Hornets sign Ewing Jr. to 10-day deal

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Just figured I'd put it up here. I know we all had hoped PEJ would be on the knicks this year, I'll be taking note of the box scores over the next 10 days to see how he does in his minutes.

Losing West is a big knock on the hornets, who will need PEJ to step it up.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/03/26/hornets-ewing-jr.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Good post.

I am definitely a big PE and PEJ fan. I would love father and son coaching and playing for our team. I will also be looking at PEJ's box score stats, with hopes for a successful and long NBA career.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
awesome.always wanted to see him in the league again,he's put up good numbers in the d-league.unfortunatley,this is probably just an insurance policy and he will be cut when david west returns.

STAT1

Starter
I would have loved for him to get a shot in NY, but good to see he's getting one somewhere. IMO he would have been a more worthwhile signing than Derrick Brown who isn't even seeing minutes.

STAT1

Starter
If for nothing else but to hear the fans chanting his name during a game where we're up by a lot in the closing minutes I would have loved to have him on the team just for the nostalgia factor, even if the legacy was made by his dad it would still have been a nice element to have at the game. Derrick Brown was as useless an acquisition as I can remember.

p0nder

Starter
in 3 games so far he's played 1 or 2 minutes per. hasn't taken a shot yet and his over all +- is -2 tho he looks comfortable on the court. I wish they would simply give him more minutes out there so he can show what he can do. I liked the way the guy played in summer league, his stats are never the best, but he gives a lot of hustle out there.

Even if Ewing Jr never plays a second for the Knicks... I'd much rather have Ewing on the bench than Rautins just because he's Ewing Jr. But at the same time, the kid deserves better than nothing on the bench. Speaking of Rautins? Does the guy have a future with the Knicks? All I know is I loved his long range for Syracuse & he came up clutch time & time again for those guys...

iSaYughh

Starter
Even if Ewing Jr never plays a second for the Knicks... I'd much rather have Ewing on the bench than Rautins just because he's Ewing Jr. But at the same time, the kid deserves better than nothing on the bench. Speaking of Rautins? Does the guy have a future with the Knicks? All I know is I loved his long range for Syracuse & he came up clutch time & time again for those guys...

MDA discriminates against shooters and especially those with range and a love for the 3ball.

Idk, my guess is he has a future. Else he wouldn't just be rotting on the bench; less they felt he was getting acclimated and would get a shot soon, and that he has the game to be effecfive in some capacity.

I like the idea of developing young players off the bench until their ready for the big dance. One of the main reasons why AR has been productive (slumping last 4 games) is because he was developed by two seperate coaches from the outside looking in. Throw AR into the fire & his NBA career could have been over before it started but to get back on topic without going off topic... i wish Ewing Jr the best of luck & would love to see the Horners give him a good 7-10 mins sometime soon.