Kemba Walker: If we let him go we'll regret it

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
This kid is an absolute beast, he can do it all, he's the best point guard in this draft and he wants to play for the Knicks, when was the last time a college player wanted to play for the Knicks? Patrick Ewing....If we dont get this kid someway then we'll regret it

Bharan

Rookie
That's debatable as Kyrie Irving has more of the tools to succeed at the NBA level, and in that its highly likely we will have Chris Paul available for us to pick up in the summer of 2012, an established all star.

Around the time that him, Melo, and stoudemire age, we will be able to blow it up again, meanwhile a guy like Kemba would be developing and the clock would not slow down for us at all as Melo and STAT age (And once STAT loses his speed advantage, things are going downhill). We then have a 3-4 year window to pick up a chip or 2 with the 3 man core of Melo, Stoudemire, and Paul.

This is presuming we are high enough in the draft to actually DRAFT Kemba. His performance will rise him up through the lottery, out of our grasps, and I am not willing to trade Landry Fields for a draft pick.

This kid is an absolute beast, he can do it all, he's the best point guard in this draft and he wants to play for the Knicks, when was the last time a college player wanted to play for the Knicks? Patrick Ewing....If we dont get this kid someway then we'll regret it
Kemba will probably be a top 10 pick since he's playing so well, plus since we have a worse record than houston they will probably switch draft picks with us.

NY17

Benchwarmer
I am as big of a Kemba fan as you will find, but don't kid yourself, Kyrie Irving is the best NBA PG prospect in this draft.

Regardless, I would love Kemba on this team, he's my all-time favorite college BB player.

Top Billin

Rookie
i used to watch kemba kill at rice but he is not going to be drafted to the knicks, the only way he gets to us is by a draft day trade and we have no pieces or picks to do that.

I agree with the post above.

Hell of a talent. So much so that he's going top 10.

No way we can trade for Kemba unless we offer a team something like...

Our 1st
Turiaf
Billups (thats if it's even possible that we can sign him for much cheaper)
&
Patrick Ewing Jr (D-League All-Star).

Just trying to throw some ideas out there but no matter how bad I would love to see it happen; I just don't see it possible.

Kemba, Fields & Douglas as our 3 top Guards? Bright future.

With all that said... I'd love to land the Nation's #1 rebounder in Kenneth Faried to backup Amare @ the PF position. Land Faried & I'm on cloud 9.

Speaking of Ewing Jr... What type of potential does this kid have on the NBA level? What type of player or players does he remind you of?

As far as Kemba is concerned... I'm going a little old school with it & comparing him to the killer cross over (way before AI) & saying Tim Hardaway. The way Kemba did a quick cross over jab step followed by a hard jab step that broke dudes ankles... I though Hardaway right away.

NY17

Benchwarmer
I agree with the post above.

Hell of a talent. So much so that he's going top 10.

No way we can trade for Kemba unless we offer a team something like...

Our 1st
Turiaf
Billups (thats if it's even possible that we can sign him for much cheaper)
&
Patrick Ewing Jr (D-League All-Star).

Just trying to throw some ideas out there but no matter how bad I would love to see it happen; I just don't see it possible.

Kemba, Fields & Douglas as our 3 top Guards? Bright future.

With all that said... I'd love to land the Nation's #1 rebounder in Kenneth Faried to backup Amare @ the PF position. Land Faried & I'm on cloud 9.

That is an extremely unrealistic trade that doesn't even work.

As for your post about Ewing, I don't see much potential.

He is already 26 years old and hasn't shown he has what it takes to play in the NBA,

Obviously it's unrealistic but so was the though about landing him in the 1st place lol anything for NY17 to prove "just how wrong" I really am. Like "alway".

Enjoy your night computer tough guy.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Obviously it's unrealistic but so was the though about landing him in the 1st place lol anything for NY17 to prove "just how wrong" I really am. Like "alway".

Enjoy your night computer tough guy.

Damn why are you so sensitive? I was just responding to your questions with my opinion, sorry. It is funny though how you can read my posts after "ignoring" me. Another lie, just like the lie about averaging 25 posts per game thread..... I actually agree with you about your Hardaway comparison to an extent though, they definitely possess similarities.

dave2138

Rotation player
Kemba will probably be a top 10 pick since he's playing so well, plus since we have a worse record than houston they will probably switch draft picks with us.

Houston is still 1.5 behind Memphis for the 8th seed. So the only way we will swap picks with them is if they make the playoffs. In which case we would only move back 1 or 2 spots anyway depending on Philadelphia's record.

iSaYughh

Starter
Pretty obvious, as I'd been hoping, that Walsh will try to trade up,

And not let the Jordan Hill Disaster re-create itself.

May be tough tho...But let's see what Walsh can do.

TheNYdude

Rookie
To answer an original question, he reminds me of a mix between wade and cp3 . More like a dwade but shorter and a better jumper at his age. I would love to have him with a C fa signing. This kid is from nyc, wants to be a knick and seems to excel in the spotlight unDer pressure. I'm not hung up on his height like everyone else. If we can steal him in the draft, we can focus on big men in fagency... Id love our future.

KingofNy

Starter
Pretty obvious, as I'd been hoping, that Walsh will try to trade up,

And not let the Jordan Hill Disaster re-create itself.

May be tough tho...But let's see what Walsh can do.

Is it even possible for us to trade up this season? Just asking the question because I though this year's pick was untradeable...so it's not like we can give them ours and another year's pick and take theirs...At least that's my understanding.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol I don't see how we'd draft him.. No way he slips past the top 10.

The way he cleaned house in big east...and now UCONN's ncaa surge...

He may get draft treatment a la recent combo/hybrid pg Tyreke Evans.

He reminds me a bit of him, too...but take away strenghth/size n sub in small quickness/speed a la Iverson...or really, Monte Ellis.