turiaf screens towards the key while teams try to figure out how to keep Melo from getting the basket, all the while ( back to FACTOR number 2) 3 knock down shooters wait in the wings for wide open threes when every player on the opposing team is drawn into the lane, and if Amare doesnt catch the ball under the basket, or the key, then fields will be slashing right behind him, giving another wing player the responsibility of running after fields, while deciding whether to double down on Melo. Its priceless.

4) Mike Dantoni has made Gallinari, Chandler, Felton better than they really are and the proof is in the pudding, similar to Boris Diaws explosion in Amare's absence a few years ago, the aforementioned traded players all were products of a system that in truth gallo and chandler under achieved in, and felton over achieved in. Point....Carmelo, Amare and Billups all have proven they dont need Dantonis system to dominate and win in this league, something Mike DAntoni has not been afforded the opportunity to coach since he took over the bench for the Knickerbockers 2 and a half seasons ago. Amare, Billups and Melo will be in auto drive regardless of Mikes system, the ones who will benefit are the slashing young shooters coming off the bench running in circles while Amare Billips and Melo pick and pop and rolls and drop and curls until the cows come home.

5) We will either get what we want, or get what we want with this trade.

Confused.

explanation

If Mike Dantoni is a real coach, he will realize everything I just said and make it work to the best of its potential, if he is a terrible coach, we will under acheive and play well beneath the potential of two stars. Amare and Melo will struggle, Billups will look lost, and the bench players will fade to the back ground due to lack of open looks. SO all the debates over Mike Dantoni will be solved in this; with two stars, four 40 plus percentage three point threats, a veteran savy defensive facilitator point guard we should flourish, if we dont, then we can finally have proof Mike D is a failure as a coach, but if they excel, and push to the second round or further; then Mike D is worth the price of admission.

Extra FACTOR

Melo 25 ppg - Lebron 26 ppg
Amare 26 ppg - Bosh 18 ppg
Billups 16 ppg - Wade 25 ppg

Role players

Rony Turiaf - Joel Anthony
Douglas - Arroyo
Walker - Chalmers
Big Z - Sheldon williams
S Williams - Miller
J.Jones - Brewer

You may want to read this post twice, just to understand the break down of how truly good we are going to be.

Any questions ??

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
:agreed::agreed::agreed:100% DFDH !!

I saw as soon as I noticed who all was in the trade this isn't as bad as everyone was making it out to be. But, if we can sneak up on people im all for it! :)

iJoe

Rotation player
Lots of potential but its not gonna be that easy for Melo and Amare to coexist. Just watch Lebron and Dwade on the floor together. They still end up just taking turns instead of playing off each other.

You make a great point about our shooters stretching the floor however. I'm mostly concerned with our Defense. We have no big whatsoever now. Turiaf is a serviceable bench guy, but too injury prone and small to handle the load full time. The center position is gonna make or break us.

Melo concerns me because if you watched the Nugs, you'd see how the ball immediately stoped moving and everyone just stood like a statue whenever Melo got hold of the ball.

Dantoni is gonna have a very tough job with a TON of pressure. Getting those two to not play ISO ball is gonna be painstaking, but well worth it. Its make or break time Dantoni. Either way theres gonna be a lot of hype for the next few games.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Crazy⑧s;160628 said:
??????????????????

Either trade works or D'ant is first to go. If you dislike D'ant that would be a potential silver lining. I had to read 3 times to get what he meant...lol.

Crazy⑧s;160628 said:
??????????????????

crazy read the rest of that section

i even say confused

explanation

lol

I explained it right after in that

some of us want Mike D to go

and some of us want Mike D to stay and believe he only fails because he doesnt have the stars

now there is no differential he has two stars and a team

so the heat is on

hence why i said read twice to avoid confusion

lol

much love though brother.

iSaYughh

Starter
Smh hard at comparison to M?A big3....Put in assists, rebounds, blocks, steals, shooting%.

A simplified breakdown is that Wade and Lebr?n spank Melo and Billups and are in a nother stratosphere!

Still, had me till that comparison hype...im more hopeful. Landry really needs to step it up like he has done all year.

A solidified, legit 6th man stud (gallo)...pg addition...C addition (moz)...and ill truly buy into us as a contender.

Melo is sensational and prolly underated,.so dont wanna bitch too much. It will be a pleasure getting to watch him as a knick. I just pray cba not too harsh, and walsh stays and truly has the reigns to.himself.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW, lets not pretend like this roster is close to complete. 2 stars is amazing to build around but a contender they do not make. If anything this should give D'ant time because we will not really be expected to compete untill we round out the roster.

Red

TYPE-A
1) Landry Fields pushed his way slowly into becoming a legitimate perimeter threat over the last few weeks of the season, especially down the stretch, please regard me while I provide some provocation for that statement.
He is currently shooting 40 percent from three point range, while Danilo and Chandler who took up the bulk of our perimeter shots as well as scoring load shot 35 percent respectfully. Fields will improve drastically with more open looks as well as more week side finishes, as well as week side rebounds which he seems to specialize in ( hence his amazing put backs atleast once a game ), No one will pay attention to him while all the focus is on amare and melo.

2) Our role players are now our role players. Meaning in this sytem Walker shooting 42 percent from three, Williams shooting 48 percent from three, billups shooting 45 percent from three, along with fields shooting 40 percent from three, gives us one of the most potent three point shooting teams in the entire NBA. Every open shot that Gallo would air ball, that chandler would hit 3 in a row then miss 7 in a row, will be divided up between 4-5 legitimate knock down three point shooters.

3) Amare and Melo can play together, Just watch this offense in how many open looks mozgof recieved by Amare catching the ball and running pick and rolls at the top of the elbow. Melo will easily take the ball where Amare has been forced to get it, leaving Amare coming in from the weak side of the paint, as well as curling off turiaf screens towards the key while teams try to figure out how to keep Melo from getting the basket, all the while ( back to FACTOR number 2) 3 knock down shooters wait in the wings for wide open threes when every player on the opposing team is drawn into the lane, and if Amare doesnt catch the ball under the basket, or the key, then fields will be slashing right behind him, giving another wing player the responsibility of running after fields, while deciding whether to double down on Melo. Its priceless.

4) Mike Dantoni has made Gallinari, Chandler, Felton better than they really are and the proof is in the pudding, similar to Boris Diaws explosion in Amare's absence a few years ago, the aforementioned traded players all were products of a system that in truth gallo and chandler under achieved in, and felton over achieved in. Point....Carmelo, Amare and Billups all have proven they dont need Dantonis system to dominate and win in this league, something Mike DAntoni has not been afforded the opportunity to coach since he took over the bench for the Knickerbockers 2 and a half seasons ago. Amare, Billups and Melo will be in auto drive regardless of Mikes system, the ones who will benefit are the slashing young shooters coming off the bench running in circles while Amare Billips and Melo pick and pop and rolls and drop and curls until the cows come home.

5) We will either get what we want, or get what we want with this trade.

Confused.

explanation

If Mike Dantoni is a real coach, he will realize everything I just said and make it work to the best of its potential, if he is a terrible coach, we will under acheive and play well beneath the potential of two stars. Amare and Melo will struggle, Billups will look lost, and the bench players will fade to the back ground due to lack of open looks. SO all the debates over Mike Dantoni will be solved in this; with two stars, four 40 plus percentage three point threats, a veteran savy defensive facilitator point guard we should flourish, if we dont, then we can finally have proof Mike D is a failure as a coach, but if they excel, and push to the second round or further; then Mike D is worth the price of admission.

Extra FACTOR

Melo 25 ppg - Lebron 26 ppg
Amare 26 ppg - Bosh 18 ppg
Billups 16 ppg - Wade 25 ppg

Role players

Rony Turiaf - Joel Anthony
Douglas - Arroyo
Walker - Chalmers
Big Z - Sheldon williams
S Williams - Miller
J.Jones - Brewer

You may want to read this post twice, just to understand the break down of how truly good we are going to be.

Any questions ??

Without a legit Bigman Center I look forward to further exploitation down low.
Lack of Size @ the Five (that rhymed) = Porous Defense and inadequate rebounds.

The MDA debate will rage on as we begin to notice (or realize) again we have no valid size, nor formidable game plan to get consistent stops on D.

Many will be doubted and blamed, my guess is Billups and or Melo, as some will find the opportunity to point out their weak points; of course never really subscribing to the proven theory of a quality big or bust.

That said, really we could thrive and go on a streak just off adrenaline, but over time, especially come playoffs without a valid big it's just a matter of time.

Our inside is weak and will be exploited, Melo or not.

iJoe

Rotation player
Without a legit Bigman Center I look forward to further exploitation down low.
Lack of Size @ the Five (that rhymed) = Porous Defense and inadequate rebounds.

The MDA debate will rage on as we begin to notice (or realize) again we have no valid size, nor formidable game plan to get consistent stops on D.

Many will be doubted and blamed, my guess is Billups and or Melo, as some will find the opportunity to point out their weak points; of course never really subscribing to the proven theory of a quality big or bust.

That said, really we could thrive and go on a streak just off adrenaline, but over time, especially come playoffs without a valid big it's just a matter of time.

Our inside is weak and will be exploited, Melo or not.

Agreed. A big man who can erase the many defensive mistakes should be the top priority. Earl Barron btw is not the answer.

la2ny

Starter
We need a Dalembert,Camby, or Diop deal done already.

Also im hearing that the salary cap if it becomes a hard cap will most likely go up! :peace::thumbsup: Somewhere near the Luxury tax threshold at or around 70 million.

We need a Dalembert,Camby, or Diop deal done already.

Also im hearing that the salary cap if it becomes a hard cap will most likely go up! :peace::thumbsup: Somewhere near the Luxury tax threshold at or around 70 million.

I have been saying consistently in many threads that a shot blocking big man and another distributor off the bench is all that we need, its all we needed to really plug the needs since day one before the trade. But the point of the post i.e. thread, factors was to show how dangerous we are going to be with out those 2 needs. Because realistically

we have the 4th best shot blocker in the league

and an experience pg who can guard both the 1 and 2

with a back up pg who plays hard defense.

SOoo
with that being
said

I think we do match up well against teams like the heat and etc.

the celtics

and lakers are the only two teams with that advanced size that I worry about

but I truly believe based on my factors that we can compete with any other team in the league

we are no longer an easy first round out

tiger0330

Legend
Just have a little patience. It took Miami 20 games to get it together and they had a preseason and probably practiced in the summer as well.

We only have 28 left and practices are limited during the season, one good thing is Chauncey and Melo have been playing together for a while but if after 10 games the Knicks are 5-5 don't freak out.

Just need to peak in April and go into the playoffs with a head of steam.