I Like Billups!

Red

TYPE-A
We need this dude in order to win come playoffs.

If anything it's glaringly obvious this is his ship (and i don't want to put too much pressure on him- but i know he can handle it).

Previous 10 Games APG5.6 PPG17.8

Shooting 41%.

Thank goodness his injury isn't as bad as the last.

Vs TOR he dropped 13 & 9

CLE 23 & 7

NJ 33 & 6 (against Williams)

ORL 17 & 6

All important wins. He's worth what Donnie says he's worth.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How could you not like Billups? He struggled after that injury against Howard, but leg injuries effect every part of your game! We've all been there.

I really hope his injury's minor and only keeps him out against Indiana.

We need him back, even in limited minutes, against Chicago and Boston for the sake of more of that jelling we so critically need.

I agree with Crazy on that one. Great thread too. His numbers wern't anything to write home about tonight, but while Billups ran the offense for 3 quarters? Our offense was smooth, ball movement was excellent & we were dominating the game & up I believe 13 when Billups went down. After Billups got hurt? The offense wasn't the same. Ball movement stopped. The team felt the effects of losing Billups & it became a mental block. They cut the lead down to 1 point. Billups has played his ass of & if we have any dreams of serioulsy contending... Billups must be 100%. We need Billups back for CHI & BOS to shake off any rust that could follow.

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;173067 said:
How could you not like Billups? He struggled after that injury against Howard, but leg injuries effect every part of your game! We've all been there.

I really hope his injury's minor and only keeps him out against Indiana.

We need him back, even in limited minutes, against Chicago and Boston for the sake of more of that jelling we so critically need.

Don't know... smoking drugs?:no:

STAT1

Starter
We need to rest him as much as possible leading into the playoffs to make sure his knee isn't an issue. On the other hand he needs to gain that chemistry w/his teammates & that can only happen by playing minutes. Hopefully banging that knee tonight isn't gonna hamper him much the rest of the way, if the Knicks want to get anywhere in the playoffs this year it's absolutely essential that Chauncey is able to perform at a high level.

Red

TYPE-A
We need to rest him as much as possible leading into the playoffs to make sure his knee isn't an issue. On the other hand he needs to gain that chemistry w/his teammates & that can only happen by playing minutes. Hopefully banging that knee tonight isn't gonna hamper him much the rest of the way, if the Knicks want to get anywhere in the playoffs this year it's absolutely essential that Chauncey is able to perform at a high level.

I almost feel like saying the trade deadline is "the half way point" is a blatant lie. Its more like the 2 quarter mark. There was what- 20 something games left? I hope they can work on this, making the tdl and allstar game a bit earlier, leaving teams time to gel after making moves.

But yeah he said he was good, I expect a rest for NJ Friday for him and Stat, and we NEED that 2nd unit to develop into a force during these last few days.

Nothing sucks more than chemistry issues f*cking things up when we go to our bench. Good opportunity here.

Red... How can you "blame MDA" for the Knicks blowing a 19 point lead in the MDA thread, but yet, praise Billups as the player & leader he is? Anyone who watched the game knew why we blew the lead; and it had nothing to do with MDA & everything to do with the team as a whole. MDA cant run the PG position bud.

Anything to credit the players when the team is up & blame "the coach" when the team is down. Happens all the time.

You also stated last night wasn't a great win, when I made it known it was a great win. We came up CLUTCH during the closing minutes/seconds of the game during a time where we without our offensive leader in Billups running the Point. We went into Philly & beat a Philly team that has an outstanding record @ home. We're on our 1st 5 game win streak under Melo. We took back the 6th seed. Our defense played great on the road. It was a great win.

Red

TYPE-A
Red... How can you "blame MDA" for the Knicks blowing a 19 point lead in the MDA thread, but yet, praise Billups as the player & leader he is? Anyone who watched the game knew why we blew the lead; and it had nothing to do with MDA & everything to do with the team as a whole. MDA cant run the PG position bud.

Anything to credit the players when the team is up & blame "the coach" when the team is down. Happens all the time.

You also stated last night wasn't a great win, when I made it known it was a great win. We came up CLUTCH during the closing minutes/seconds of the game during a time where we without our offensive leader in Billups running the Point. We went into Philly & beat a Philly team that has an outstanding record @ home. We're on our 1st 5 game win streak under Melo. We took back the 6th seed. Our defense played great on the road. It was a great win.

I didn't blame coach for almost blowing the lead. Not his fault our floor leader got hurt.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I will keep this on topic instead of derailing and trolling like others did in my thread about Billups.

I'm not sure how anyone can post 5.6 APG(its actually 5.2 with 2.1 TO's) as a good thing from a PG in this system who has 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league to feed. That is my main issue and all we can really expect from Billups if you look at his historical tendencies. I also have to point out that Billups was getting abused by Holiday off the dribble last night and only had 3 points and a big fat ZERO assists before being injured. Add in his 14 mil contract and I'm not sure how anyone could advocate Billups as our PG moving forward. He is locked in this year but it is imperative that we use his contract in a trade or buy him out next year in order to fill more important needs than a score first PG. Billups brings leadership and an above average 3 point shot and there is no denying that but with limited cap flexibility it is all about priorities. I submit that priority number one is getting a a PG who can maximize our stars and priority number two is to find a center who can rebound/defend. Billups 14million contract next year makes that nearly impossible.

That said, I hope Billups can OVERACHIEVE beyond his historical numbers and comes back healthy for the playoffs. The Knicks have a thin roster and need him playing his best to have any shot in the post season so lets hope he can recover quickly. I do not dislike Billups personally and I respect his achievements, I just maintain that he is not the the right PG for this roster especially at 14 mil a year.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
I will keep this on topic instead of derailing and trolling like others did in my thread about Billups.

I'm not sure how anyone can post 5.6 APG(its actually 5.2 with 2.1 TO's) as a good thing from a PG in this system who has 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league to feed. That is my main issue and all we can really expect from Billups if you look at his historical tendencies. I also have to point out that Billups was getting abused by Holiday off the dribble last night and only had 3 points and a big fat ZERO assists before being injured. Add in his 14 mil contract and I'm not sure how anyone could advocate Billups as our PG moving forward. He is locked in this year but it is imperative that we use his contract in a trade or buy him out next year in order to fill more important needs than a score first PG. Billups brings leadership and an above average 3 point shot and there is no denying that but with limited flexibility it is all about priorities. I submit that priority number one is getting a a PG who can maximize our stars and priority number two is to find a center who can rebound/defend. Billups 14million contract next year makes that nearly impossible.

That said, I hope Billups can OVERACHIEVE beyond his historical numbers and comes back healthy for the playoffs. The Knicks have a thin roster and need him playing his best to have any shot in the post season so lets hope he can recover quickly. I do not dislike Billups personally and I respect his achievements, I just maintain that he is not the the right PG for this roster especially at 14 mil a year.

His poise and leadership are invaluable. Its the Derek Jeter effect.

The "W"'s say it all.

If we are comparing Billups -vs- Felton contractaully, talent going forward, fitting into the system etc... I totally understand your points.

Felton fits my formula "younger-cheaper-better"- I get that.

BUT in reality making the playoffs (this year) with Felt would warrant questions. Can he handle the pressure, his matchups with the better pg's etc...?

With Billups (this year) its safe to assume, not only can he perform stat wise on par with Felt, but those grace under fire questions aren't there with Billups (even with his age 34).

I think I'm saying, once CB got the offense down, we are MORE confident in him. Having a repoire with Melo doesn't hurt either.

nyk_nyk

All Star

It was a great win in terms of record and seeding but definitely not a good win performance wise. The top teams, unilke PHI, will figure out a way to regain and hold the lead.

Those clutch shots you speak of is fine but you don't want to have to make those to win games, especially in the playoffs where every game is vital.

Red

TYPE-A
It was a great win in terms of record and seeding but definitely not a good win performance wise. The top teams, unilke PHI, will figure out a way to regain and hold the lead.

Those clutch shots you speak of is fine but you don't want to have to make those to win games, especially in the playoffs where every game is vital.

Co-sign.

A good win, not a quality one.

And that changed when we lost a leader in CB. Had he remained, it would've been a route

nyk_nyk

All Star

I'm not sure how anyone can post 5.6 APG(its actually 5.2 with 2.1 TO's) as a good thing from a PG in this system who has 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league to feed. That is my main issue and all we can really expect from Billups if you look at his historical tendencies. I also have to point out that Billups was getting abused by Holiday off the dribble last night and only had 3 points and a big fat ZERO assists before being injured. Add in his 14 mil contract and I'm not sure how anyone could advocate Billups as our PG moving forward. He is locked in this year but it is imperative that we use his contract in a trade or buy him out next year in order to fill more important needs than a score first PG. Billups brings leadership and an above average 3 point shot and there is no denying that but with limited cap flexibility it is all about priorities. I submit that priority number one is getting a a PG who can maximize our stars and priority number two is to find a center who can rebound/defend. Billups 14million contract next year makes that nearly impossible.

Just about everyone agrees that 14 mil is too much for Billups so can you PLEASE put that to rest now???

So now your using this ONE game and referencing his stats before leaving for an injury to help validate your point? Funny dude.

Did you even watch the game last night or did you just wake up to ESPN and study the box score? TD is clearly nowhere near ready to be a starting pg. If he isn't scoring, he has no clue how to run a smooth offense. That being said, I'm all for Billups being our pg at the most 1 or 2 more years (for a smaller salary).

I guess you'd prefer to have Duhon back since he passes the ball but would also be a liabilty on offense in crunch time. lol

Give it up TR1LL1ON. How about you take notes of his stats & list them during the games he was healthy. MIL, MIA, ORL & our last 5 games? Because it proves that fans who support Billups support him because he's a good PG. Felton was gone no matter what for Melo. Denver hated the idea of losing Billups. I'm thankful we stole him away as a piece that may have not been there. It was the Knicks who forced DEN to up their offer with Billups.

Forget "stats". Anyone who watched the game last night loved the ball movement & we only had 2 turnovers last night. Once Billups went out? The offense started to struggle like never before & even blew a huge lead.

Stop talking about his contract. He earned that contract from DEN due to his greatness with Detroit. Has nothing to do with the Knicks. Has Melo signed an extension with NY? Yes. Thats a NYK contract for Melo. Has NY extended the contract of Billups? My point exactly bro. No team will ever give a 35 year old PG 14-15 Million per. Thats damn near a MAX contract.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Give it up TR1LL1ON. How about you take notes of his stats & list them during the games he was healthy. MIL, MIA, ORL & our last 5 games? Because it proves that fans who support Billups support him because he's a good PG. Felton was gone no matter what for Melo. Denver hated the idea of losing Billups. I'm thankful we stole him away as a piece that may have not been there. It was the Knicks who forced DEN to up their offer with Billups.

Forget "stats". Anyone who watched the game last night loved the ball movement & we only had 2 turnovers last night. Once Billups went out? The offense started to struggle like never before & even blew a huge lead.

Stop talking about his contract. He earned that contract from DEN due to his greatness with Detroit. Has nothing to do with the Knicks. Has Melo signed an extension with NY? Yes. Thats a NYK contract for Melo. Has NY extended the contract of Billups? My point exactly bro. No team will ever give a 35 year old PG 14-15 Million per. Thats damn near a MAX contract.

"Forget stats" Okay dude. :thumbsup: Stats mean nothing...:teeth:

Did you actually read what I wrote? Can you actually dispute a single thing I said besides somehow asserting that stats aren't important? Further I did post his stats when healthy and pointed out his 3 points on 1-7 shooting with 1 TO and ZERO assists prior to him being injured(healthy) in last nights game. We get it, you like Billups and that is fine but I did not state a single thing that was not FACTUAL.

P.S. I will continue to talk about his contract since he is vastly overpaid for the production he brings. Further we have limited cap flexibility and it does not matter who inked the contract, the KNICKS and their limited cap are the ones responsible for paying it! The fact that you agree that a 35 year old PG with limited production should not get anywhere near MAX money is one of my main points so I'm not sure why you are arguing! Reread my post as I clearly state I am talking about what should be done AFTER this year moving forward. I have already made this crystal clear in multiple posts to you yet it seems you are still hellbent on continuing to talk passed one of the only posters left on this site you have yet to alienate! :barf:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Just about everyone agrees that 14 mil is too much for Billups so can you PLEASE put that to rest now???

So now your using this ONE game and referencing his stats before leaving for an injury to help validate your point? Funny dude.

Did you even watch the game last night or did you just wake up to ESPN and study the box score? TD is clearly nowhere near ready to be a starting pg. If he isn't scoring, he has no clue how to run a smooth offense. That being said, I'm all for Billups being our pg at the most 1 or 2 more years (for a smaller salary).

I guess you'd prefer to have Duhon back since he passes the ball but would also be a liabilty on offense in crunch time. lol

My points are clear and I don't need to validate them by using those stats from last night but it was worth pointing out. Didn't you point out his one game when he got 9 assists? Do you think 3 points and ZERO assists through 2+ quarters is acceptable? Had we not been shooting lights out or had Philly not been missing so much that kind of production could have really hurt us. Yes it's one game but fits in an overall pattern of Billups entire career.

I watched the entire game and further never made any mention of TD nor Duhon. Can you actually respond to what I write instead of making up strawman arguments to debate? It's ridiculous how you cannot respond in a thoughtful way on what is actually written and would rather go off on tangents about things you yourself made up in your head.

The fact that you admit Billups is not worth the money he is making is validation enough of my points. Hoping he will somehow be amenable to being bought out, losing 11+ million dollars only to turn around and resign for less money with the team that just effed him on his money is an unknowable long shot that highlights the flaw in your line of thinking. It would be akin to me making a wild unknowable assertion that CP3 and Howard will restructure their deals and take less money to play for the Knicks and using that as a blueprint for moving forward.

nyk_nyk

All Star
My points are clear and I don't need to validate them by using those stats from last night but it was worth pointing out. Didn't you point out his one game when he got 9 assists? Do you think 3 points and ZERO assists through 2+ quarters is acceptable? Had we not been shooting lights out or had Philly not been missing so much that kind of production could have really hurt us. Yes it's one game but fits in an overall pattern of Billups entire career.

I watched the entire game and further never made any mention of TD nor Duhon. Can you actually respond to what I write instead of making up strawman arguments to debate? It's ridiculous how you cannot respond in a thoughtful way on what is actually written and would rather go off on tangents about things you yourself made up in your head.

The fact that you admit Billups is not worth the money he is making is validation enough of my points. Hoping he will somehow be amenable to being bought out, losing 11+ million dollars only to turn around and resign for less money with the team that just effed him on his money is an unknowable long shot that highlights the flaw in your line of thinking. It would be akin to me making a wild unknowable assertion that CP3 and Howard will restructure their deals and take less money to play for the Knicks and using that as a blueprint for moving forward.

I swear your a f***** retard. You constantly try to control the way anyone responds to your posts. I reponded to what was written with no problem and when I was done added what you act ike you'd prefer instead based on all your rants about passing over scoring. Relevent? Absolutely!

I've come to the conclusion that your not a true sports fan, but rather a wanna be master debater posing as one. The casual sports fan talks about issues and sometimes veer into other areas that are related. You wanna turn everything into debate class 101 and try to make everything perfect. That's not the reality when a bunch of people with their varied opinions discuss sports.

Your a NERD trying to act like you know the game. Trust me, I know your type. Your perfect debate preferences (which by the way are always based on opinion) are better suited on a world affairs site.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I swear your a f***** retard. You constantly try to control the way anyone responds to your posts. I reponded to what was written with no problem and when I was done added what you act ike you'd prefer instead based on all your rants about passing over scoring. Relevent? Absolutely!

I've come to the conclusion that your not a true sports fan, but rather a wanna be master debater posing as one. The casual sports fan talks about issues and sometimes veer into other areas that are related. You wanna turn everything into debate class 101 and try to make everything perfect. That's not the reality when a bunch of people with their varied opinions discuss sports.

Your a NERD trying to act like you know the game. Trust me, I know your type. Your perfect debate preferences (which by the way are always based on opinion) are better suited on a world affairs site.

You're ma ma ma maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I'm nerd? As in smart, thanks. You are a dummy who TRIES to DEBATE but FAILS therefore must deflect and attack.

I don't try to control you. I merely point out your flaws in the hopes to elevate the discussion. Sadly dummies as yourself look at intellect, facts, stats and proper debate etiquette as somehow a bad thing. Proper debate etiquette is not something to be scoffed at and is necessary when discussing or debating on a DISCUSSION FORUM in order to properly get your point across. Hence why you constantly fail and come across as a junior high school dropout. SMFH

Oh and allow me to educate you another concept that obviosuly alludes you...IRONY. It IRONIC that you accuse me of trying to control what you post AFTER the following exchange between us in another thread:

Why is it so difficult for you to at least point out the fact that a play should have been run from the bench ie COACH. Dantoni did nothing. Not even a timeout to get the troops together while PHI was on that crazy run. IS it not the coach's job, especially when our starter goes down, to help facilitate things with a few plays?

I was talking about Amare and our lack of a playmaking PG. If you wish to talk about the coach you are free to do so. Stop trying to tell me what I should post and do you dude.

Since I'm sure you are too stupid to see why this is IRONIC allow me to explain. You are accusing me of the very thing I pointed out that you were doing...hence the IRONY.

I hope you are writing this all down as it may help you if you want to change careers from your current crash test dummy job.

CrashTestDummy-2-8544b.jpg

^^nyk_nyk frustrated at his computer after trying to debate me:teeth::teeth:

D
U
M
M
Y

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I like billups. He's a good guard with a good pedigree. He takes responsibility and never shy's from the important game or shot or decision.

I don't think he's worth the 14 mill. but then i don't think ANYONE is worth 14 million dollars a year. Billups would be smart to stay with the knicks, regardless of making 14 million or taking a more reasonable 2 year 10 million dollar contract. I think the knicks will keep him as i expect that the run we make this playoffs will be enough for EVERYONE to want melo, billups and amar'e to play together for a while.