Our Road to the Conference Finals

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
The way things are right now we're facing Miami in the first round, if we could win in 6 or 7 then it's off to the second round for a date with the Bulls or Philly(unlikely but quite possible), That's our road to the Conference Finals.

Can We Do It?

I really don't care for threads like this, especially when the Knicks have a chance @ the 5 seed, & you cant predict the playoffs - let alone the playoff seedings with 20 games to go when A) The Celtics, Buls & Hear are all extremely close in the standings for the 1 through 3 seeds and B) The Knicks are extremely close to both the 76ers & Atlanta for the 7th or 5th seed. Not even the Heat are safe from Orlando stealing the 3rd seed. Also, lets not act like a team such as the Hawks, who took Boston to a 7 game series cant pull of an upset during the 1st... Because they can.

I think if we can beat Miami in the 1st, thennget lucky and play The Bulls or Hawks or maybe the 6ers pull an upset an we get them, then we have a chance at getting to the conference finals.

There we would most likely face Boston....who will probley kill us with ther unique mix of Size, Vercatility, Youth, Clutch performers, and Veteran leadership.

PizzaLover

Banned
I think if we can beat Miami in the 1st, thennget lucky and play The Bulls or Hawks or maybe the 6ers pull an upset an we get them, then we have a chance at getting to the conference finals.

There we would most likely face Boston....who will probley kill us with ther unique mix of Size, Vercatility, Youth, Clutch performers, and Veteran leadership.
There's nothing worse than losing to a Boston team. Except maybe a Miami team.

The way it's looking? MIA & NY could actually end up as the 4 & 5 seeds.

Thats if MIA continues to sruggle & NY passes ATL. That would leave BOS as the 1. CHI 2. & ORL 3.

That leaves ATL as the 6, PHI as 7, with an 8th seed that has no chance against BOS.

1st rd (if it plays out like this)

BOS (1) vs 8th seed = BOS.
CHI (2) vs 76ers (7th) = CHI.
ORL (3) vs ATL (6th) = ORL.
MIA (4) vs NY (5) = NYK.

That leaves (1) BOS vs (5) NY.
&
(2) CHI vs (3) ORL.

Bad news for NY. No matter if we finish as the 5 or 6 seeds, chances are we face BOS during the 2nd. The good news is if we beat Boston we could end up in the Finals. We can compete against either CHI or ORL.

Thats why I hope CHI catches BOS for the 1 seed. I like our chances against Chicago alot more in the 2nd when compared to a fresh BOS team. Let BOS & ORL fight during the 2nd.

If BOS beats ORL; I'd much rather see an aging BOS team during the 3rd round...instead of either the 1st or 2nd rounds...

The way it's looking? MIA & NY could actually end up as the 4 & 5 seeds.

Thats if MIA continues to sruggle & NY passes ATL. That would leave BOS as the 1. CHI 2. & ORL 3.

That leaves ATL as the 6, PHI as 7, with an 8th seed that has no chance against BOS.

1st rd (if it plays out like this)

BOS (1) vs 8th seed = BOS.
CHI (2) vs 76ers (7th) = CHI.
ORL (3) vs ATL (6th) = ORL.
MIA (4) vs NY (5) = NYK.

That leaves (1) BOS vs (5) NY.
&
(2) CHI vs (3) ORL.

Bad news for NY. No matter if we finish as the 5 or 6 seeds, chances are we face BOS during the 2nd. The good news is if we beat Boston we could end up in the Finals. We can compete against either CHI or ORL.

Thats why I hope CHI catches BOS for the 1 seed. I like our chances against Chicago alot more in the 2nd when compared to a fresh BOS team. Let BOS & ORL fight during the 2nd.

If BOS beats ORL; I'd much rather see an aging BOS team during the 3rd round...instead of either the 1st or 2nd rounds...

Really?

There's no way Miami continues their downward spiral and ends up as a 4th seed. Even if they did, I'd much rather face any other team than that team in the playoffs.