Whats your worst moment as a Knick fan?

Figured I'd get this started. Its the opposite of a current thread.

In no particular order.

Clyde getting traded to Cleveland. I'll admit I cried like a little girl.

Bernie's knee injury. Cried again. I actually got a chance to meet King and told him this. LOL.

Charles Smith getting hammered under the rim and no call. Boy was I steamed. For months.

Drafting Kenny Walker. For some reason I knew this was a bad pick. Only problem is that Chuck Person went the pick before the Walker pick...

KingCharles34

All Star
The worst moment to me was the Chris Duhon era. Having to watch that bum attempt to run the point for 2 years was torture

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;164371 said:
Consistent.

For me, it was Olajuwon's block on Starks in the 6th. Tragedy.

And the up 3 games to 1 V Miami in 1997 to eventually lose the series.

Agreed 100%. If Olajuwon doesnt get a finger on that shot we are probably World Champs.

Other notables are the Miller 8 points in 8 seconds....that was just straight horrible. Anytime losing to the Bulls, Pacers or Heat in the playoffs hurt as well.

The trade of Ewing hurt alot, it wasnt right seeing him wearing a Seattle uniform. Basiclly not winning a title in the Ewing, Starks, Oakley years hurts the most, which is why I have the Olajuwon block as the top moment for me.

Pat Ewing out for the 99 Finals and our hopes pretty much gone after the first 2 games in San Antonio.

Spree leaving us in the summer of 2003....that hurt a lot.

Allan Houston having to retire way to early...

McDyess blowing his knee cap in preseason and our hopes to be relevant pretty much gone that day, not making the playoffs in 02-03 because of that.

Larry Brown ruining Marbury as a player and the franchise strolling into mediocrity.

Embarrassing ourselves despite having a decent roster in 07-08, going 23-59 that was awful.

petescud

Starter
Most of mine would be related to loss's in playoffs....Starks blowing the game against the Rockets. Ewing missing the Layup against the Pacers (easily could had dunked it). Charles Smith hammered and no call. I could go on and on.

Another crappy moment for me was heading down at halftime to get Walt Frazier to sign my 10 Clyde jersey, and the security sending me away, cause the game was about to re-start. Took me a while to get there and wait as he was signing. Been a fan of his since we got him

welcometonycity

Rotation player
The worst moment to me was the Chris Duhon era. Having to watch that bum attempt to run the point for 2 years was torture

Agreed, i hate Chris Duhon!!!!!:machinegun:

The Olajuwon block was horrible.:baby:

Watching Ewing go to Seattle was pretty bad too.:td:

The Marbury drama was horrible also.:shrug::couto:

But we past all that now, looking foward to the playoffs and us SMACKINGGGGGGGGG the cavs tonight :teeth::superman:

Crazy⑧s;164388 said:
You mean Spree forcing his way out of here. Left on very bad terms.

The whole drama sorrounding him and his departure hurt. I was a big fan of Spree, he was my favourite Knick beside Allan Houston at that time. After LJ, Camby, Ewing and all the others were already gone the last great team we had broke into pieces and we didn't recover for almost 10 years...

KingCharles34

All Star
I always liked Spree more the Houston. He did the dirty work and played out of position so that H20 could play SG. I always felt like we woulda been a better team if we traded Houston for a bigger small forward and put sprewell at shooting guard. But i have a biased towards playing players at their natural positions, I dont like it when teams play players at the wrong positions but there are very few exceptions with me like Marion at PF with phoenix

jpz17

Starter
worst moment? hmm

that is tough... honestly.. not being able to draft JJ Redick in '06 is up there because I'm a HUGE Dukie fan.

also........ Isiah becoming head coach... and I hated Steve Francis, lol

the WORST moment though was "The Decision"

bertdub

Rookie
Cripes, there is not one worst moment, there are a ton of them lol.. here are my own "personal hell knick moments"

-Everytime we lose to the bulls (god i hated jordan during those years)
-Starks having his shot blocked in game 6 against the rockets (after singlehandedly carrying the team in the 4th)
PJ Brown bodyslamming Ward causing us to lose players due to suspension (i believe that '97 team was the best of the ewing era, better than the '94 eastern conf champ)
-Losing to the pacers after ewing missed a sure layup
-ewing and starks getting traded.. i felt that was an end of an era even though spree and houston gave us good years.
- and of course, the isiah thomas years and everything he did.