Hawks getting hammered

miked1958

Rotation player
88-72 end of 3rd period. The Wizards are laying the wood to them. SO, as already stated in other threads. if we win out and they lose out we wind up with the same record 44-38. Am I right to think that we hold the tiebreakers and take the 5th seed. Although i think we match up better against the celts and heat for some reason.

Also on a side note. .. And before you all jump on me, i already posted in the General Sports Forum, but it seems no one goes in there. lol
The Rangers are also on the Verge of being playoff bound. They are 20minutes away from the postseason. They beat the devils in the afternoon 5-2 and need the Canes to lose tonight to TB in order to secure a postseason spot. Well the 3rd period is about to get underway and the Lighting hold a 4-1 lead. GO KNICKS_ GO RANGERS

Last edited:
88-72 end of 3rd period. The Wizards are laying the wood to them. SO, as already stated in other threads. if we win out and they lost out we wind up with the same record 44-38. Am I right to think that we hold the tiebreakers and take the 5th seed. Although i think we match up better against the celts and heat for some reason.

Also on a side note. .. And before you all jump on me, i already posted in the General Sports Forum, but it seems no one goes in there. lol
The Rangers are also on the Verge of being playoff bound. They are 20minutes away from the postseason. They beat the devils in the afternoon 5-2 and need the Canes to lose tonight to TB in order to secure a postseason spot. Well the 3rd period is about to get underway and the Lighting hold a 4-1 lead. GO KNICKS_ GO RANGERS
We have to verse Miami even if it means throwing the Boston game,we have no one to contain Howard and for some reason Jameer Nelson looks like Reggie Miller when we play Orlando.

miked1958

Rotation player
Yes you are right. He does seem like Reggie when playing against us with all the 3balls in pours in. Also Dhoward would eat us up inside. Heat, Celts then Magic as last resort. Hey, at least we are having these types of conversations this late in a season. When was the last time that happened. 04...

Well I was the first one who made it known (if we win out) we'd be able to catch ATL when they were up 4.5. I got "called out" for mentioning that though. We beat Philly to make it 4. We beat NJ & they lost to Indy to make it 3 last night. Now their on a 3 game losing streak. About to be 4 L's in a row. Down to 2.5 after tonight. If we beat Indy it's down to 2. Then, after MIA beats em & if we can beat CHI it's down to 1 with 1 game left. We'll both have the same DIV record but they'll have the better Conf record so I think they have the 5 seed locked. We split 2-2 thought.

Also... I could care less how weak & great they are @ the Center position; LeBron, Wade & Bosh over Howard all day. KG, Pierce, Allen & Rondo over Howard & Nelson all day. BOS & MIA are both much better than Orlando.

Unless Dwight puts up 30 & 20 every night ORL ain't beating NY. They'll have no answer for Billups, Amare, Melo or TD23. I live in FL, watch em play all the time... Their overrated. Richardson, JJ & Turk don't scare me.

miked1958

Rotation player
Wow they lost 115-82.. 32point defeat. Whats up with them>? 4 losses in a row. If we catch them or not, who would have thought a month or so back that we would even be in the playoffs let alone going in a much hotter team that is gaining confidence rather then like the hawks who all of a sudden are getting beat and beat bad. Are they missing alot of key players or something.

I think the only player they've been playing without is Josh Smith. I have no idea why he hasn't been playing though.

I think if we finish with the same record, head to head & div records... It goes to Conf right? They have us there. I'd still love to finish with the same record as ATL; just to know we tied for the 5th seed (Split 2-2).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I want to get the highest seed possible. Not because of match-ups. I want it because I want us to be in a higher rank. I don't fear any team.

miked1958

Rotation player
I think ESPN said that the top of bracket was set

I think the only player they've been playing without is Josh Smith. I have no idea why he hasn't been playing though.

I think if we finish with the same record, head to head & div records... It goes to Conf right? They have us there. I'd still love to finish with the same record as ATL; just to know we tied for the 5th seed (Split 2-2).
CHI vs IND is a lock and they also said ATL and ORL was also set in stone. the only thing left to be decided according to ESPN was the philly NY battle for 6th or 7th and the Heat celts battle for 2nd and 3rd (they have same record and play each other Sun but Boston won 1st 3games) So its prob right that ATL has tiebreaker over us or they would have said that there was a chance we could overtake them if we won out and they lose out. So its only a matter of what happens to celts heat philly and us as to who plays who over last 3games

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Well I was the first one who made it known (if we win out) we'd be able to catch ATL when they were up 4.5. I got "called out" for mentioning that though. We beat Philly to make it 4. We beat NJ & they lost to Indy to make it 3 last night. Now their on a 3 game losing streak. About to be 4 L's in a row. Down to 2.5 after tonight. If we beat Indy it's down to 2. Then, after MIA beats em & if we can beat CHI it's down to 1 with 1 game left. We'll both have the same DIV record but they'll have the better Conf record so I think they have the 5 seed locked. We split 2-2 thought.

Also... I could care less how weak & great they are @ the Center position; LeBron, Wade & Bosh over Howard all day. KG, Pierce, Allen & Rondo over Howard & Nelson all day. BOS & MIA are both much better than Orlando.

Unless Dwight puts up 30 & 20 every night ORL ain't beating NY. They'll have no answer for Billups, Amare, Melo or TD23. I live in FL, watch em play all the time... Their overrated. Richardson, JJ & Turk don't scare me.
We dont match up well with Orlando at all.. We had a tough time beating them with Jameer Nelson out the other week.. they are a thorn in our sides.. we need to hope someone takes Orlando out.. The Heat and BOS are better teams.. But we matchup terribly against them .. Orlando is a team we cannot beat in a 7 game series.. The Heat and Bos series are tough but winnable IMO.. Like u said in the other thread, KG, Pierce and Allen are all averaging like 15 a game.. they dont really have any true superstars.. Rondo is one of the most overated players in the league. and they traded their center.. Our game plan against BOS should be to let Rondo take alot of shots.. because he sucks as a scorer true story.. Overrated like hell..Orlando is the worst matchup for our team out of all teams in Eastern Confernce

Last edited:
Orlando is an overrated team & I could care less if they have Dwight because Wade of MIA is also a huge advantage over a rookie Fields. ORL isn't on the same level as BOS, CHI or even MIA. I live in FL & see how ORL fans aren't happy with their TEAM.

We've competed against ORL twice since the trade. We had no team chemistry during the 1st meeting after the trade (3rd game) & had them dead to right until we fell off the face of the earth during the entire 4th quarter. Played great D for 3 Q's. We also beat them last time we played, Nelson or no Nelson... We compete with the Magic.

We actually match up great against Orlando. The playoffs are all about Star-Power. Billups, Melo & Amare just become way too much for Howard to handle during the playoffs. Howard averages 23 & 14. Unless he averages 30 & 18 during the playoffs; ORL won't eliminate us. Turiaf, Shelden, JJ, Shawne & Brown will also give it all they have against Howard, foul him & send him to the line; where he SUCKS as a FT shooter. "Hack-A-Dwight"

Nelson is also the most overrated PG around. TD23 is much more effective. Nelson only averages 13 & 6 as a starter with the BEST C around! He's above average & Billups dominates Nelson come playoff time. The heart, smarts, playoff warrior pride & championship experience of CB4 would over-match Nelson come playoff time. Nelson folds all the time.

Richarson, JJ Redick, Q-Rich, Arenas & Nelson are nothing more than 3 point shooters. They live or die by the 3. We also have some very good 3 point shooters here in NY with Billups, Melo, TD23, Walker & Shawne. Even Fields can drill the three.

Amare will DOMINATE the young Bass who only averages 11.4 on BOTH sides of the ball. Q-Rich only averages 4.3 off the bench. JJ Redick averages 10.0 off the bench. He's like Gallo; Hot & Cold. (TD23 over Arenas as our 6th man) Melo will MAN-HANDLE Turk @ SF all series long. Turk only averages 10.1. Richarson is their only real scoring option behind Dwight. J-Rich averages 15.6 & I'm sorry; but he's no Wade or Allen.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ good lord Queens...there is so much wrong with those above two posts. Give me a moment.

Not *everything* has to be cheerleader'd into the ground to make us look so anointed n great.

*you compare Wade to Dwight...holmes, Wade won't be getting guarded by just Fields...Billups, Melo, etc. Nobody in the crew who will be going up against Dwight can hold a candle; and moreover, our 4 is the weakest position we have defensively, and the 5 is possibly the weakest position in the entire NBA.

*you compare Nelson, Richardson, Arenas to being nothing more than 3pointers? Kinda like Gallo, right? Smh, :whack:

Nelson is one of the best at driving to the rim, its his bread and butter; yes, he is also a ~.400 three pt shooter.

Arenas loves to attack the paint; in fact, it's one of his drawbacks in that he can so it so much he dominates the ball and loses his handle.

Richardson is an all-star type player, with multiple 20+ pt season, and a great rebounder in his own right who is practically a sf playing the 2.He's actually not too dissimilar to Fields...just much, much better.

*you copying points/game stats and acting like it's scripture. Brandon Bass, who you clearly know little of...whether you watch ORL games or not, is playing 25mpg to those 11pts, if very efficient, and is a deadly big from mid range and from the line, and plays D.

What do you think the pt/g are of most the players on our team? Including your hero, Douglas?

Smh so hard at you running down points per game so cavalier like.

With zero clue as to the players, how they match up, or how they work as a *team*.

:whack: