5th Seed

NY17

Benchwarmer
Mathematically...yes. Realistically...probably not. I really want a Heat vs Knicks 1st round anyway..

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Hawks already clinched the 5th seed from what I understand. Because they will still have the tie breaker over the Knicks. Because I believe they will have a better record against the East then the Knicks do. Which is what the NBA does next to break ties after head to head match ups.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
No, we wouldn't get the 5 seed because it would come down to who has the better record against teams in the conference.

If they lost their last two they'd be 29-21 against E. Conf. teams.

If we lost our last two we'd be 29-22 against E. Conf. teams.

If they were in our division the tie breaker would go to the team who has the better record against teams within the division. They aren't obviously, so the tie breaker scenario is the one above.

We wouldn't get the five seed people.

* Edit

The above is wrong. It is possible to get the 5th seed. Damn basketball sites need to update their standings.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mathematically...yes. Realistically...probably not. I really want a Heat vs Knicks 1st round anyway..

I did originally want the same.

After watching Boston get rogered by Miami today I think I've changed my tune. Chicago and The Heat both ripped apart Boston's offence by shutting out Ray Allen. I watched both games and it was really effective.

Rondo is slumping horribly as well. Hard to understand really. Anyway, it can't go without saying that Boston's offensive woes are beyond our defensive ones the way we've been playing of late defensively.

I think that unless they respond to some sort of gut check, we can upset them. Especially with SHAQ out and Jeff Green's presence not going according to plan for them.

Stop their 1 & 2 spots and convert offensively and we are a legitimate threat to the ageing, frustrated d**k hole Celts.

NO the 4-5 and 1-8 seeds are locked up for the playoffs right now ( CHI vs IND and ATL vs ORL the only two seedings to be determined are the 2-3 and 6-7 slots espn reported that the knicks have to win the next game to lock up the sixth seed since there are only two game left on the schedule and we have a half game lead on the sixers

NY17

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;174071 said:
I did originally want the same.

After watching Boston get rogered by Miami today I think I've changed my tune. Chicago and The Heat both ripped apart Boston's offence by shutting out Ray Allen. I watched both games and it was really effective.

Rondo is slumping horribly as well. Hard to understand really. Anyway, it can't go without saying that Boston's offensive woes are beyond our defensive ones the way we've been playing of late defensively.

I think that unless they respond to some sort of gut check, we can upset them. Especially with SHAQ out and Jeff Green's presence not going according to plan for them.

Stop their 1 & 2 spots and convert offensively and we are a legitimate threat to the ageing, frustrated d**k hole Celts.

I don't buy this Celtics are in trouble stuff the media is saying. The same thing happened last year, these veterans will turn it on in the playoffs. There are some major flaws on this Knicks team come playoff time against any of the upper echelon teams we have the potential of facing, so I will just be a fan of exciting basketball and hope for a series against the Heat.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
hope we can win out, or at least one of the next 2 we need as much momentum going into the playoffs as possible. but i honestly want either the celtics or heat. although i have a gut we play the celtics and we'll do way better then people think. this team is just starting to gel and will/can only get better for the playoffs

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
This might sound crazy but the Magic are the team Iam most scared of due to Dwight Howard. No one on the knicks can even remotely guard him and jameer nelson is a knick killer, and we cant get the 5th seed anyway cuz if we win out and atl loses out they still have a better conference record then we do so thank god.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
doesn't really matter to me i just really wanna face em though, for what reason unno loll, i just really hate em.

and crazy ima kinda steal that sig loll.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

+1 While it would be nice to jump up another spot in the seeding, I rather stay at 6th or even drop to 7th if we have to, just to play Miami. It would be a hell of a series IMO, stars like Melo, LeBron, STAT, Wade all going at it, reigniting a great rivalry from the 90's.

la2ny

Starter
do-not-want-dog.jpg