Should Nyk Claim Murphy?

mafra

Legend
Tim Kawakami is reporting that the Warriors have reached a buyout agreement with Troy Murphy, which should allow him to clear waivers and sign with an Eastern Conference team on Tuesday.

He agreed to sign with an East Coast team as part of the buyout, and will choose between the Heat, Celtics and maybe the Magic. He has to sign by Tuesday to be eligible for the playoff roster, which means he won't have much time for a 'flatter me' tour. We will have more details on Monday.

---------

All 3 teams he's thinking about are ahead of us... If we claim TM, he cannot get what he wants, nor could a potential 2nd round opponent add to their roster.

Makes sense to me? Claim Murphy and sign Jeffries. Dump Mason and something else (Balkman)?

la2ny

Starter
im cool with it. Him Jeffries and Barron could give us some good depth.

Release Balkman,Mason,Rautins.

doitnow.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I want to keep Balkman...he played well tonight and against the Cavs...

Why don't we lose Azubuike instead? I mean, it's tough to argue for keeping him when he hasn't played and frankly it might be too much trouble to integrate yet another sharpshooter into our offense. I'd love to see him play if he's able but if we're not playing him then I'd rather us waive him than waive Balkman who's actually played OK for us

mafra

Legend
It just makes too much sense to me... Claiming Troy would only cost a few million, right? 25 percent of his 12 mil contract?

He's the ideal MDA center. He's not too tall and he drains the 3.

Might be the best rebounder on our team the moment he arrives.

Not great on defense, but he would be a 2-headed monster at C (with JJ).

And, best of all, it prevents BOS-MIA-ORL from getting him.

Heck, he would probably start!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah...he's an ideal center for Mike D'Antoni because he can shoot the 3. Not much of a defender but at least he can rebound.

STAT1

Starter
Tim Kawakami is reporting that the Warriors have reached a buyout agreement with Troy Murphy, which should allow him to clear waivers and sign with an Eastern Conference team on Tuesday.

He agreed to sign with an East Coast team as part of the buyout, and will choose between the Heat, Celtics and maybe the Magic. He has to sign by Tuesday to be eligible for the playoff roster, which means he won't have much time for a 'flatter me' tour. We will have more details on Monday.

---------

All 3 teams he's thinking about are ahead of us... If we claim TM, he cannot get what he wants, nor could a potential 2nd round opponent add to their roster.

Makes sense to me? Claim Murphy and sign Jeffries. Dump Mason and something else (Balkman)?

We can't put in a waiver claim on him we don't have the cap space to absorb his contract. He will clear waivers at which point he's free to join any team he wants. I think he'd be an interesting option to help spread the floor & bring some rebounding to the table, but I can see him ending up with the Celtics. They cleared 3 roster spots they must know something's up. I think they're gonna add Leon Powe too.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
But does Murphy want to come to the Knicks? It seems that he wants to got to one of the big 2; Boston or Miami. I know he's a NJ guy but it seems he wants to chase the ring now.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
The only bad thing is that Troy Murphy has ruled out the Knicks according to ChrisMannix's twitter account. Just sign Barron and Jeffries. They know the squad and how MDA works. Still baffled as to why Barron didnt get signed earlier in the year?

Sign JJ and Barron, Release Shelden and Mason. As easy as that.

C-Barron
PF- STAT
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Billups

Bench:

Douglas
Carter
Shawne Williams
Bill Walker
Turiaf
Jeffries
Brewer

Inactives:
Rautins
Azu
Balkman

skisloper

Starter
Do not cut Mason....He has Playoff Experience.
Tony Douglas gets hurt we will need him.
Keep guys who have years of NBA experience they will adapt better to Billups, Amare and Melo....Look how fields is having a tough go at it...

mafra

Legend
The only bad thing is that Troy Murphy has ruled out the Knicks according to ChrisMannix's twitter account. Just sign Barron and Jeffries. They know the squad and how MDA works. Still baffled as to why Barron didnt get signed earlier in the year?

Sign JJ and Barron, Release Shelden and Mason. As easy as that.

C-Barron
PF- STAT
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Billups

Bench:

Douglas
Carter
Shawne Williams
Bill Walker
Turiaf
Jeffries
Brewer

Inactives:
Rautins
Azu
Balkman

Wont matter what he wants if we claim him. That's my point. Why let him clear waivers just so he can go to MIA-BOS, who we'll hopefully face in the 2nd round?

Do not cut Mason....He has Playoff Experience.
Are you serious?Mason is useless.

<table class="statsHeader" width="742" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid" width="738"> Career Playoff Averages
</td> <td width="2">
stats_header_lft.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"> <td class="year">Year</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">06-07</td> <td class="tm">WAS</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>14.0</td> <td>0.438</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>0.833</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.75</td> <td>2.50</td> <td>6.0</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">07-08</td> <td class="tm">WAS</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>21.5</td> <td>0.404</td> <td>0.235</td> <td>0.750</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>1.0</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.33</td> <td>1.83</td> <td>8.0</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">08-09</td> <td class="tm">SAS</td> <td>5</td> <td>3</td> <td>21.6</td> <td>0.375</td> <td>0.368</td> <td>0.667</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>1.6</td> <td>1.6</td> <td>1.8</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.80</td> <td>2.00</td> <td>6.6</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">09-10</td> <td class="tm">SAS</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>10.2</td> <td>0.083</td> <td>0.143</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.33</td> <td>2.00</td> <td>0.5</td></tr></tbody></table>
Playoff experience? If by playoff experience you mean getting swept in the first round of the playoffs then yeah he has plenty of that.