Jared Jeffries: To The Rescue

Red

TYPE-A
With the signing of Jared Jeffries imminent, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said the 6-foot-11 swingman would be a welcome addition. Jeffries' buyout with the Rockets became official last night and he was placed on waivers, according to two league sources. The Post reported yesterday the Knicks plan on signing him.
Jeffries won't clear waivers until Tuesday, which accounts for two business days, and he could be ready for Tuesday's game against Dwight Howard and the Magic in Orlando.
"There is always interest in Jared Jeffries," D'Antoni said in Cleveland before the Knicks' 115-109 loss to the Cavaliers. "We need some size, so we'll do what we need to. He's a winner, and he played well with us. He plays defense, and we're looking to play defense."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...jeffries_Nu4IAfhe17d9l33HTxZlzO#ixzz1F4B1rXB4

The Giraffe is coming back.

As long as he focuses on JUST playing defense and rebounding I'm all for it I guess.. I'd rather not suffer through seeing him trying to create his own shot again..

tiger0330

Legend
KnicksChick is going to freak out. :)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9DxBwQIOKeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

skisloper

Starter
Strongly agree...is it me or are we losing focus here, about bringing a championship team here...Jeffries is decent but 90% of the bigs will bounce him like a pinball

I like Jeffries in the playoffs guarding Wade, Rose or Rondo...
Other then that lets not use him in the conversation of a bigman...

One gust of wind and he will blow away

petescud

Starter
my sentiments exactly...lol...there is a use for him. Maybe they will surprise us and still sign Barron too. DWilliams next year and we are in..

I like Jeffries in the playoffs guarding Wade, Rose or Rondo...
Other then that lets not use him in the conversation of a bigman...

One gust of wind and he will blow away

KingofNy

Starter
We should drop mason and carter.

I agree. There is no way in hell we should drop Azu. He was practically a starter in GS. He could be a valuable asset come playoff time. Check out his stats only playing 24 or so minutes per game in GS. He was providing better numbers than Fields in less minutes. I will be pissed in O'Antoni doesn't play him soon, we need his depth.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg" align="center"><td colspan="4" class="ysptblhdr" align="left" height="18"> Career</td> <td rowspan="7" class="yspwhitebg" nowrap="nowrap" width="1">
</td><td colspan="4" class="ysptblhdr">FG</td><td rowspan="7" class="yspwhitebg" nowrap="nowrap" width="1">
</td><td colspan="4" class="ysptblhdr">3PT</td><td rowspan="7" class="yspwhitebg" nowrap="nowrap" width="1">
</td><td colspan="4" class="ysptblhdr">FT</td><td rowspan="7" class="yspwhitebg" nowrap="nowrap" width="1">
</td><td colspan="4" class="ysptblhdr">Rebounds</td><td rowspan="7" class="yspwhitebg" nowrap="nowrap" width="1">
</td><td colspan="7" class="ysptblhdr">Misc</td> </tr> <style type="text/css">td .ppg { padding-left: 8px; }</style> <tr class="ysptblthbody1" align="right" height="18"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left"> Year</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left">Team</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">G</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Min </td> <td class="yspdetailttl ppg">M</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">A</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Pct</td><td> </td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">M</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">A</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Pct</td><td> </td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">M</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">A</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Pct</td><td> </td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Off</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Def</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Tot</td><td> </td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Ast</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">TO</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Stl</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">Blk</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">PF</td><td class="yspdetailttl ppg">PPG</td><td> </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2006-07</td><td class="yspscores" align="left">GS</td><td class="yspscores">41</td><td class="yspscores">16:18 </td><td class="yspscores">2.4</td><td class="yspscores">5.4</td><td class="yspscores">44.6</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">0.8</td><td class="yspscores">1.9</td><td class="yspscores">43.0</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.5</td><td class="yspscores">1.9</td><td class="yspscores">78.2</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">0.6</td><td class="yspscores">1.7</td><td class="yspscores">2.3</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">0.7</td><td class="yspscores">1.0</td><td class="yspscores">0.5</td><td class="yspscores">0.2</td><td class="yspscores">1.2</td><td class="yspscores">7.1</td><td> </td></tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2007-08</td><td class="yspscores" align="left">GS</td><td class="yspscores">81</td><td class="yspscores">21:23 </td><td class="yspscores">3.2</td><td class="yspscores">7.3</td><td class="yspscores">44.5</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">0.9</td><td class="yspscores">2.4</td><td class="yspscores">36.4</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.2</td><td class="yspscores">1.7</td><td class="yspscores">71.7</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.3</td><td class="yspscores">2.7</td><td class="yspscores">4.0</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">0.9</td><td class="yspscores">0.7</td><td class="yspscores">0.6</td><td class="yspscores">0.4</td><td class="yspscores">2.0</td><td class="yspscores">8.5</td><td> </td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2008-09</td><td class="yspscores" align="left">GS</td><td class="yspscores">74</td><td class="yspscores">32:06 </td><td class="yspscores">5.3</td><td class="yspscores">11.4</td><td class="yspscores">46.4</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.3</td><td class="yspscores">2.8</td><td class="yspscores">44.8</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">2.5</td><td class="yspscores">3.1</td><td class="yspscores">80.8</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.5</td><td class="yspscores">3.5</td><td class="yspscores">5.0</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.6</td><td class="yspscores">1.3</td><td class="yspscores">0.8</td><td class="yspscores">0.7</td><td class="yspscores">2.5</td><td class="yspscores">14.4</td><td> </td></tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2009-10</td><td class="yspscores" align="left">GS</td><td class="yspscores">9</td><td class="yspscores">25:41 </td><td class="yspscores">5.3</td><td class="yspscores">9.8</td><td class="yspscores">54.6</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.1</td><td class="yspscores">3.0</td><td class="yspscores">37.0</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">2.1</td><td class="yspscores">3.1</td><td class="yspscores">67.9</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.3</td><td class="yspscores">3.2</td><td class="yspscores">4.6</td><td> </td><td class="yspscores">1.1</td><td class="yspscores">0.8</td><td class="yspscores">0.6</td><td class="yspscores">1.0</td><td class="yspscores">1.8</td><td class="yspscores">13.9</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

petescud

Starter
Too bad OKC got Perkins and Nazr Mohammad. I would had like Nazr back. Last night against Cleveland of all teams was embarrassing, how easy they took it to the rim. Yeah, STAT got like 4 blocks, but for the most part...looked to easy to me

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all we need this guy is to defend and 'bound were good on the scoring so he all we can expect from him is dunks loll. which is more then enough loll. i'd be lying if i said i wasnt interested to see this dude back loll.