Is it to early to start a draft thread?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we can't get Kemba Walker or Jimmer Fredette...

We could also use a big man but i don't think there are any good ones in this draft

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
All the bigs are projects, this kid could be the second coming of Ben Wallace with a motor. Latest ESPN Mock had both Jimmer and Kemba gone in the lottery. I'd love to get one of them but it seems unlikely unless something drastic happens.

moneyg

Starter
The official 'DRAFT KENNETH FARIED' thread

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kenneth-faried

i think this guy would fit right in with what we need...

if we cant get a point guard... i think this guy is the real deal....

morehead_65.gif
35 - Kenneth Faried

Morehead St.

kenneth-faried-hd.jpg
  • Birthday: 11/19/89
  • NBA Position: Power Forward
  • Class: Senior
  • Ht: 6-8
  • Wt: 225
  • Hometown: Newark, NJ
  • High School: Technology

• 2011 Mock: 19
Big Board: 21

NBA Comparison: Louis Amundson

Strengths: High energy post player who excels at doing the dirty work, in particular rebounding, defending and banging in the post ... Plays with exuberance and aggressiveness ... An above average, fluid athlete who is willing to sacrifice his body ... Huge hands help him to secure rebounds. Athletic body ... An excellent run/jump athlete with explosive leaping ability ... His long arms and explosiveness help to compensate for his lack of ideal size ... One of the most dominant interior forces on the college level, leads the nation in rebounds at 13.3 rpg ... A good shot blocker with timing and instincts ... Also extremely active defensively - leading the OVC in steals at 2.3 per game, very impressive for a bigman ... Offensive game has shown solid improvement ... His lack of versatility and offense actually makes him a stronger role player as he focuses most of his time and energy on improving his rebounding, defense and post play ... Has a great feel for positioning and using his length and quickness to gather rebounds ... An excellent out of area rebounder ... Competes hard, seems to have tireless energy ... Has a developing jump hook shot that he has added to his repertoire ...

Weaknesses: Undersized both in height (6'8) and weight (225 lbs) to play the 4 position at the NBA level ... Has to overcome the disadvantages of playing at Morehead, Kentucky in a smaller (Ohio Valley) Conference ... Scouts are less likely to give credence to standout stats against lesser opponents ... Needs to further develop his post skills. His moves are too predictable even against lesser competition ... Lacks any real face the basket skills. Touch and consistency are not great. Scores mostly on put backs and buckets where he gains deep position in the paint, or is able to outclass opponents with his athleticism ... A poor free throw shooter at below 60% throughout his college career. Doesn't have terrible form, but needs to focus and improve his routine some ... Passing and vision are limited. Needs to decrease turnovers. Gets far too many giveaways for someone that doesn't really use the bounce to set up baskets nor look to create offense for others ... Average at finishing non-dunks around the basket ...

Notes: Declared early but withdrew from the 2010 NBA draft ... Considered a possible late first round pick by scouts for the 2011 NBA draft ... The recent success of undersized power forwards (Millsap, Blair, Maxiell, etc) helps his cause ... Has drawn comparisons to Dennis Rodman and had a chance to speak with his idol who advised him to approach every rebound as if it were his ...

Aran Smith 1/22/11

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
IF we cant get a point guard, then by all means I will be on board with drafting Faried.

I also realize it would take time and patience, along with good coaching before he would contribute, but IMO it would be a gamble worth taking.

He would be a great addition to our team.He's a great defender and can get us some rebounds and is not bad at scoring.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="15">Season Averages</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left" width="10%">SEASON</td> <td>TEAM</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>PTS</td> <td>REB</td> <td>AST</td> <td>TO</td> <td>A/T</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>PF</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>PPS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2007-2008</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>20.2</td> <td>10.5</td> <td>8.0</td> <td>.3</td> <td>1.6</td> <td>.19</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>.8</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>.516</td> <td>.580</td> <td>.000</td> <td>1.23</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008-2009</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>30.1</td> <td>13.9</td> <td>13.0</td> <td>1.4</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>.65</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>2.9</td> <td>.556</td> <td>.577</td> <td>.400</td> <td>1.43</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2009-2010</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>30.3</td> <td>16.9</td> <td>13.0</td> <td>.5</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>.23</td> <td>1.6</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>3.3</td> <td>.564</td> <td>.595</td> <td>.250</td> <td>1.49</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2010-2011</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>34.5</td> <td>17.6</td> <td>14.3</td> <td>1.1</td> <td>2.7</td> <td>.41</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>2.1</td> <td>3.1</td> <td>.637</td> <td>.566</td> <td>.000</td> <td>1.65</td></tr></tbody></table>

I have my hopes to high on either Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan during the offseason. He sounds like a player who can play defense, block shots & rebound, I like the idea od adding him to the bench & allowing hin to develope; but we have a team that can compete rigbt now, I don't wanna wait for a project to come around 2-3 years down the road. We need a starting Center who can make an impact right now.

JohnBoy11

Banned
I have my hopes to high on either Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan during the offseason. He sounds like a player who can play defense, block shots & rebound, I like the idea od adding him to the bench & allowing hin to develope; but we have a team that can compete rigbt now, I don't wanna wait for a project to come around 2-3 years down the road. We need a starting Center who can make an impact right now.

But dude what about Ricky Rubio??? He's like #1 PG in international playy, he needs to be on the Knicks even for almost MAX. Like that PhillY Stackz right der.

BTW are you a dolphin fan by any chance? If it not a former Jet? Lolz

But dude what about Ricky Rubio??? He's like #1 PG in international playy, he needs to be on the Knicks even for almost MAX. Like that PhillY Stackz right der.

BTW are you a dolphin fan by any chance? If it not a former Jet? Lolz

Ricky is probably averaging 20-12 overseas, so this is a good idea.

Rubio is the next Steve Nash except bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

JohnBoy11

Banned
Ricky is probably averaging 20-12 overseas, so this is a good idea.

Rubio is the next Steve Nash except bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

Id say more like 22 and 11 but good analysis.

He is a better Nash, more MVP material. Him and Fields are the next Stockton and Malone. WITH AMAREEEE AND MELOOO. Dude thats so exciting.

Any chance Howard wants to play for the Knicks too?

Rubi0o0o
Fields
Melo
Amare
Howard? We'll have the cap and franchise tag for next season. Just watch!

Id say more like 22 and 11 but good analysis.

He is a better Nash, more MVP material. Him and Fields are the next Stockton and Malone. WITH AMAREEEE AND MELOOO. Dude thats so exciting.

Any chance Howard wants to play for the Knicks too?

Rubi0o0o
Fields
Melo
Amare
Howard? We'll have the cap and franchise tag for next season. Just watch!

It's definitely possible.

I'm willing to bet Vanilla Ice's vocal cords that Howard would take less money so we could afford Rubio's max contract.

JohnBoy11

Banned
It's definitely possible.

I'm willing to bet Vanilla Ice's vocal cords that Howard would take less money so we could afford Rubio's max contract.

Im willing to bet the best Rapper Alive PStackz from ST. Pete my hometown! that Rubio will make only 4 mill less then Howard. They want to play together its obvious. EIther Howard or Gasol.

We are going to have 3 top 10 players! thats nuts! :beer:

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Im willing to bet the best Rapper Alive PStackz from ST. Pete my hometown! that Rubio will make only 4 mill less then Howard. They want to play together its obvious. EIther Howard or Gasol

Im sorry, but are you serious with this rubio stuff???