Barron center of Knicks attention

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Well the Knicks definatley need atleast 1 more big for the rest of this season, showing a weakness inside last night against the Bucks. If they can grab someone who can rebound and play some D down low, they may be able to make some noise in the playoffs this year. Possibly even winning a series for the first time in forever.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
The quicker we can sign him, the quicker we can get him into the rotation. We need BIGS in the playoffs and if not him then look into someone else. But we need a BIG now...

finestrg

Rotation player
I would like to see us do one of the following two things:

(1) Buy out Azu & Mason Jr (no need to keep either now that we have Corey Brewer) and sign 2 D-League all-stars: C Marcus Cousin & PF Jeff Adrien. Cousin is big (6'11" 255) and skilled -- he can score the ball (very good mid-range jumpshooter) and he can also run the floor and compete on the glass for rebounds..Speaking of rebounding, Adrien's the top rebounder in the DL plus his offense has come a long way since U-Conn (not that it was ever terrible)..I'd love to add these two on the cheap and go to war..TOGETHER, they would both address EXACTLY what we're lacking in a big way, namely 2-way production at center and rebounding..Who knows if they came in and played well maybe we could ink them up on the cheap long-term.

(2) Sign Troy Murphy if & when Golden State buys him out..6'11" 250 or so, dude's always been a good rebounder when healthy and he can shoot the ball well from deep. Won't clog the middle for STAT and co -- he's much more of a perimeter big man on offense..Yet he always managed to get his 10 rebounds a game when he was right.

Please no Jared Jeffries!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pricey

Rotation player
Leon Powe has been released by the Cavs. I wonder if management will look into him. Can rebound and play some defence

STAT1

Starter
I would like to see us do one of the following two things:

(1) Buy out Azu & Mason Jr (no need to keep either now that we have Corey Brewer) and sign 2 D-League all-stars: C Marcus Cousin & PF Jeff Adrien. Cousin is big (6'11" 255) and skilled -- he can score the ball (very good mid-range jumpshooter) and he can also run the floor and compete on the glass for rebounds..Speaking of rebounding, Adrien's the top rebounder in the DL plus his offense has come a long way since U-Conn (not that it was ever terrible)..I'd love to add these two on the cheap and go to war..TOGETHER, they would both address EXACTLY what we're lacking in a big way, namely 2-way production at center and rebounding..Who knows if they came in and played well maybe we could ink them up on the cheap long-term.

(2) Sign Troy Murphy if & when Golden State buys him out..6'11" 250 or so, dude's always been a good rebounder when healthy and he can shoot the ball well from deep. Won't clog the middle for STAT and co -- he's much more of a perimeter big man on offense..Yet he always managed to get his 10 rebounds a game when he was right.

Please no Jared Jeffries!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up my brotha! Glad to see you posting on these forums. Good to see a familiar face.

TOTALLY agree with everything you just said, especially the part about Jeff Adrien. We both think he could add some much needed toughness to our bench. JYD part deux!

Interesting pick of Marcus Cousin. First time I'm hearing about him. Any scouting reports you got on the guy?

la2ny

Starter
What's up my brotha! Glad to see you posting on these forums. Good to see a familiar face.

TOTALLY agree with everything you just said, especially the part about Jeff Adrien. We both think he could add some much needed toughness to our bench. JYD part deux!

Interesting pick of Marcus Cousin. First time I'm hearing about him. Any scouting reports you got on the guy?
Jeff Adrien just got signed to play in GS again

STAT1

Starter
Jeff Adrien just got signed to play in GS again

Well that sucks.

orig-10027511.jpg

finestrg

Rotation player

What up big dog! Good to be here bro..Thanks for letting me know about this site!

Sucks to hear about Adrien, huh? WTF..Golden State strikes again. They have to lead the league in worthwhile DL callups--just add Adrien to their ever-growing list. It would appear they beat us to him although I'm having trouble confirming he's going back to the Warriors..Nothing on the Warriors team website, nothing on the NBDL site, nothing about it on the ESPN Warriors forum..la2ny, where are you hearing Adrien resigned with GS bro? You got a link for us?

On Cousin, first time I saw this dude play was back in January during the D-League Showcase that was being televised on the NBA channel. Managed to catch the Austin Toros back then and I just saw Cousin play last weekend in the NBDL all-star game. I came away very impressed..Dude's a good player..Nice size, good athleticism, and fundementally sound---what stands out the most is his ability to drain mid-range jumpers like water..EXCELLENT touch from 15-20 feet for a guy that big. Plus he rebounds the ball & competes hard around the rim on both ends. Hits his FTs too..He was a 4-year player for the Houston Cougars but I honestly don't remember him in college (anytime I tuned in to watch Houston I guess I just had tunnel vision on Aubrey Coleman, trying to see what he was all about). There's a few good clips on youtube of Cousin doing his thing -- as soon as i figure out how to post clips here I'll put them up.

I really wanted Cousin AND Adrien. You know me, I get worked up over things that have zero chance of happening---we're probably not interested in DL players at all.. Guaranteed Donnie and Mike have no idea who this guy is, even though they should..It's their job to know about these players..

Anyway, just reading on hoopshype that Jared Jeffries is a strong possibility to be signed by NY after his buy out (say it ain't so, this dude sucks) and also that the Knicks are confident a buyout can be reached with Jerome Jordan's Serbian team so it looks like we might be thinking about bringing him back over to the states this year...As raw as Jordan is, I'd take him over Jeffries, that's what I think of Jeffries..What's up with the Warriors and Troy Murphy? They buying him out or what? Murphy's a guy I'd scoop up right away if GS cuts him loose & he's healthy. Guy used to be a double-double threat every night. He actually wouldn't be a bad option at center for us. At least Murphy's got some good skills to hang his hat on -- outside shooting and rebounding..Jeffries, meanwhile, bring so little to the party.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Marcus Cousin highlights:

The public address guy in the Portsmouth clip is a moron -- dude's name is pronounced CU-ZON not Cousin..LOL.

STAT1

Starter
What up big dog! Good to be here bro..Thanks for letting me know about this site!

My pleasure. Seems like a good group of guys here. Glad you could join.

Sucks to hear about Adrien, huh? WTF..Golden State strikes again. They have to lead the league in worthwhile DL callups--just add Adrien to their ever-growing list. It would appear they beat us to him although I'm having trouble confirming he's going back to the Warriors..Nothing on the Warriors team website, nothing on the NBDL site, nothing about it on the ESPN Warriors forum..la2ny, where are you hearing Adrien resigned with GS bro? You got a link for us?
Just found the article. Too bad, this guy would have made a perfect bench player for this team. Dude is intense & plays with a lot of anger, I love that type of player.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/24/warriors-re-sign-jeff-adrien-from-nba-d-league-following-trade-d/

On Cousin, first time I saw this dude play was back in January during the D-League Showcase that was being televised on the NBA channel. Managed to catch the Austin Toros back then and I just saw Cousin play last weekend in the NBDL all-star game. I came away very impressed..Dude's a good player..Nice size, good athleticism, and fundementally sound---what stands out the most is his ability to drain mid-range jumpers like water..EXCELLENT touch from 15-20 feet for a guy that big. Plus he rebounds the ball & competes hard around the rim on both ends. Hits his FTs too..He was a 4-year player for the Houston Cougars but I honestly don't remember him in college (anytime I tuned in to watch Houston I guess I just had tunnel vision on Aubrey Coleman, trying to see what he was all about). There's a few good clips on youtube of Cousin doing his thing -- as soon as i figure out how to post clips here I'll put them up.
Was just about to compare his skillset to Jordan Hill while watching those YouTube highlights, ironically he's having his way with Jordan in that 2nd clip.

Anyway, just reading on hoopshype that Jared Jeffries is a strong possibility to be signed by NY after his buy out (say it ain't so, this dude sucks) and also that the Knicks are confident a buyout can be reached with Jerome Jordan's Serbian team so it looks like we might be thinking about bringing him back over to the states this year...As raw as Jordan is, I'd take him over Jeffries, that's what I think of Jeffries..
You know MDA, he's in love with the guy. I would much prefer a more physical presence in the paint, not a guy like Jeffries he gets pushed around easily inside & he's got about the ugliest J i've ever seen. He hustles, I'll give him that much, but I woulda preferred we go after a nastier player inside.

What's up with the Warriors and Troy Murphy? They buying him out or what? Murphy's a guy I'd scoop up right away if GS cuts him loose & he's healthy. Guy used to be a double-double threat every night. He actually wouldn't be a bad option at center for us. At least Murphy's got some good skills to hang his hat on -- outside shooting and rebounding..Jeffries, meanwhile, bring so little to the party.
Last I heard he was going to be bought out & probably join up with the Celtics, I think that's why they made that Luke Harangody trade to clear roster slots. I think he'd add some good rebounding & shooting but he's gotta be real rusty by now, no? MDA would jizz his pants if we got him though. ;)

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Jeffries rebounds decently (and will probably be better than he was the first time around because David Lee was hogging all the boards back then) and plays defense.

We need all the rebounding and defense we can get, especially since we only have 2 people on our roster taller than 6'10.

STAT1

Starter
Jeffries rebounds decently (and will probably be better than he was the first time around because David Lee was hogging all the boards back then) and plays defense.

We need all the rebounding and defense we can get, especially since we only have 2 people on our roster taller than 6'10.

I don't have a problem w/Jeffries on a minimum contract, he can serve a purpose. What I object to is MDA's unnatural fascination with playing this guy big minutes. If he's coming in to fill a minor role off the bench I got no problems w/bringing him back, but I have a problem he'll be taking minutes away from other guys who might otherwise have been getting run in the rotation. My guess is Corey Brewer is probably the odd man out now, which is a shame I would have liked to see him get a shot to see what he could bring to the formula.

finestrg

Rotation player
My pleasure. Seems like a good group of guys here. Glad you could join.

Just found the article. Too bad, this guy would have made a perfect bench player for this team. Dude is intense & plays with a lot of anger, I love that type of player.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/24/warriors-re-sign-jeff-adrien-from-nba-d-league-following-trade-d/

Sounds like a nice prospect at that. Was just about to compare his skillset to Jordan Hill while watching those YouTube highlights, ironically he's having his way with Jordan in that 2nd clip.

You know MDA, he's in love with the guy. I would much prefer a more physical presence in the paint, not a guy like Jeffries he gets pushed around easily inside & he's got about the ugliest J i've ever seen. He hustles, I'll give him that much, but I woulda preferred we go after a nastier player inside.

Last I heard he was going to be bought out & probably join up with the Celtics, I think that's why they made that Luke Harangody trade to clear roster slots. I think he'd add some good rebounding & shooting but he's gotta be real rusty by now, no? MDA would jizz his pants if we got him though. ;)

Man, ya gotta love this whole Adrien/Murphy situation huh? The two are very much intertwined here: GS trades for Murphy then plans to waive him in order to make room for Jeff Adrien, Boston gets a very serviceable player in Murphy, we get neither but pick up....wait for it....wait for it...Jared Jeffries?!?!! WTF is that man?? What's the infatuation with this guy by D'Antoni anyway? THE GUY SUCKS!!! To lose out on a very promising, tough, up & coming rebounder like Jeff Adrien & a pretty skilled vet like Murphy (both of whom would address the rebounding problem in a big way) and instead focus in on the useless Jeffries is disappointing to say the least..Dude's not even a step up from Ronny Turiaf brah. Why waste the time?? I love Donnie but why is it that I feel like we're always a step behind when it comes to evaluating and executing smaller moves like these? I feel like they're always looking in the wrong place when it comes to minor/secondary moves..Or not looking hard enough...At this point I'm just praying for Earl Barron...I'd much rather have a younger talent we could possibly move forward with on the cheap like Marcus Cousin, but I know that won't happen...He's better than Barron with much higher upside, I think anyway, but Barron wouldn't be terrible..Dude's had success here before..At least Barron's a legit center that can rebound the ball and play big a little bit..

Just to touch on Boston, it appears they're on the verge of getting Murphy AND they just called up 6'11" C Chris Johnson from the D-League (who was in the lineup and actually contributed last night in Denver----The Celts are a championship level squad -- Ainge & Doc deserve a lot of credit for picking up a guy like Chris Johnson and actually getting him in the lineup)..See now I think that was a good move...Cousin, Johnson and Courtney Sims were the 3 best centers in the NBDL by far -- Boston just adds one of those + Troy Murphy..Very nice additions right there and like I said, that team WAS ALREADY championship caliber..See that's thinking a few steps ahead..You get the feeling we just aren't nearly as aggressive and don't think outside the box nearly as much as some of these other teams around the league. I don't know if that's Donnie being asleep at the wheel, Donnie not being informed of all the possibilities at hand by his staff (Walsh has had his mind on a lot of things lately, no doubt about it--he needs help from his staff. If I worked for the scouting dept. that monitors the D-League, college ball, European ball, etc.., I'd been in Donnie's office daily, multiple times a day in fact, telling him about any and all players out there that could help and enhance the lineup), D'Antoni's ignorance or refusal to even entertain the idea of looking at secondary guys like DL players that he may not be familiar with, I dunno...Tough pill to swallow as a fan knowing our current situation with the roster and the cap moving forward and knowing that there's some really nice talent in the DL that can immediately fill needs...Alas, we don't appear to be open to the possibilities or at least ALL the possibilities available to us..

I've been pushing a Cousin signing over at UK for over a week --- yesterday I made the same exact comparison with him bro -- dude really does reminds me of Jordan Hill, maybe Al Horford lite (looks like Cousin's Cougar team may have beat the Wildcats in that clip too & on the road)..I'd go get this kid right now..You know someone else will...In preseason, the Spurs had Cousin in training camp -- supposedly they convinced him to go down to their affiliate, the Austin Toros, to work on his game...Now they don't have ownership of his rights as far as I know, but I betcha he'd give them first crack if they showed any interest..That's unless a more desperate team comes along and offers him a nice contract + more (regular PT, perhaps a starting role, etc. We could provide that). Again, you know we would never even think about going about something like this...Way too outside the lines for us..:bitch:

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
Yeah I think Adrien would have been a better get than Jeffries by far, but nothing we can do but hope MDA doesn't plan on running Jeffries out on the floor for 25+ every night, pretty much like playing 4 on 5 on offense. I gotta admit I'm a little disappointed Patrick Ewing Jr. didn't get a shot either, he's having a good year in the D Leagues from what I gather. I know we're stacked with wings right now so there's just no spot for him in the rotation. Would be awesome if he got a shot with Orlando so his dad can coach him.