Doin' time.

NYKnicks15

Starter
The trade has been made and we've won our first game with Carmelo on the squad. Solid game and hopefully only gets better in time. As I sit by the phone, computer and television hoping to hear another trade to come NY's way regarding a backup big (even though one can be had in offseason or in Jerome Jordan coming overseas).. at this point with what we have.. what should our rotation be?

I know with Mike as coach and the trade only coming three days ago we played a very small rotation of 8. but playing Landry at 43 minutes and Carmelo, Amare and Chauncey all slightly less is not going to work the remainder of the year.

Toney playing behind Chauncey playing good minutes is fine. but it'd be nice to see Renaldo and perhaps Corey brewer implemented into the rotation asap.

If you were Coach how many players would you open up your rotation to? and how would you disperse those said minutes?

la2ny

Starter
Open it up to a 10 man rotation:

Billups:28/Douglas:20
Fields:30/Walker:18
Melo:35/Brewer:13
Stat:33/Williams:15
Turiaf:29/Williams:19

Regarding a big man we do have Masons' 1.4 mill to use and Azubuike's 3+ mill.

STAT1

Starter
I think a 9 man rotation is reasonable. I would switch Brewer or Walker according to matchups & how the game is flowing or just playing the hot hand.

C - Turiaf 25 min / STAT 10 min / Shelden 13 min
PF - STAT 25 min / Melo 10 min / Shawne 13 min
SF - Melo 25 min / Shawne 10 min / Brewer or Walker 13 min
SG - Fields 32 min / Brewer or Walker 6 min / Douglas 10 min
PG - Billups 33 min / Douglas 15 min

Total minutes per player:

STAT - 35
Melo - 35
Billups - 33
Fields - 32
Turiaf - 25
Douglas - 25