Join the Fire Mike D'Antoni Facebook Page!

Wanna talk about MDA making 6M per year? Too funny. You may not know it, but you just proved that the players are much more important to the teams success when compared to "the coach".

Money talks and BS walks right?

How much are Melo & Amare making combined? Exactly. Close to 20M per. How much is Billups due next year? 12M correct?

To keep it quite simple for you. NBA talents can play the game of basketball without a coach. They've done it since kids @ local court yards & parks since about the age of 5-10.

-I've never heard of a coach that was able to coach with a ball & no players.

-You need defensive players to have a strong defensive team. Melo was never known for his defense & George Karl was never able to keep Melo focused on defense. Amare has never been known for his defense, but yet, it's funny that a BIG (who came from the D'Antoni system) is our only defensive talent that can fill lanes, rebound, block & contest shots on a consistant basis.

Defense takes time develope. Have fun with facebook.

Wanna talk about MDA making 6M per year? Too funny. You may not know it, but you just proved that the players are much more important to the teams success when compared to "the coach".

Money talks and BS walks right?

How much are Melo & Amare making combined? Exactly. Close to 20M per. How much is Billups due next year? 12M correct?

To keep it quite simple for you. NBA talents can play the game of basketball without a coach. They've done it since kids @ local court yards & parks since about the age of 5-10.

-I've never heard of a coach that was able to coach with a ball & no players.

-You need defensive players to have a strong defensive team. Melo was never known for his defense & George Karl was never able to keep Melo focused on defense. Amare has never been known for his defense, but yet, it's funny that a BIG (who came from the D'Antoni system) is our only defensive talent that can fill lanes, rebound, block & contest shots on a consistant basis.

This thread was made for people that want a new coach,But you can't help but to defend MDA in every thread you find.No one is stopping you from making a Pro MDA thread.

Pricey

Rotation player

How many years will it take MDA to teach defence? how many years has he been a NBA coach for? It will never happen with him here.

Im not for or against firing him but he isnt helping himself with his idiotic post game "I was happy with our defence" talks.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol @ defense taking time to develop when MDA has had 2 full seasons with the Knicks, over half a decade with Phoenix....and barely any defense to speak of. How long does he need to finally get ONE team to play championship caliber defense?

The Celtics did it in an offseason and preseason in their championship year. An 8-0 start with 3 new starters in the lineup and a relatively turned over roster. MDA's had plenty of opportunities to get his teams to play better D...it never happens....

We gotta wake up and smell the mother ****in coffee. If that pretty chick keeps constantly saying "oh something came up," or "maybe tomorrow"....there is no ****ing tomorrow with her, open your eyes and move on.

MDA's consistent, solid, defense has been lying in wait since like 2004....I think it's dead.

All I know is this... You all are wrong @ the wrong person when it comes to our team & defense.

You all should first try running Walsh out of town, because lets be honest here... Walsh was the man who wanted MDA to turn this franchise around & thats what both Walsh & MDA did; they turned this franchise around in LESS than 3 years after 7+ years of laughing stock basketball.

MDA & Dolan turned over entire roster(s) that were full of nothing but Thomas cap hell, aging players & expiring contracts, drafted young talents such as David Lee, Nate, Gallo, Douglas, Mozgov & Fields; landed talents such as Chandler & Felton, landed two elite superstars in Amare & Melo this year, added a veteran leader @ the PG position in Billups & we're heading to the playoffs in less than 3 years, for the 1st time since 04 where NJ swept us.

How quickly you all forgot how fast MDA & Walsh turned this franchise around.

NY17

Benchwarmer
All I know is this... You all are wrong @ the wrong person when it comes to our team & defense.

You all should first try running Walsh out of town, because lets be honest here... Walsh was the man who wanted MDA to turn this franchise around & thats what both Walsh & MDA did; they turned this franchise around in LESS than 3 years after 7+ years of laughing stock basketball.

MDA & Dolan turned over entire roster(s) that were full of nothing but Thomas cap hell, aging players & expiring contracts, drafted young talents such as David Lee, Nate, Gallo, Douglas, Mozgov & Fields; landed talents such as Chandler & Felton, landed two elite superstars in Amare & Melo this year, added a veteran leader @ the PG position in Billups & we're heading to the playoffs in less than 3 years, for the 1st time since 04 where NJ swept us.

That's all great and everything, but should we really be celebrating mediocrity like you are? It seems nice because of the crap basketball we've endured the past decade, but we are still just mediocre...and mediocre doesn't win championships.

smokes

Huge Member

Adding players is the job of Walsh not D'antoni. And in another thread you are saying how D'antoni was against trading for Melo... I think your posts are mostly backed up by extremely vague knowledge of rumors you may have heard somewhere, there's not much substance.

Donnie Walsh was the one who turned this franchise around,all MDA did was sit players on the bench that he didn't like or didn't fit his system.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I'm beginning to realise why internet trolls followed you to this site.

MDA & Dolan? Are you ****ing serious?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The Knicks are either not being coached well enough on the defensive end, or they are not playing for the head coach. The product on the court is not acceptable....if I read one more thing about the dynasty [insert western conference team], how great MDA is because of someone's personal affection for him, or someone turning something around....I'm liable to go outside and punch the first baby that I see.

It's simple...MDA has a job....part of his job description is to coach defense...coaching includes motivating players and getting the absolute most out of them, if they got it, they have to give it on the court....if he's incapable of doing that then he's not doing his job...if he's not doing his job then he, like any other working person, gets the axe...team defense is a team concept and if the coach can't get the players to buy in then he goes bye bye.

Turned the team around....what does that mean? We're losing to teams that aren't worthy of lacing up our kicks...and MDA is to be given a pass for not being able to get a consistent defensive effort out of HIS PLAYERS?? Nah, join us back on earth. We miss you down here.

You all cry for top 10 D's is seriously pathetic. Mike D'Antoni has NEVER had a CHANCE to build a team, let alone a "top 10 defense" due to cap hell; while being forced to turn over roster(s), lineup(s) & rotation(s). Blame MDA for that? Wrong. Think again. Ever heard of a man that goes by the name of I.Thomas? I doubt it.

Dolan & MDA has yet to have a fighting chance to build a team or even improve our defense. For the fans who expect the Knicks to have a contending defense, in less than 3 years; that just goes to show the type of basketball insight that you really do lack.

Marbury, Nate, Duhon, Douglas, Billups, Crawford, T-Mac, Fields, Chandler, Gallo, Carmelo, Curry, JJ, Z.Randolph, Darko, A.Randolph, Amare, Mozgov, Turiaf etc, etc.

Yeah, "right", MDA really had "his chance" to build a defense that could compete in less than 3 years. Sad.

MDA has been FORCED to start well over 20 different players in less than 3 years. Not one NBA coach has been forced to COME CLOSE to working with this many players.

NY17

Benchwarmer
You all cry for top 10 D's is seriously pathetic. Mike D'Antoni has NEVER had a CHANCE to build a team, let alone a "top 10 defense" due to cap hell; while being forced to turn over roster(s), lineup(s) & rotation(s). Blame MDA for that? Wrong. Think again. Ever heard of a man that goes by the name of I.Thomas? I doubt it.
So you only mention the years he spent in Phoenix when it works in favor of your argument? I see.

lol @ Dolan (typing too fast) meant to say MDA & Walsh (like I've stated over 20 times since joining this site). Everyone knows Walsh was the one to bring MDA to the Knicks sorry for not being perfect with typo mistakes lol

MusketeerX

Rotation player
So you only mention the years he spent in Phoenix when it works in favor of your argument? I see.

So true. Joined the group. God willing we will have another coach next year that actually can coach defense to two guys who don't know how to play it. Perhaps DW can pull of another great move and get us Jeff Van Gundy. Would make me so happy.

NY17 is from TheGangGreen. Act stupid all you like, act like you "have no idea what I'm talking about" still won't change the fact that your going on ignore mode from here on out. I'll continue to talk Knicks with everyone else.

NY17

Benchwarmer
NY17 is from TheGangGreen. Act stupid all you like, act like you "have no idea what I'm talking about" still won't change the fact that your going on ignore mode from here on out. I'll continue to talk Knicks with everyone else.

You are ignoring me because you can't back up your argument? Are you 11 years old? ....and NY = New York...not "TheGangGreen" I'm from New York edit: I hope someone quotes me so he can see my reply....