Losing 6 consecutive & 9 out of 10 was the best thing that could have ever happened.

Losing 6 consecutive & 9 out of 10 was the best thing that could have ever happened.

I now consider it as a blessing.

Losing the ways that we did? Against the types of teams that we lost to?

Those were the dark days of an up & coming team & franchise.

This NY team is rock solid tough. The players never threw the coach under the bus, the coach never went after our players & these players such as Melo vs Amare never called eachother out. We stuck together.

We're a team & we're now a much stronger team because of those dark days & tough loses. Amare considered it as the toughest times of his NBA career.

The Knicks are battle tested & have a stronger mentality because of those long nights of no sleep during a disaster month of March madness.

You must learn to lose together as a team; before you know how to win as one. What doesn't kill you in sports; usually makes you stronger. You never know what you have in a boxer; until he goes down for the 1st time.

The Knicks got knocked down, but we never got knocked out; we got up, fought back, & came out swinging.

The best has yet to come.

I now consider it as a blessing.

Losing the ways that we did? Against the types of teams that we lost to?

Those were the dark days of an up & coming team & franchise.

This NY team is rock solid tough. The players never threw the coach under the bus, the coach never went after our players & these players such as Melo vs Amare never called eachother out. We stuck together.

We're a team & we're now a much stronger team because of those dark days & tough loses. Amare considered it as the toughest times of his NBA career.

The Knicks are battle tested & have a stronger mentality because of those long nights of no sleep during a disaster month of March madness.

You must learn to lose together as a team; before you know how to win as one. What doesn't kill you in sports; usually makes you stronger. You never know what you have in a boxer; until he goes down for the 1st time.

The Knicks got knocked down, but we never got knocked out; we got up, fought back, & came out swinging.

The best has yet to come.

Of course I disagree. If the Knicks win those games a playoff berth is clinched weeks ago. With a playoff berth being clinched they could get their star players more rest going into the dance. A well rested team is a better team. Losing didnt help us at all...

Of course I disagree. If the Knicks win those games a playoff berth is clinched weeks ago. With a playoff berth being clinched they could get their star players more rest going into the dance. A well rested team is a better team. Losing didnt help us at all...

Word bro!

Plus we could have attacked Orlando/Atlanta for home court had we won our so called 'easy games' this season.

p0nder

Starter
I don't think we would of gotten home court anyways, but certainly resting amar'e and billups would of been a great asset.

However, facing adversity together quickly builds a teams chemestry. Having melo call the team out and tell them the win against orlando was nessicary, and flowing through on his words with a masterful performance really inspirited the team to get it going. While it was not the "best" thing that could of happened the subsequent reaction from the team has been very positive. Now with Amar'e and Melo being known to their teammates as proven leaders, both on and off the court is a great thing. The trust and chemistry is building up quickly and exponentially. The win against the Cav's just shows how fast a team can grow. In just 1 day short of a month we went from losing to the cavs to destroying them.

This team could not be poised better heading into the playoffs and I think the last 3 games have everything to do with that.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If we had have won a mere 10 extra games this season, we'd be tied for 4th. When you think of how many we literally gave away, as well as the ones we completely F'd in the A, we could have been facing Atlanta in the first round.

That would have been much better on my arteries.

Our inability to close games and protect leads is still an issue.

WrongIslander

Rotation player

Of course you don't but that's by the by. Explain to me why if a "well rested team" is so great why the Lakers (blueprint) are usually on fire late on not taking time off?

An injured team is no good to anyone but neither is one that is too rested, there's a happy medium and we've got 6 games to not rest but ease down to some degree which is plenty of time.

Clinching earlier wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference other than I believe negative in that we'd have believed the hype, fallen asleep and as KFQ says not grown as a unit as much as we have.

nyk_nyk

All Star
There are some things to be learned from losing but the losing streak we went on hurt more than it helped. Winning most of those games would have been a real confidence booster, plus we'd have clinched sooner and maybe had a shot at the 6th spot.

My points exactly WI.

Even if the Knicks would have won 70% of those 10 games... We still wouldn't of had a chance @ the 4th seed & we still wouldn't of had time to rest players because we would still be fighting with the Hawks for the 5th seed to avolid CHI, MIA & BOS as of right now; only to play the Magic.

To the poster that said we could be looking @ a NY vs ATL 1st rounder? lol; Thats impossible. NY & ATL would of had to finish as the 4-5 or 5-4 seeds; No way ORL was EVER going to drop to the 6th. The ONLY way we could have ever played ATL during the 1st is if the playoff picture looked like this: 1) CHI. 2) MIA. 3) NYK. 4) BOS. 5) ORL. 6) ATL. 7) 76ers 8) INDy. lol.

The fact of the matter is this... Those dark days gave us a chance to learn from our mistakes. If they never came during the regular season after the trade? They could have later came during the playoffs which is 10x worse.

We're 10x more battle tested as a team today, than what we were after we beat the Miami Heat with Melo.

Nyk_Nyk... Whats with the "maybe" had a chance @ the 6th seed? The Knicks have a GREAT shot @ the 6th seed.

We're only 1.5 back of the 76ers.

Tomorrow night:

Raptors @ Knicks
76ers @ Celtics

With a Knicks win + a 76ers loss? We're only .5 games back.

Then both teams play eachother next. The Knicks win & we have soul rights to 6th place by a 1/2 game.

Then while they have an off night? We have the Nets. Win that game & we're a full game ahead with 3 games to go.

iSaYughh

Starter
Let's see how we finish gentlemen.

If we enter the playoffs like chumps, that "Dark Ages" losing stretch will be giving us more unanswered questions and shaken confidence than anything else.

I agree that it's a *potential* to be an overall boon, and we can seize it. If we romp our way into the 1st round and close shit out playing with swag and cohesion.

All things being equal...and a wins a win...but that Cavs game doesn't have me feeling overly confident. Yet.

TakMan

Rotation player
One of the positives of that losing streak was that the Knicks mainly lost to under .500 teams. This was a consequence of many factors none of which involved the quality of our roster. If I was to get my way of course the Knicks would have won all those games however if I was to pick between holding a post-trade winning record over the .500+ teams or the .500- teams I would definitely pick the former. Being able to consistently beat winning teams would allow us to eventually bring that quality and determination to the theoretically lesser teams. This has happened of late. I do think that the losing streak may have woken the team up just in time for the playoffs. We've started to bring more hustle to our game and everyone is slowly finding their place on the court. In hindsight this losing streak was definitely no tragedy.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I agree that we learn most by our mistakes... However, we need to learn... If they come out and put piss poor effort on D and are not held accountable, then those losses did nothing.

We play well yesterday with the exception of a quarter. We need to keep building on our team defense.

STAT1

Starter
If that was the worst stretch of play this team will ever see then I'm glad we got it over with.