8 Potential games against the Celtics coming up

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
If we play these dudes hard then we can win this series, nothing will New York stand up more than a upset of the Celtics in the first round, hell if they make it a competitive seven game series that'll make us stand up shit I just hope they don't get swept

Nevertheless.....

Boston delande est

Sage

Rotation player
I hate both Boston and Miami, would have rathered us face the Heat in the first round but it looks like it'll be Boston.

Fine by me, revenge is needed for this (see attached):

Absolutely classless, hopefully the Knicks coaching staff play this before every match as motivation.

Attachments

• pierce.jpg
    pierce.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
Can you imagine how sweet it would be to eliminate them?

It would probably be the end of their 'era', if they ever had one, and the beginning of a new era - the New York Knicks era.

I think we have a chance if Shaq is out. Let's all pray the big fella can't play.

Kiyaman

Legend
Doc Rivers would quit coaching if Dantoni beat him in a playoff series.
Boston is a much weaker team than Miami, especially after Boston
gave up their strong contender depth chart on the bench in Tony
Allen, Daniels, and energy Nate.
When Boston traded 3-centers on the trade deadline, including their
starting center Sam Perkins whom they won a Championship with.....
they gave up their rights to be contenders in the FINALS.

But still......
Boston & Miami have several athletic strategies (DEFENSE) to SWEEP
my poor Knicks under the silly coaching of celebrity coach Damnphony.

The high marketing of "Amare & Melo" will make the Knicks have the
highest-rating first-round series team vs either Boston or Miami.
The next highest-rating first-round series team will be OKC vs Denver.
NBA Stern would like for these two series to go 7 games.....Damnphony
would have to give the coaching over to Mr. Chauncy Billups for that
to happen.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The new Cato

If we play these dudes hard then we can win this series, nothing will New York stand up more than a upset of the Celtics in the first round, hell if they make it a competitive seven game series that'll make us stand up shit I just hope they don't get swept

Nevertheless.....

Boston delande est[/quote]

I am impressed with your knowledge of Roman history. But there is a slight mistake. Cato the Elder's constant refrain was "Carthago delende est."

p0nder

Starter
^Yeah **** delonte west! :D

honestly tho, after watching the collapse against the heat last night and their poor showing against chicago I am no longer worried about facing the celtics in the playoffs, 1st round or otherwise. i am itching for next weekend to get here already. Who ever we face will be facing one of the hottest teams in the league with some of the best stars in the modern era.

mafra

Legend
We wont even try the last game on Wed. We've already ensured we'll finish above .500 (42-40 at worst). Amar'e will return TUE, as we play our final reg. season home game. Melo and the boys will go all out to beat the #1 record in the NBA. If we win that game, we've locked up the 6th seed. Rest on Wed. Maybe play a quarter or something.

If MIA loses in ATL, then there is a chance BOS moves ahead of them. I can see BOS winning their final 2 games. Beat us. Win on the road in WASH.

Still, let's just say MIA beat ATL and then TOR.

PHI has 2 home games (ORL, DET). IF PHI beats ORL and we lose to CHI... We'll be tied with the Sixers. We win the tiebreaker. They'll beat DET. SO, let's say PHI beats ORL, we lose to CHI and MIA beats ATL. Knicks can safely assume MIA will be the 2 seed... So, we'll find out right there on WED who we prefer to play.

Either we go all out to beat BOS, which means we'll face BOS in the first round. OR, we play the subs and rest the big-3... Knowing a loss means we face BOS.

Who knows. They probably don't care, and even if they prefer to play MIA... we don't want to risk giving BOS a look before the series begins. THEN AGAIN, BOS might feel the same way. Perchance they prefer to face PHI. What shuold they do?

They may go all out to beat us, knocking us back to the 7th seed?

Interesting stuff.

IF WE DO FACE BOSTON. IT WILL BE LIKE 1990 all over again, when we ended the Bird era with a sweet 3 game sweep (after falling behind 2 games to none).

It would be nice to shutt he door on this BOS squad. Indeed! For sure!!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We wont even try the last game on Wed. We've already ensured we'll finish above .500 (42-40 at worst). Amar'e will return TUE, as we play our final reg. season home game. Melo and the boys will go all out to beat the #1 record in the NBA. If we win that game, we've locked up the 6th seed. Rest on Wed. Maybe play a quarter or something.

If MIA loses in ATL, then there is a chance BOS moves ahead of them. I can see BOS winning their final 2 games. Beat us. Win on the road in WASH.

PHI has 2 home games (ORL, DET). IF PHI beats ORL and we lose to CHI... We'll be tied with the Sixers. We win the tiebreaker. They'll beat DET. SO, let's say PHI beats ORL, we lose to CHI and MIA beats ATL. Knicks can safely assume MIA will be the 2 seed... So, we'll find out right there on WED who we prefer to play.

Either we go all out to beat BOS, which means we'll face BOS in the first round. OR, we play the subs and rest the big-3... Knowing a loss means we face BOS.

Who knows. They probably don't care, and even if they prefer to play MIA... we don't want to risk giving BOS a look before the series begins. THEN AGAIN, BOS might feel the same way. Perchance they prefer to face PHI. What shuold they do?

Interesting stuff.

IF WE DO FACE BOSTON. IT WILL BE LIKE 1990 all over again, when we ended the Bird era with a sweet 3 game sweep (after falling behind 2 games to none).

Thanks for that post:thumbsup:

Now I know!

Kiyaman

Legend
TWO bads is to many excuses

Can you imagine how sweet it would be to eliminate them?

It would probably be the end of their 'era', if they ever had one, and the beginning of a new era - the New York Knicks era.

I think we have a chance if Shaq is out. Let's all pray the big fella can't play.

Never happen with or without Shaq.

Your video is tight.....but whats wrong with the Video?
The other day, I was waiting in my truck to drop my 14 year ole grandson
and his homeboy off at the movies, I got impatient and yelled, "wha taking u
two F ****ing gurly so long to get your jackets!". I forgot I had my 5 year ole
grandson in the backseat. He roled down the window and yelled out every
word I said clearly.

I watched on the blocks, in the PJ's, in Rikers Island, and upstate penal
system how so many "Suckers" went to "ICU" for inviting the next man
to his DICK.
Rapping about u know.....when just one-word in your rap shows u dont
know shit....is bad temptation for "Kool" lil shorty in the video.
RESPECT
Kiya :smokin:

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
^Yeah **** delonte west! :D

honestly tho, after watching the collapse against the heat last night and their poor showing against chicago I am no longer worried about facing the celtics in the playoffs, 1st round or otherwise. i am itching for next weekend to get here already. Who ever we face will be facing one of the hottest teams in the league with some of the best stars in the modern era.

Actually it means "Boston must be destroyed" but yeah **** him too, actually scratch that anyone that could screw Lebrons mom and make him cry is ok in my book

Toons

is the Bo$$

But still......

to happen.

I think u mean kendrick perkins...
celtics messed up trading perkins...
shaq cant guard amare on the elbow, and will tire shaq out quickly.
once melo and amare shows up, we can make this a good series, maybe even steal the first round.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I don't care who we get. It's about US.

The Celtics won't want to see us in this mood with Melo the smiling assassin so let them worry about us.

We're at the start of our journey and it won't be determined by what we do in these playoffs so sit back and enjoy the ride, we're just getting started!

I think our playoff matchup hinges on tonights Philly/Orl game. The Knicks I'm hoping will sit STAT the last two games. We should lose to Chi & Boston. Leaving uis with 42 wins. If Philly beats Orlando tonight they should beat Detroit the following game. Giving them 43 wins. We'll be the 7th seed playing against Miami.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this is who i wanna face, yea were down 0-3 to them in the regular season but 2 of those losses came with our old squad and we competed in those games and the last came when our new guys were still getting acclimated to the team and system. were red-hot now and we'll surely do some damage to them they lost perkins who gave them every advantage. Shaq and J.O'Neal cant stay in the game long enough to tire our STAT or even contain him. Shit i even doubt KG can do anything to the guy anymore. if we continue our play of late and out superstars can elevate their play in the postseason( whihc the have historically done, and will do ) i see no reason why we cant beat boston in a series.

But still......

to happen.
No way we can go to a 9 man rotation in the Playoffs
The intensity is too strong and players will burn out
In our recent "playoff like" game against 76ers we needed
all 12 men to win.!:thumbsup:

I hope Mike D was watching when Brown was auditioning
against Nets, he showed good defensive prowess, rebounding,
and drew fouls too. :crossfingers:

If we draw Bos in the first round we should use
a Carter/Douglas Combo to disturb their Rondo/Allen back court
with Douglas all over Ray and Carter forcing Rondo to shoot.

Shelden Williams can come up Big in the playoffs
as a banger against Shaq and when Stat is resting we
could use JJ all over KG.

We can have this Bos series is Head-coach Doc Rivers doesn't out coach our coach Mike D.Celtics might lose the last couple of games to face a NYK if Rivers' believed they could win easy, Remember last Year they lost games to avoid a Bucks Squad and drew the Heat who they handled in 5 games
I see we agree:beer:

smokes

Huge Member

Interesting stuff.

Unless the last game is a decider (highly unlikely) I agree we will just play our bench as much as possible... Billups/Melo/Stat 15-20 mpg.

We don't wanna let them get any prep time. Also if it is a deciding game it will be loss = face Miami which I doubt we will be too concerned about. I dunno I have the feeling the Knicks would rather face Boston, even though we as fans are pretty undecided.

These last few days are shaping up real interesting :)

Edit- actually looking at the standings now, if Phi lose and Miami win tonight the matchups are solidified I think.

la2ny

Starter
Im telling you were going to end up playing the Celts...Hope 2 see Melo bow in the middle of TD Garden after hitting the game winner over Pierce on Sat. :gony: