The Jared Jeffries/Center Thread

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Originally was the game thread. Misread that some kid had his name down, slipped my eye. Sorry man I know its sentimental to you.:boohoo: Heres a thread for after this game when Im sure people will complain about our lack of an inner presence.

In reality I hope everyone ends up liking D-Brown and JJ. Well see!

Last edited:
I really like the addition of Jeffires. He may be close to horrible on offense, but when you have an overall top 5 offense under D'antoni, two of the NBA's top 5 scorers in Melo & Amare, a great scoring PG in Billups, to go along with players who can score off the bench such as Shawne Williams, Douglas, Walker etc, etc... JJ's lack of offensive production shouldn't be a concern. Not when JJ brings defense, size & rebounding to a team that lacks all of the above. He also plays with heart.

I could never stand Anthony Mason on offense, but loved him as a player. he was a great rebounder, brick wall on defense & had guts.

Great win for the Knicks tonight. We just showed the ability to bounce back after coming off a bad loss (as we did against the Heat following the Cavs loss). Now it's time to get revenge against the Cavs. Beating a tough NO team by 19+ ended up becoming a statement game without our starting PG. Keeping the Hornets under 90 and holding CP3 to 4 points was unreal. Defense may be back in NY...

NY played tough defense during 3 quarters last night against the Magic & completely fell off the face of the earth during the 4th, but the Knicks just played stout defense two out of 3 games against Miami & now the Hornets.

If defense comes back to New York, come playoff time, there won't be a single team in the league who doesn't fear the thought of having to play the Knicks. Especially with our offensive attack.