That was biggest win in 10 years...!

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Keeping the score in the low 90's seems to be the sweet spot for the new Knicks...I love seeing Chauncey slow things down and run a more conventional Offensive set.....That run and hoist up a three was a community college offense ...I hope they can watch the film of last nights game and learn from it. Get Big SHot the ball and let him go to work and make the right read....I feel it's a better system then was the rebound and shoot a three in 6 seconds...
Kudo's to the Defense effort as well...seems like alot of off the ball help was happening and rebounding was (as Clyde would say) astounding....
Last night's Miami game was probably the biggest win the Knicks had in 10 years. This can be alot of fun!!!

:beer:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
gmpknick said:
Last night's Miami game was probably the biggest win the Knicks had in 10 years.
Heat @ Knicks 88:90 01.27.2011
Spurs @ Knicks 115:128 01.04.2011
Bulls @ Knicks 95:103 12.25.2010
Knicks @ Bulls 120:112 11.04.2010
Celtics @ Knicks 101:104 04.04.2010
Knicks @ Mavericks 128:94 03.13.2010
Bulls @ Knicks 81:88 12.22.2009

Did you start watching Knicks just last Sunday? ;)

gmpknick

Benchwarmer

Uhmmm, You think those were bigger wins. huh :teeth::teeth::teeth:

The game in Miami, had playoff mojo...
you listed 5 out of 7 home wins...
the Bulls road win was without Booze,
Mav's game was meaningless dribble...

Try again...

miked1958

Rotation player
I get it

I know what you are saying. but i get what he is saying. With this new team, moving forward to where we eventually want to go, that was a huge statement type win last night. Letting them know that they are not going to just be handed the Title because those 3 decided to play together. The Bulls, Celts, Magic, Hawks and now the Knicks will have something to say about that before its all side and done

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I understad what he means, but I would like to remind you guys that every win over the teams like Boston or Chicago in the period when we didn't even dream about getting into the playoffs with our still changing roster was something really big. We were able to beat the contenders like the Celtics even without any superstar on our team and that means something.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I agree that it was a big win and the Knicks played defense. But the Knicks style is NOT to slow down. Its try to score in seven seconds or less. But we?re dealing with a team that was blown up and has new players who are not familiar with the Knicks' style yet. For a breakdown of the reasons we won, please read my in-depth game analysis on We Love the Knicks blog.

God, I hope Chauncey takes over this team and really slows down the sets. Let's not wear our guys out...

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
I agree that it was a big win and the Knicks played defense. But the Knicks style is NOT to slow down. Its try to score in seven seconds or less. But we?re dealing with a team that was blown up and has new players who are not familiar with the Knicks' style yet. For a breakdown of the reasons we won, please read my in-depth game analysis on We Love the Knicks blog. ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
BTW I think you will also enjoy today's article: "Your 2012 #Knicks: D.Howard, C.Paul, D.Rose, Amar?e & ?Melo!" at http://bit.ly/hHgm6M. Feel free to post your comments there and to follow us on Twitter @WeLoveTheKnicks.<O:p></O:p>

Well, I my opinion, Chauncey is not a run and gun type PG...He's more of a set the offense then drive and kick...I also think Melo's game is more geared for that type of style...I hope D'Ant slows this group down a little...and not have that Gallo/Thrill mentality and hoist it up with 20sec left on the shot clock...I really can't remeber any NBA top team that played and won that way...SHowtime Lakers were fast but it was the break that made that team incredible.....I think we'll see Chauncey run the offense his way...I Hope!:peace:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Chauncey simply has both feet on the ground, he just thinks straight while on court, Raymond was more mindless kind of PG, made a lot of unnecessary rash plays. Billups knows it's sometimes better to slow down and move the ball in a sensible way.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I do sorta agree with this thread. Its the first huge win the Knicks have had with their 2 new stars. They made a statement by simply outplaying what some expected to be a championship team (Miami) at the beginning of the season. These two stars will most likely be here for a while but if we dont make it out the 1st round then this win means nothing. We gotta see how the Knicks play from here to really determine the exact significance of this win

By the way wheres my homie Metrocard been at? I dont think i've seen him on here since before the Melo trade. If your reading Metro, please come back

:gony: