Knicks can't beat bulls.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Well was hearing on 1050 espn radio how we can't beat bulls and we will get swept..Even though I don't think we would have a good chance in beating them..But I don't think we will get swept.

What I'm asking is, Do any of you think we have a chance against chicago to even make it remotely interesting in a playoff series. If we even make it to the playoffs ? Because alot of people think we will get swept by the bullls because of our crappy inconsistant defense. Thought anyone ? since alot of posters here are pretty smart.:agreed: unlike other sites.

iSaYughh

Starter
We can win, sure.

But not if CHI is riding the current tidal wave it now is,

And we are riding the shit-stained kiddie pool splash we currently are.

It'll be tough tho.

Billups -- Rose in a primetime, clutch playoff matchup would be intense, and could go either way, in what us, IMO, pivotal to us having a legit shot.

Fields and Douglas -- Korver Rotation can swing in our distinct favor.

Melo -- Deng is another big one, where we clearly have the edge, but if Deng puts Melo in a funk...we be ****ed.

STAT -- Boozer we could own, but need Amare to have a playoff series where he isn't getting out boarded by his teams' PG...

Jeffries -- Noah may not be as bad as we think, though we are stuck essentially with our starting 5 giving us 0 points. Brutal.

If our boys don't rebound like pansies, Billups IS Mr. BigShot, Melo doesn't get punked by Deng's D, and Jeffries isn't a total abomination...

We can win. We can penetrate CHI's vaunted d.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think we can give any team in the league a run for it's money with Melo and STAT. We've seen what teams with multiple complementary stars can do, it's devastation against the opposing team (even in a 7 game series.)

But if you're asking if we can get it done with D'Antoni...I don't know. I wouldn't bet on it. But it's possible. The Bulls don't have the offensive firepower to go toe to toe with us...not many teams do, but we'd have to be operating at peak efficiency offensively (I'm not talking about arbitrary formulas and shit created by dudes who were writing a book, I'm talking about tried and true basketball tactics,) and give a damn about defense as a start.

I wouldn't bet on us beating the Bulls in a 7 game series this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened either. We already saw this story of "MVP caliber player and his crew vs a squad with multiple stars" it almost never ends well for the singular star (LBJ, Dirk, Dwight Howard, Wade without Shaq, Kobe without his front court, etc.) So I don't see why it couldn't just be more of the same (even if the Knicks aren't the ones to take down the Bulls, I'm not sold on their offense being as effective in the playoffs by time they get to the Finals.)

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I dont think we would get swept but we probably wouldnt win the series either, more than likely a 6 game series.

Its tough for this Knicks team as in the playoffs you need size and defense to win consistently and we just dont have that right now. Teams with size will attack us down low in the paint and bang our "bigs" around.

We could win a series in the playoffs but thats about as far as we are going to go this year at best. Hopefully we get some damn size in the offseason and go with some true bigs instead of relying on the likes of Jeffries and Turiaf at the 5, then we can start talking about being true contenders in the playoffs.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I dont think we would get swept but we probably wouldnt win the series either, more than likely a 6 game series.

Its tough for this Knicks team as in the playoffs you need size and defense to win consistently and we just dont have that right now. Teams with size will attack us down low in the paint and bang our "bigs" around.

We could win a series in the playoffs but thats about as far as we are going to go this year at best. Hopefully we get some damn size in the offseason and go with some true bigs instead of relying on the likes of Jeffries and Turiaf at the 5, then we can start talking about being true contenders in the playoffs.

I agree Jefferies is a joke I'm sorry..And I think we don't really have a chance against bulls either, Because of their Superior defense Compares to are non existant one, I don't think we'll get swept if we were to actually make it to the playoffs, But bulls are playing better than they did earlier in the season. and plus knicks were 2-0 with the old team..Can't wait till they play them on April with this core, If it's anything like last night.Than it will be a tough, tough night ..lol We need a big guy who can play defense. And we need a coach who preaches defense. how many times are we going to say it. :teeth:

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Yea Michael Kay and Steven A. Smith are hell bent on saying we can't beat the Bulls

You know I actually had the Bulls making the Finals this years, but now I'm convinced we can beat them, There's a reason why the Bulls have to play such great defense it's because they can't outscore anybody so they have to keep the score low. The past two games we've played we shown that they can't contain us(and don't give me that they didn't have Noah or Boozer bullshit, no excuses), especially now that we have Melo.

Here is another piece of information to chew on. Does anybody on that team really scare you or is a nightmare match up for us? Rose is going to get his points fine then who could possibly go off with him? Bogans? Deng? Noah? The only possibility of anyone going off with Rose is Boozer and then again he's a bigger liability on Defense than STAT when he's not injured. Noah can't do shit on offense. Hell we shut them down offensively for 8 minutes. The only person we should worry about is Korver.

Third when the Bulls commit turnovers they beat themselves, look at that Hawks game they choked away, believe me when I say that I liked the Bulls and Rose before their fans and ESPN made him out to be Michael Jordan and their entire team to be the 96 Bulls. Now it's up to somebody to shut them up once and for all and that team has to be the Knicks

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
We can win, sure.

But not if CHI is riding the current tidal wave it now is,

And we are riding the shit-stained kiddie pool splash we currently are.

It'll be tough tho.

Billups -- Rose in a primetime, clutch playoff matchup would be intense, and could go either way, in what us, IMO, pivotal to us having a legit shot.

Fields and Douglas -- Korver Rotation can swing in our distinct favor.

Melo -- Deng is another big one, where we clearly have the edge, but if Deng puts Melo in a funk...we be ****ed.

STAT -- Boozer we could own, but need Amare to have a playoff series where he isn't getting out boarded by his teams' PG...

Jeffries -- Noah may not be as bad as we think, though we are stuck essentially with our starting 5 giving us 0 points. Brutal.

If our boys don't rebound like pansies, Billups IS Mr. BigShot, Melo doesn't get punked by Deng's D, and Jeffries isn't a total abomination...

We can win. We can penetrate CHI's vaunted d.

I'm sorry but that was funny..If we don't rebound like pansies, And Melo dosen't get punked.

Very Funny..But true these guys have to get it together.:peace:

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Yea Michael Kay and Steven A. Smith are hell bent on saying we can't beat the Bulls

You know I actually had the Bulls making the Finals this years, but now I'm convinced we can beat them, There's a reason why the Bulls have to play such great defense it's because they can't outscore anybody so they have to keep the score low. The past two games we've played we shown that they can't contain us(and don't give me that they didn't have Noah or Boozer bullshit, no excuses), especially now that we have Melo.

Here is another piece of information to chew on. Does anybody on that team really scare you or is a nightmare match up for us? Rose is going to get his points fine then who could possibly go off with him? Bogans? Deng? Noah? The only possibility of anyone going off with Rose is Boozer and then again he's a bigger liability on Defense than STAT when he's not injured. Noah can't do shit on offense. Hell we shut them down offensively for 8 minutes. The only person we should worry about is Korver.

Third when the Bulls commit turnovers they beat themselves, look at that Hawks game they choked away, believe me when I say that I liked the Bulls and Rose before their fans and ESPN made him out to be Michael Jordan and their entire team to be the 96 Bulls. Now it's up to somebody to shut them up once and for all and that team has to be the Knicks

Those are some good points as well..I was watching the bulls game the other night against Jazz. And they were honoring the championship bulls of The 90's with MJ and Scottie Pippen. And MJ said that he sees hopefully another 6 titles for bulls franchise..Rose Just looked like " why did he say that ? Wow way to put pressure on, 1 player bascially. You know MJ Being his cocky self..But he walk the walk. something our knicks haven't done yet. It's been all talk and no action for 38 years .:afro:

IMHO the only team we probably couldnt beat in a 7 games series in the east is Orlando.

Boston is old. Melo, STAT & Billups will crush Rondo, KG & Pierce.

Miami if we can contain one of Bron or Wade each game its an easy matchup for us.

Bulls Rose will get his. Somebody else may get theirs in a game or two but we have too much for the Bulls.

The Knicks right now appear to play their best against good/great teams I would guess that will continue come the playoffs. If we can somehow miss Orlando I wouldnt be surprised if we made the finals.

Great thread title. "The Knicks cant beat the Bulls."

I guess it's the 90's all over again. Last I checked; Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Charles Smith, Harper & Riley could never beat the Bulls during the playoffs either.

Only difference? This Bulls team doesn't feature the greatest player of All-Time in MJ (#23) Jordan, a top 50 Hall of Fame player in Pippen (Off the back-board), one of the NBA's greatest rebounders in Rodman, along with one of the greatest coaches of All-Time in Phil Jackson.

I guess we should all stop having hopes for the playoffs. Tune in "next year" maybe? I mean; it's not like we're 2-0 against CHI without both Carmelo & Billups and have been a starting 5 for 11 games (if that).

Congrats Chicago. We cant beat you. 90's all over again? Damn.

smokes

Huge Member
I think what one guy already said is right. We COULD beat any team except Orlando in a playoff series. But really Orlando abusing Dwight down low and kicking out to their ridiculous 3pt threats, plus having a PG like Nelson to abuse us with speed is just too much in a 7 game series, I don't think we have any chance of shutting them down without a 6'10+ 280lb+ guy down low.

It's certainly optimistic but I think we could reach the finals if we got lucky with matchups and played our hearts out. Most likely scenario would be going out in the 2nd round though I would think.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I don't think we would win a series, but we could give them a run for their money. Maybe even push them 7 games. But, we need to be firing on all cylinders.

On a more serious note: If NY can GEL come playoff time; we can advance to the Finals. Especially if we avoid BOS during the 2nd.

Anything can happen with a NY-ORL series. ORL has Howard & a bunch of shooters. But we have Melo, Billups & Amare with some shooters of our own in Fields, Douglas & Billups. Dwight will be impossible to stop, but hey? Maybe Amare, JJ, Turiaf & Shelden play with HEART giving Howard a fight.

Melo & Amare match up great against LeBron & Bosh. Great SF/PF matchups. Both teams lack productive C's. MIA has a HUGE advantage with Wade over Fields; but we close the gap with Billups as a big time advantage over Bibby/Chalmers. Our bench is also much better led by TD.

CHI would be tough. If Billups could compete against Rose as our veteran leader @ the Point...anything is possible. They have Boozer & Noah who can dominate the boards but we can counter with Melo & Amare. Would be a great series.

If we get KG, Pierce, Allen & the aging C's during the Eastern Conf Finals... MDA could run em.

OakTree

Rookie
I'm not even looking past the regular season as of now.

Possible Playoff picture considered: I like our chances against Atlanta, Miami, and Orlando (in decreasing order) better than what could happen if we face Chicago. The Bulls are just bringing it.

But if we did get to play Chicago, we may just pull it off but even if we don't--the Bulls sweeping the Knicks ain't gonna happen.

Boston in any round? No, at least yet.

petescud

Starter
I think we match up well with Chicago. We did beat them 2x. Not sure we would win, but it should be a good series. We are a few players away from winning the big one, so a good showing this year, and i'll be happy...Too bad we can't steal Al Jefferson from Utah

TakMan

Rotation player
Though I think the Bulls play a lot more like a team than the Knicks do (This is expected due to the team's core having spent a lot more time on the court together), I don't think it's in any way accurate to say that the Knicks cannot beat them in a playoff series. A far more accurate title for this thread would be "We can't beat the Cavs".

I think we have a better chance to beat Chicago under D'Antoni than we have against Miami.

The Bulls are a low scoring half court team, they don't like it when we force the tempo.

Scary thing is we won't even play defense in the playoffs.....rewatched some 04-05 Suns ball yesterday....oh boy they were horrible as a team defensively. Typical D'Antoni BS.

I predict Rose to average 30 ppg against us in the playoffs and Boozer 22 ppg and 15 rpg.

la2ny

Starter
We can beat the Bulls. Just like we could beat Boston since Perk is out.

The playoffs are more about matchups than anything else because the teams facing each other pretty much knows each other so well it comes down to matchups.

During the season in 06-07 the Warriors beat the Mavs every game. Everyone thought that wasn't going to happen in the postseason because they don't play D and blah blah blah. It was just a bad matchup for Dallas. The GSW style of play(similar to SSOL) makes a team play unsmart basketball which can cost you if your team isn't built for that. Throw in the fact that when in Oakland that crowd juiced the players up and every mistake was like a avalanche falling on your head. A normal 5-0 run would turn into a 13-0 run because of 3 point shooting and bad fouls.

All that we have. Boston is an older team. Look back to 08 against The Hawks. That series went 7 games because of the problems the Hawks posed for the Celtics. Their youth and athleticism, that crowd down in Atlanta, and mismatches. They didn't win in Boston because of inexperience, but we have that. We could run Boston out of a game just by being more athletic. Throw in games at MSG you know will be like a European Soccer game on every big shot or dunk it could cause problems.

Our style of running and gunning could trap Chicago. D-Rose has improved his shot, but he isn't Steve Nash. The only pure shooter you have to worry about leaving open is Korver and he's ULTRA streaky(I've seen him cost UTAH games against LA in the playoffs). Boozer isn't the best defender in the world and if someone is larger than him he has problems(Amar'e is larger). Noah is all hustle , but he's not a threat on O. I swear if we got them it could be 07 all over again. D-Rose wins MVP(Dirk won). Team won alot, but was overated by the media(Dallas the same). GSW not known for D(NYK same). Had one of the most potent Offensive teams in the league(Hell we have two guys who could drop 40+ on the same night+ All of the shooters who could get hot).

07 Baron Davis-Chauncey Billups=wash
07 Monta Ellis-Landry Fields= wash
Jason Richardson-Carmelo Anthony=us
07 Stephen Jackson-Amare Stoudemire=us
Andris Biedrins-Jared Jeffries=them

07 Devin Harris-Derick Rose=Bulls
07 Jason Terry-Kieth Bogans=Dallas
07 Josh Howard-Loul Deng=wash
Dirk Nowitzki-Carlos Boozer=Dallas
DesGana Diop-Joakim Noah=Bulls
bench=wash