The Official 2011 Playoff Thread!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Playoffs2011-300x113.jpg

Knicks.gif

Were in boys, it's official! Lets rejoice, put aside our differences and root this team on in the hopes of making a magical run like 1999. We have the star power and we have several players with deep playoff experience so anything is possible. While winning a title this year is a long shot we do need to establish ourselves now, gain that experience and go into next year ready to decimate the East.

As of now we play Miami and I like how we match up! Miami has all the expectations and is the favorite so we can go in loose and calm looking for the kill. Bosh is softer than seal skin and will get dominated by Amare. Lebron is a choke artist with more pressure on him than an earthquake fault. Wade is wade but the rest of that team is trash. Lets do this!!! Take out our long time rivals, embarrass Lebron and make him regret his decision to spurn the Knicks! I want chants of OVERRATED heard in Harlem as we close out these suckers!

The playoffs are WIDE OPEN and anything can happen!!!!

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
Knicks should make lots of noise in this first round. I think that all the top seeded teams are afraid of playing us in the first round. They know we are giant killers. We've split the season with Miami and i think we have an edge on Chicago too. It's going to be fun tho!

Great thread TR1LL10N; I enjoy your pumped up type of personality around here.

It's a nice feeling to see all these playoff threads around here. It's been a long time coming.

I've drank to the Jets on Sundays with my older bro since about the age of 19-20 come playoff time. Have yet to ever drink to the Knicks. During game one? I'm not taking a sip. I wanna soak it all up & enjoy the feeling. After game 1? I'm gonna need some nerve calmer & I'll be on some of that 102 "what to do" Jin mixed with Cram & blue liquid ice. Drinks getting made @ the half; I wanna at least remember the 1st half the next day ahah.

But yeah, I still remember watching the Knicks with my older bro as a kid & enjoyed plenty of playoff battles with him against the Bulls, Pacers & later on the Heat. Only difference? I didn't know how to throw down on the grill back then. Things have changed since our last playoff run & I don't count 04 as a playoff run. We sucked.

About to order us a MEAT-PLAN for playoff summer BBQ's. CANT WAIT!!!

NY17

Benchwarmer
Great thread TR1LL10N; I enjoy your pumped up type of personality around here.

It's a nice feeling to see all these playoff threads around here. It's been a long time coming.

I've drank to the Jets on Sundays with my older bro since about the age of 19-20 come playoff time. Have yet to ever drink to the Knicks. During game one? I'm not taking a sip. I wanna soak it all up & enjoy the feeling. After game 1? I'm gonna need some nerve calmer & I'll be on some of that 102 "what to do" Jin mixed with Cram & blue liquid ice. Drinks getting made @ the half; I wanna at least remember the 1st half the next day ahah.

But yeah, I still remember watching the Knicks with my older bro as a kid & enjoyed plenty of playoff battles with him against the Bulls, Pacers & later on the Heat. Only difference? I didn't know how to throw down on the grill back then. Things have changed since our last playoff run & I don't count 04 as a playoff run. We sucked.

About to order us a MEAT-PLAN for playoff summer BBQ's. CANT WAIT!!!

This is a really, really cool story.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I was 7 when the knicks were in the playoffs in 99. That's when I first started watching with my dad. Not including 2004(smh..) I get to watch some playoff basketball. I'm 18 now!!! Took long enough. LETS GO KNICKS

So what do you guys think about the first round format?

The old best of 5 format vs the current best of 7?

I think the best of 5 was much better for low seeded teams. It's possible to win 3 games as the underdog, but it's almost impossible to win 4 against a top team.

I think 99 would not have happened in a best of 7 series.

I know that maths say you only have to win around 57 % of the 7 games now, opposed to 60 % in a best of 5 series, but to get those 4 wins is so hard to achieve with no home-court....

In a best of 5 you aim for a win in either of the 2 away games, then go home and if you win both at home you're through 3-1, whereas in a best of 7 you'd have to win 3 straight at home, which is almost impossible.

That one extra win makes such a big difference imo. Huge advantage for the high seeded teams.

I'd be much more confident to beat Miami in a best of 5 than in a best of 7.

Win game 1, lose game 2, then go to NY and upset them twice at the Garden and voila - it's over before they can counter-attack.

In a best of 7 you win one of the first 2 away, then probably win the first 2 at home. Then they fight back and steal game 5, our final and third home game. Then the series goes back to their court for the final 2. Extremely difficult.

What do you guys think?

I think the old format was better.

I don't think the Celtics fear us as much as the Heat and Bulls might. Luckily it looks like we might get the Heat (Watch the Celtics get the 2nd seed now that I said that :lol:). I think we have as good a chance as any team of making some noise if we just play good solid defense in spurts and put up points on offense like we can. Gonna be a fun ride win or lose. WE'RE BACK!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Big game tonight! We have to move up even if it means a less desirable matchup in the first round.