Hawks got Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong - they're definitely scared of the Knicks

iJoe

Rotation player
The Atlanta Hawks have agreed in principle to acquire Washington Wizards guard Kirk Hinrich(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Hawks will receive Hinrich and center Hilton Armstrong(notes) from the Wizards for point guard Mike Bibby(notes), forward Maurice Evans(notes), guard Jordan Crawford(notes) and a first-round draft pick.

Damn... thats a great great move for the Hawks. Hinrich is gonna help enormously vs the nonexistent defense of Bibby. Armstrong give them a backup big man.

Its gonna be hard to catch up, but this should be a really fun second half for the season.

STAT1

Starter
Damn... thats a great great move for the Hawks. Hinrich is gonna help enormously vs the nonexistent defense of Bibby. Armstrong give them a backup big man.

Its gonna be hard to catch up, but this should be a really fun second half for the season.

I think it makes them worse. Bibby is a big shot maker, especially in the clutch. Defensively it improves them some but they will miss Bibby in the playoffs IMO.

KingCharles34

All Star
Yea i just posted about it in another thread but it does deserve its own thread....we got the Hawks shook. They startin to lose their feathers :gony:

The Hawks just traded Bibby, Maurice Evans, and Jordan Crawford for Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong. I think their worried about the Knicks catchin them. Its a good move for the Hawks, Hinrich is a very underrated point guard and the grimiest white dude in the nba. But I believe the knicks have surpassed the Hawks

Billups > Hinrich
Johnson > Fields
Melo > Marvin Williams
Amare > Josh Smith
Horford > Turiaf

Toney Douglas, Shawne Williams, Bill Walker > Crawford, Jeff Teague, Damien Wilkins, Zaza Pachulia