The Celtics are washed up. Agree/Disagree?

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Despite the people who are saying that the Celtics are washed up, I don't believe it. Last season the Celts played .500 basketball late in the season, and still was able to get hot in the playoffs and make it to game 7 of the NBA finals. Of course they are getting much older and don't have the solid Bigs anymore I.E. Perkins, but as long as they have PP, KG, Rondo, and Ray they are going to be tough to beat in my opinion. I think the fact that they are limping into the playoffs this year- Unlike the Heat gives us a better shot to take it in the 1st Round. So I'd much rather play the Celtics than the Heat even though we may match up a little better against the Heat.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Despite the people who are saying that the Celtics are washed up, I don't believe it. Last season the Celts played .500 basketball late in the season, and still was able to get hot in the playoffs and make it to game 7 of the NBA finals. Of course they are getting much older and don't have the solid Bigs anymore I.E. Perkins, but as long as they have PP, KG, Rondo, and Ray they are going to be tough to beat in my opinion. I think the fact that they are limping into the playoffs this year- Unlike the Heat gives us a better shot to take it in the 1st Round. So I'd much rather play the Celtics than the Heat even though we may match up a little better against the Heat.

I really don't know who the knicks should face with their questionable defense.lol But Listen the celtics haven't been playing well for about a month. Yet we lost to them while every team seems to have beaten them once even cleveland, clippers, Etc..I just don't know sometimes the the knicks could be predictable in an unpredictable way, If that make sense.
Either way they are both tough match up wither it be Miami or Boston. I just don't see them making it past the 1st round. But man I hope I'm wrong. Since everybody is predicting we have no chance against anybody. Because of our Notrious No defense style. I don't we'll see what happens. :thumbsup:

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
The playoffs will be a whole different story. The teams that have been their recently are going to step their game up.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Hell no they're not washed up..

The Celtics play on another level in the playoffs. If we get them, we better bring it or we'll be swiffered up, quick.

iSaYughh

Starter
Tough to say if washed up is really the accurate phrase. But I'll buck the tide and say i do think they are washed up.

Tied to them simply being worse.

Part of their collective power, especially in the playoffs, was the cohesion, and unrelenting belief that their starting/best 5 could not beat.

Perkins was a big part of this, as well as being an enforcer and bigtime cog in their defebse.

Prima facie, that trade hurt them and was a step back.

I expect it to be a crippling one too.

If we get anything out of our black abyss of a 5 hole, i guarantee a victory against them.

Pray we face them. D'ant > Rivers. When we face them again MDA will have figured out how to better run their asses around while maximizing our new talent like never before.

My one preplayoff nyk nostradamus scribbling.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Hell no they're not washed up..

The Celtics play on another level in the playoffs. If we get them, we better bring it or we'll be swiffered up, quick.

Agreed. Like others have already said last season they limped into the playoffs playing around .500 ball and turned it on like a light switch from the first game of the first round.

Yes, they dont have Perkins but are still a very deep team. Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Kristic, Big Baby, Troy Murphy are all capable bigs, especially Shaq if healthy can be a problem playing 20 mins a game or so.

They play team defense very well, have playmakers and pieces that fit together well and have no problem playing certain roles or not getting as many shots as the guy next to them. They are a well rounded, veteran team that knows what it takes to win in the playoffs and on the road and are still very capable of winning the East.

Its going to be a tough series, but we do have chance to pull off an epic upset if things go our way and we stay healthy......its going to be very exciting to watch, I cant wait!!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Tough to say if washed up is really the accurate phrase. But I'll buck the tide and say i do think they are washed up.

Part of their collective power, especially in the playoffs, was the cohesion, and unrelenting belief that their starting/best 5 could not beat.

Perkins was a big part of this, as well as being an enforcer and bigtime cog in their defebse.

If we get anything out of our black abyss of a 5 hole, i guarantee a victory against them.

Pray we face them. D'ant > Rivers. When we face them again MDA will have figured out how to better run their asses around while maximizing our new talent like never before.

Keep it G.. You smoked some good shit tnite right?:teeth:

la2ny

Starter
This one is tough, but they aren't washed up. It's just that they seem more vulnerable than in years past. Once Allen and Rondo aren't involved they stink.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
just to respond a little more substantively..

The Celts have retooled and are fresher and more ready than last year. I fear that team like no other in the east. And.. I bet if you asked the Knicks players and coaching staff who they'd least like to play, it'd be them..

Why?

There gonna throw a whole host of bigs at us in Shaq, KG, Nenad (who can ball), big baby and j. Oneal, along w their other 3 stars. Then they have Jeff green coming off the bench who I like... Rondo's better and smarter than ever. And Pierce is in the best shape i've seen him in in a while. That dude is ready this year bro. Allen always in promo condition, but he looks really well rested to me.

If your honestly looking @ the above it becomes clear why I'm really not feeling a series against Boston at all. I will be uber-cautiously optimistic if we get them.

I really, REALLY want Miami. I think we have a better chance at catching them off guard as they really don't have an established playoff identity yet. Plus I think Melo is in Lebron's head a bit having stepped up to relish the biggest stage, forcing his way here in G-like fashion, then subsequently showing he can handle the pressure/ scrutiny easily- eg game f-u type Clutchness..

Lebron looks like a total bitch next to Melo.

I think we'd have some good karma going in if we got Miami.

Against Boston, not so much.

There's just too much experience there..

Those dudes play a supremely high level brand of ball around this time of year. They trust each other and are extremely tough defensively. Can you tell I have a healthy respect for them?

Not saying beating Boston's impossible, but I think we'd fare much better against the skeet.

la2ny

Starter
The Celts have retooled and are fresher and more ready than last year. I fear that team like no other in the east. And.. I bet if you asked the Knicks players and coaching staff who they'd least like to play, it'd be them..

Why?

There gonna throw a whole host of bigs at us in Shaq, KG, Nenad (who can ball), big baby and j. Oneal, along w their other 3 stars. Then they have Jeff green coming off the bench who I like... Rondo's better and smarter than ever. And Pierce is in the best shape i've seen him in in a while. That dude is ready this year bro. Allen always in promo condition, but he looks really well rested to me.

If your honestly looking @ the above it becomes clear why I'm really not feeling a series against Boston at all. I will be uber-cautiously optimistic if we get them.

I really, REALLY want Miami. I think we have a better chance at catching them off guard as they really don't have an established playoff identity yet. Plus I think Melo is in Lebron's head a bit having stepped up to relish the biggest stage, forcing his way here in G-like fashion, then subsequently showing he can handle the pressure/ scrutiny easily- eg game f-u type Clutchness..

Lebron looks like a total bitch next to Melo.

I think we'd have some good karma going in if we got Miami.

Against Boston, not so much.

There's just too much experience there..

Those dudes play a supremely high level brand of ball around this time of year. They trust each other and are extremely tough defensively. Can you tell I have a healthy respect for them?

Not saying beating Boston's impossible, but I think we'd fare much better against the skeet.
Well we have them so were gonna get some experience

petescud

Starter
I'm really excited for the playoffs. I think Boston wants everyone to think they are washed up. The big 4 will shine though, and won't be easy to beat. Pick your poison though in the East

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Absolutely not. They epitomise team basketball. Sure they've been flunking lately, but we've seen what they're capable of. Without Perkins, they've been worse defensively. But they still have the weapons, on both ends, that can get it done.

Old and weary as they might seem, Boston are still a top team in the league.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Strongly disagree. The same thing happened last year at the end of the regular season. They will step up during the Playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Having a great jellin system is far from being washed-up

The Boston Celtics have to much experience along with the best jellin-
chemistry on offense/defense to be washed-up, or a loser in the first-round.
Although, the Celtics are no-longer a deep-playoff team, or the future
champs of the Atlantic Division after this season, they will still be a .500
winning team.

The Boston Celtics defensive-system is probably the best in the NBA,
it's so great in the first-round having fresh-legs it could sweep the 8,
7, 6, and 5th seeded teams with no problem.

Boston bumbing into the Knicks in the first-round of the playoffs is Damn-
sure not a coincidence....not with the big hype on "Amare/Melo/Billups"
marketing still escalating at a high rate. So Boston just happen to bumb-
heads with a high marketing Knick team to (accidently) receive the "highest-
ratings" in the first-round is damn-sure not a coincidence, especially when
the Knicks 3-ball shooting win one of the first 3 games to pick-up the ratings
even higher than the previous games....this is a bussine$$
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

I think the following Celtics are in a slump at the moment:

Rondo
Green
Garnett
Arroyo

Garnett and Rondo will step up during the playoffs.

Jermaine O'Neal looks really old and washed up, Shaq is fat again, injury prone and nothing more than a huge body in the paint these days.

Allen, Pierce and Davis are in good shape at the moment and they are probably the most dangerous players on their roster right now.

Ill call them washed up when they lose the next two years in the 1st or 2nd round

until then

no NBA elite team has ever been washed up in the regular season

take the houston rockets for instance

8th seed in the west, still won a back to back championship over the shaqs magic.

the 92-93 bulls won only 57 games after two back to back 67 win seasons, to dominate the playoffs

take the 91-92 lakers, lost every one but magic, w a rookie center in divac, still made it to the finals.

ITs very hard for winners who play defense in this league to be washed up. you kind of gracefully bow out more than get washed up
i.e. trades, retirements, face changes of the organization, severe injuries to key players.

miked1958

Rotation player
Look guys. We have not been at this level in 7years. Cant we just sit back and Enjoy the fact that we have earned at least 4 extra games this season. Thats a marked improvment over past seasons. Even if we get swept, we took a step in the right direction this year. With that said, Yes Boston has playoff Exp and The Heat do not which is why even though the heat were coming in red hot and celts limping in, i would have prefered playing Miami. However, if we want to have any chance of winning this series, we have to JUMP on them early and not let them get that playoff momentum going. If they come out in first game and destroy us then they will just have that much more confidence and they will say, well its playoff time and we always flip the switch. However, if we go up to Boston and make a statement and take 1 of 2 or sweep them, then that downward spiral they are in could spell their END. We could go on to sweep the series if we can take the HEARTS out of them in Boston