Powe Waived by the Cavs

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This could be a huge pick up for us if we can get him.

I have a feeling though hes taking his Talents to Boston

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

Yeah he would be a great pick up for us, but like you said I would be surprised if he isnt a Celtic within the next day or two. The Celtics opened up a couple roster spots (2 by trading with Powe's former team, the Cavs) for a reason, they will be getting a big or two very soon.

finestrg

Rotation player

Good call Oak...Like Troy Murphy, here's another guy I'd much prefer the Knicks pursue over Jared Jeffries, provided Powe's healthy. Not that D Lee was ever some great defender, but I remember Lee having all sorts of trouble trying to guard Powe in the post..It always looked like he was too much for him down there. Dude's tough; he can play.

What's his health status? Is he 100% or close to it?

Unbelieveable about Boston -- Team's ALREADY championship level yet they go out and grab one of the best D-League centers available in Chris Johnson (credit to Danny Ainge for getting him and Doc Rivers for actually playing him --- if Donnie ever made this move, Mike would have him sitting there collecting dust), and also plan on adding Troy Murphy & Leon Powe while we're on the verge of bringing back Jared Jeffries..Terrific..Good job keeping up with the arms race there fellas.. :td:

All these little smilies are hysterical btw! LOL :thumbsup:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Yea it makes no sense to me. I do not get what is D'antoni's love fest with Jeffries. He's too small to be a true center and really can only guard the 3-1 spots. He gets muscles when he tries to guard the 4 or 5.