All Heart All Grit All Determination

Anthony Carter:

ap-d7efeb0f99d64ba48bc25f877a6fe8be.jpg
:
Carter played as a freshman on the varsity team of Atlanta's Crim High School. However, after his freshman year, Carter quit high school. After leaving school, Carter spent his teenage years playing basketball for money in Atlanta. The Rocky Mountain News quoted Carter stating: "The dope man would put up the money, and we would play. We used to play for the drug dealers. That's how we were going to make our money. We didn't sell the drugs ... (I used the money) to buy shoes and food. That was the only way we could eat.During his teenage years, Carter's mother was on drugs, and all seven of his uncles were at one point in prison

Real good story to read about,this man completely changed his life around and got on track. He still plays with that street toughness and I think he will come through as an experience leader in the Playoffs. I think he and Billups should be the Locker room Leaders; to get the young guys mentally ready for every game. I hope we pick him back up as a 7-10 minute back next year.

Great story. I been to ATL & they have some mean street & tough kids everywhere you look in that city. Never knew that about Carter but that explaines why he plays with such a defensive chip on his shoulder.

Would love to see more of Carter @ the point with Douglas @ the 2G during the playoffs. That would also keep both Billups & Fields well rested. Hopefully MDA is keeping Carter fresh for our playoff run.

Speaking of heart, another Knick player with heart, fight & guts is Turiaf who's under went a couple of open heart surgeries is Turiaf.

STAT1

Starter
AC is the only player on either team that has ever played in those heated classic rivalry games between the Knicks & Heat so he's directly familiar with how the playoff intensity in that heated rivalry was like. I like what he brings off our bench & he reminds me of those old school players that played back in the 90s he's not afraid to get in there & scrap like Charlie Ward & Greg Anthony.

Yeah Carter was the one who hit that BS-fluke-luck as ever type of horse game winner from behind the backboard, shot over the backboard... & sunk the shot. Ugh.