Serious question Knick fans

With the way MDA seems to dislike bigs if he's here what center in their right mind would truly sign with us this coming off season? I've been thinking about this and cant seem to find a match for this system. At least any that may be available.

Gasol? He's an OK player. Not a perennial allstar or anything. Seems to be a plodder. Not very athletic. I could easily see him getting benched.

Jordan? Again OK defensively I suppose. Havent seen him much. Very athletic. Can he shoot from 10-12ft? If not MDA might have a problem here.

Not sure who else is out there and avaiable after the season. Thoughts???

Are you talking about his first 2.5 years with NY? The same two years where he was forced to scrap & turn over the entire roster due to cap hell of the Thomas era, old age & expiring contracts? He's started well over 35+ players during this short period of time, most in the NBA; which throws out these claims of D'Antoni "never giving players a chance".

For those of you expecting & asking for a talented C? It seems like your "just fine" with "throwing out every "unproven project" to become our "future C'"...

Stop trying to "compare" unproven projects such as the Curry, Mozgov, Randolph & the D.Brown's of the world.. to proven NBA talents who's been nothing short of productive in Gasol, Jordan, Nene & Dalembert.

MDA was against the trade of Mozgov; but that still doesn't change the fact that he was starting a project rookie from RUS, one who only averaged 2 pts/3 boards per gm heading into the break.

You really expected to see Mozgov starting from day 1, when Moz had no USA-NBA experience of any kind?

I'm not saying this from MDA's perspective. Its from the players we may be after. They have to think (rightfully so) that coming to the Knicks may not be best for them if they want PT. I mean if it were me I would...

STAT1

Starter
I hear Jonathan Bender is looking for work. I'm sure MDA could find some minutes for him in his rotation. ;)

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I think Jordan would get time. Turiaf doesn't shoot, but he plays. Besides, I think MDA is going to have to start realizing that if he wants to win, he is going to need to play D.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
With the way MDA seems to dislike bigs if he's here what center in their right mind would truly sign with us this coming off season? I've been thinking about this and cant seem to find a match for this system. At least any that may be available.

Gasol? He's an OK player. Not a perennial allstar or anything. Seems to be a plodder. Not very athletic. I could easily see him getting benched.

Jordan? Again OK defensively I suppose. Havent seen him much. Very athletic. Can he shoot from 10-12ft? If not MDA might have a problem here.

Not sure who else is out there and avaiable after the season. Thoughts???

The Center dont have to shoot in Mda's crazy system from 10-12 feet. Look at Turiaf and Jeffries. They would just have to be able to play D and run the floor.

STAT1

Starter
I don't see Marc Gasol as a good fit for an MDA system the guy is as slow as molasses can't run the floor so he doesn't fit an uptempo style game. Plus he doesn't shoot 3 pointers either, so he doesn't really stretch the defense, & his defense is nothing to write home about, he's rarely in the game down the stretch on his own team I doubt he'd find his way winning big minutes on this one, but then again MDA plays Jeffries a lot so who knows w/this head coach. Some players get on his good side & he reserves them a major role right off the bat, some don't. Probably if he's a great practice guy he'll get minutes here but personally I don't think he's worth the money it would likely take to sign him. I would much rather target lesser money guys like Jeff Foster if I had to before I committed longterm dollars into someone like Gasol. I think as long as the player has a high basketball IQ & is a professional in the lockerroom & works hard in practice, he will see playing time under this head coach. He doesn't seem to favor guys he has to baby sit or spend any special attention on trying to coach. He expects his players to just get it right out the gate & if they don't they sit.