New NBA Divisions for 2004-05 Season

JJtheKnick

Starter
Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division: Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers, Toronto Raptors

Central Division: Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Milwaukee Bucks

Southeast Division: Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards

Western Conference

Southwest Division: Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Hornets, San Antonio Spurs

Northwest Division: Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers, Seattle SuperSonics, Utah Jazz

Pacific Division: Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings

Under the new plan, teams will play divisional opponents four times each (two home games/two road games), conference opponents outside the division three or four times each and opponents outside the conference two times each (one home game/one road game). The three regular season divisional winners in each conference will earn a playoff berth and one of the conference’s top three playoff seeds based on regular season record. The remaining five playoff berths for each conference will be based on regular season records with no regard to divisional alignment. Home court advantage throughout the NBA playoffs will be based solely on regular season record, not playoff seeding, thus a divisional winner that has a higher playoff seed than an opponent will not necessarily have home court advantage in the playoff series.

if the knicks win there division they will be in the top three in the playoffs and if u look at there divison they can win that one.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Looks like Miami will win their division with ease...the third one is a bitch of a div...Indy, Det, Mil, Clev...good let them all beat each other...

JJtheKnick

Starter
the knicks should win theres with ease to the only real threat is the nets and they are not going to be as good as the knicks. this is great the knicks will be a in one of the top 3 seeds in the playoffs

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea but we still dont know what this new magic team is all about. dont forget there rookie howard. he can be the next shaq u never know.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
yea but we still dont know what this new magic team is all about. dont forget there rookie howard. he can be the next shaq u never know.
Not for a few years. He won't do a whole lot for the first two years he is in the league, much like J. O'Neal or something.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea so its no question the knicks will be in the playoffs next year but how will they do there. they need to make sure there hole season wont be a waste.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Top teams in each division:

Atlantic Division: Knicks and Celtics
Central Division: Pistons and Pacers
Southeast Division: Heat and Wizards

Southwest Division: Spurs and Rockets
Northwest Division:Wolves and Nuggets
Pacific Division: Lakers and Suns

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I agree that the Knicks are going to own their division. Should be no problem for us. After all the crazy moves the Nets have made this offseason I don't think they are going to be much of a challenge. I think our biggest challenge would be the Sixers and AI. As a team overall, of course all the other teams got some talent too but none that can match all the talent the Knicks currently have.

e_D

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
I agree that the Knicks are going to own their division. Should be no problem for us. After all the crazy moves the Nets have made this offseason I don't think they are going to be much of a challenge. I think our biggest challenge would be the Sixers and AI. As a team overall, of course all the other teams got some talent too but none that can match all the talent the Knicks currently have.

I dont even think the Sixers and AI are gonna be a challenge. They haven't drastically changed their line up from last year, it's still the AI show pretty much. And remember the last two games the Knicks and Sixers played, I think AI shot a combined 3 for 21 or something like that. We owned them.

JJtheKnick

Starter
jsm0331 said:

you got it all wrong!!

Atlantic Division: knicks and nets
Southeast Division: Heat and magic

Southwest Division: Spurs and Rockets or dalles
Pacific Division: Lakers and kings (suns might be a threat).

thats the way it should be.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
jsm0331 said:

you got it all wrong!!

Atlantic Division: knicks and nets
Southeast Division: Heat and magic

Southwest Division: Spurs and Rockets or dalles
Pacific Division: Lakers and kings (suns might be a threat).

thats the way it should be.

Nets? Are you joking? RJ can't lead them, without Kidd they are done for a minimum of 3 years.

Magic? Francis, Mobley, and Howard...I don't think so. No team goes from the #1 pick to a leader or second place in anything, except the lottery, again.

Maybe you don't know who the Wizards have. Jamison, Hughes, Arenas, Hayes, Whitney, Peeler, Dixon, Kwame, Haywood, and Kwame. That's a lot better group than the Magic. Plus most of the team is still in tact, they are used to playing without Stack, so the players won't have a problem meshing with Jamison. The Magic on the other hand are without Lue, T-Mac, and Howard. They have a whole different group there now and will have almost zero chemistry.

Kings? How. They lost their main player. Vlade ran everything. He set Bibby's and Peja's picks, he was the veteran leader on the court and in the locker room. Without them, there is no more perfect passing and flopping, which was 1/2 their game. They replaced him with useless Ostertag. Peja is going to be gone, Peeler, Massenburg, and Buford all leave. They are in shambles now.

JJtheKnick

Starter
first of all the nets might not trade kidd and if they do dont you think they will get something in ruturn for like one of the best PG in the NBA.

boston are you kiddin who do they paul and gary. gary is old he wont be much of a threat. and paul cant carry that team to the top of a division.

and the magic are way better that the wizards. are you kidding howard is ganna be big. steve is a good PG. and Mobley is a great shooter. and did you forget grant hill. he said he might be coming back this year. so this is there line up
PG-steve
SG-Mobley
SF-????
PF-hill
C-howard
thats not a bad team at all at least better then the wizards.

the knigs did not lose there main player. there main play is webber who will be better this season because he needed rest. and they got peja. who i think is not going anywhere. bibby is still there and now he has a younger player to pass to Ostertag. and i know hes not the best center but hes not that bad. o yea and dont forget Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson, and there other person that can play center Brad Miller.
now how can anyone tell me that the suns are better then this team.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
first of all the nets might not trade kidd and if they do dont you think they will get something in ruturn for like one of the best PG in the NBA.
Well, if they want to have anything, then they have to trade Kidd. He has already said he won't report to training camp as a Net. No, they won't get a good-great PG. There are none out there on the market. Most likely, Cuban will package something for Kidd (Stack, Bradley, Najera). The Nets can't be too picky here in what they get in return, which will result in them getting ripped off. Kidd isn't playing for them, so they might have to take a second rate deal.

JJtheKnick said:
boston are you kiddin who do they paul and gary. gary is old he wont be much of a threat. and paul cant carry that team to the top of a division.
GP and Pierce would probably be enough to get them into the playoffs in the East, there isn't much competition. But I guess you have forgotten their other players--Jiri, Lafrentz (all star in the East), Blount, Davis, Jefferson (steal of the draft), McCarty, West, Allen, and Jones. They had one of the best drafts this summer and got a lot of very good, young players.

JJtheKnick said:
and the magic are way better that the wizards. are you kidding howard is ganna be big. steve is a good PG. and Mobley is a great shooter. and did you forget grant hill. he said he might be coming back this year. so this is there line up
PG-steve
SG-Mobley
SF-????
PF-hill
C-howard
thats not a bad team at all at least better then the wizards.
Again, Magic have no chemistry. Nice dodging that issue. Howard will be really good...in a few years. He is a project and about every NBA scout would tell you the same. I didn't forget Grant Hill, he just isn't worth mentioning. He is an old, injured, washed up SF. His career is done and it has been for a couple of years. He has horrible ankles and if he doesn't fall apart when he goes on the court, he won't average any more than 10 points a game. And how the hell you have him at PF baffles me. Grant Hill can't play PF, that would be like putting Glenn Robinson at PF. And Howard is not a center, he is a PF. The Wizards are much better.
Haywood
Jamison
Hayes
Hughes
Arenas

JJtheKnick said:
o yea and dont forget Doug Christie.
Again, I didn't. He is on his last leg and whipped.

JJtheKnick said:
now how can anyone tell me that the suns are better then this team.
Amare is better than Webber, he actually plays the whole season and is a top big man in the West. Webber is old, washed up, slow, doesn't have it any more (obvious in the playoffs), and is guaranteed to be out at least once a year (for at least 12 games). Marion is better than Peja. All Peja can do, if he isn't traded, is shoot. Marion is the best SF in the NBA. He is an athletic freak, can score, and can play D. Joe Johnson is better than Christie. I don't need to explain that one. Nash is better than Bibby, I don't think there would be any complaints here. Quentin Richardson is better than Bobby Jackson. And they have depth--Barbosa, Cabarkapa, and Lampe. The Kings backups are all jokes.

JJtheKnick

Starter
ok you got everthing all messed up.

ok the nets are better then boston even if the nets trade kidd. are you forgeting what the nets have. jefferson, Aaron Williams who is truning out to be a hell of a player. Alonzo Mourning might come back. that team is not the best but its way better then boston. like you said about hill payton is washed up. he cant help that team in a major way. and what about there chemistry with a new coach and a few new players.

i cant believe what you are saying. the wizards are like the worst team. they got jamison and a few guys that can will back him up and those guys are hardly ganna be enought to do anything.
even if hill does not come back magic are still way better. chemistry yeah but the season still dident start yet and they are playing together right now. then there is the perseason there is so much time left for them to be ready. if this team jsut got together the first game of the season they would be better then the wizards. (im ganna make a topic in the NBA forum).

Doug Christie might not be the way he was years ago but he is still a threat. the guy can shoot and play great D.

webber needed rest and now the offseason has come so look out for him next season he will be ready.

Marion is better than Peja
what the.........how can you say that. peja averaged the most points last season. his team was in the playoffs. he is one of the best shooters ever!! he was in the MVP talk!!!. Shawn Marion is good but peja is in a hole other league. nash and bibby are about the same maybe nash is a lil better. Quentin Richardson better then bobby yea but bobby is not even a starter. how can the suns have more dept the kings hve one of the best benchs in the NBA. they HAD THE 6TH MAN. and the suns bench those players are hardly even worth looking at.
listen man you have to get your things right. the knigs will kill the suns.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
Alonzo Mourning might come back.
Maybe you haven't read much about the situation, but the Nets won't take him back. He might be able and want to come back, but the Nets don't want him, they have already said so.

JJtheKnick said:
that team is not the best but its way better then boston.
Boston's bench will be better than the Nets.

JJtheKnick said:
payton is washed up. he cant help that team in a major way. and what about there chemistry with a new coach and a few new players.
I don't call averaging 20 points, and numbers a lot alike Kidd's two years ago washed up, or averaging 15 points in a system that limits any point guard production. I disagree, I think a backcourt of GP and Pierce is one of the top in the East. What about their chemistry? They added a coach, so did 80% of all the NBA teams. They added one new player and rookie, that's a lot different than having a whole new team, like the Magic.

JJtheKnick said:
even if hill does not come back magic are still way better. chemistry yeah but the season still dident start yet and they are playing together right now. then there is the perseason there is so much time left for them to be ready. if this team jsut got together the first game of the season they would be better then the wizards.
They aren't playing together now. No one is playing right now, but the US team, come on. Yeah, they have pre-season, but starters play very little in pre-season. It takes a lot longer than a summer for a new team to get used to playing with each other and for a new coach. Last year, it took the Lakers a good part of the season to get used to playing with each other, and that was with two superstars already in place and used to one another. It takes longer, when the only superstar you have is the new one.

JJtheKnick said:
Doug Christie might not be the way he was years ago but he is still a threat. the guy can shoot and play great D.
Christie...great D? Those shouldn't be mentioned together anymore, maybe 3 years ago, but not any more. Proof:
10/31/2003 vs Sixers-AI 27 points
11/7/2003 vs Knicks-Houston 39 points
11/13/2003 vs Blazers-Wells 27 points
11/16/2003 vs Warriors-J-Rich 31 points
12/26/2003 vs Warriors-J-Rich 25 points
1/16/2004 vs Lakers-Rush 30 points
1/20/2004 vs Blazers-Anderson 29 points
1/23/2004 vs Grizz-Miller 27 points
2/11/2004 vs Pistons-Hamilton 27 points
2/17/2004 vs Celtics-Pierce 27 points
2/26/2004 vs Lakers-Kobe 35 points
3/4/2004 vs Sixers-AI 32 points
3/23/2004 vs Bucks-Redd 26 points
3/24/2004 vs Lakers-Kobe 36 points
4/1/2004 vs Mavs-Finley 29 points
4/14/2004 vs Warriors-J-Rich 28 points

And only if that were all, there were also at least 15-17 games where players scored between 20-24 points on him. When you have Rush score 30 on you, I think it is safe to take your name off the good defender list.

JJtheKnick said:
what the.........how can you say that. peja averaged the most points last season. his team was in the playoffs. he is one of the best shooters ever!!
Points and shooting isn't everything, anyone who knows anything about basketball would know this. Peja is a great shooter and that's it. Marion is an athletic, flashy, scorer, who can shoot, take it to the basket, play D, and doesn't choke in the playoffs. Peja is allergic to defense. I could break down his games, like I did with Christie to prove that I am right, but I would really rather not take that time, just take my word on this one, or look it up yourself.

JJtheKnick said:
Quentin Richardson better then bobby yea but bobby is not even a starter.
Q isn't a starter either, unless you forgot about Marion and Johnson.

JJtheKnick said:
how can the suns have more dept the kings hve one of the best benchs in the NBA. they HAD THE 6TH MAN. and the suns bench those players are hardly even worth looking at.
Kings HAD one of the best benches in the NBA, 2-3 years ago, they don't add much and keep losing player after player. If you think they have one of the best benches in the NBA, today, then you must not expect much out of a team. If the Suns aren't much to look at, according to you, then I don't know how on God's green earth the Kings are worth looking at.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Wow there's a lot of hate for the Magic! I think they'll be better off without McGrady,who's main agenda now is his stats. Mobley & Francis have chemistry, cause they moved to Orlanado, you really think they're gonna lose that? Ridiculous. Howard looks like the sencond coming of Garnett. NJ should trade Kidd. His contract, injurie & age make him unattractive to a lot of teams. Folks wanna see if he's still got something, NJ should try to get younger players to team with RJ. And forthose dissin RJ, Last uear he improved and carried NJ while Kidd and Martin were on the shelf. Anyways I think the teams that defend the best will be the ones making the moves. The league revolves aroud D.