All I wanted to see were signs vs. Bulls

Blumatic

Rotation player
This game was meaningless. Bulls wanted to win and they were at full strength and we weren't.

The first half was great. The Bulls shot 44% from the field. That is fair. Not good and not bad.

This game was a mixed bad. It was 5 min. of good play and 5 min. of bad play.

Lets talk Defense:

Derrick Rose is a bad man. His athleticism is unmatched. He has the best attitude for a young franchise player.

If there was a game two, we have to send this guy one way and not allow him to use use crossover, b/c he will just make people look silly.

When we were down by 21, it was defense that brought is back. And I loved that. We were chasing shooters and when they penetrated we swatted those shots. I was impressed. It should be better but I put that on the coach in terms of schemes.

Offense:

Great offense in 1st half and great when Billups runs it. Waaaaaaay too many 3s. I hope they checked out and tried to get reps up. 30 plus threes is too much. It should be no more than 20.

I though Melo forced things alot of shots. He should show more patience. He should attack the basket but with a defense like that he should penetrate to pass, break down the defense and get a better shot for the team.

There were mistakes made, but these mistakes are easily correctable. We were not outclassed by the Bulls. We played hard but there were mistakes made. And this was a great game to prep us for the playoffs. Study, study, study.

Billups is in playoff mode. Melo is Melo. Not there yet. STAT will be ready. We have a capable bench. Underrated IMO.

Bottom line....mistakes that were made were great lessons learned and they can be easily corrected.

NYK ALL DAY AND TOMORROW!!!

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
This game was meaningless. Bulls wanted to win and they were at full strength and we weren't.

The first half was great. The Bulls shot 44% from the field. That is fair. Not good and not bad.

This game was a mixed bad. It was 5 min. of good play and 5 min. of bad play.

Lets talk Defense:

Derrick Rose is a bad man. His athleticism is unmatched. He has the best attitude for a young franchise player.

If there was a game two, we have to send this guy one way and not allow him to use use crossover, b/c he will just make people look silly.

When we were down by 21, it was defense that brought is back. And I loved that. We were chasing shooters and when they penetrated we swatted those shots. I was impressed. It should be better but I put that on the coach in terms of schemes.

Offense:

Great offense in 1st half and great when Billups runs it. Waaaaaaay too many 3s. I hope they checked out and tried to get reps up. 30 plus threes is too much. It should be no more than 20.

I though Melo forced things alot of shots. He should show more patience. He should attack the basket but with a defense like that he should penetrate to pass, break down the defense and get a better shot for the team.

There were mistakes made, but these mistakes are easily correctable. We were not outclassed by the Bulls. We played hard but there were mistakes made. And this was a great game to prep us for the playoffs. Study, study, study.

Billups is in playoff mode. Melo is Melo. Not there yet. STAT will be ready. We have a capable bench. Underrated IMO.

Bottom line....mistakes that were made were great lessons learned and they can be easily corrected.

NYK ALL DAY AND TOMORROW!!!

All is said to me was, That the knicks are a long way from being elite. The only players that were missing was Amar'e. The knicks will most likely lose to the celtics in 5 or 6 games.
I think not having a big defensive presence in the middle will hurt them. And their terrible defense will most likely catch up to them.
I really would like them to win, But it's always the same thing with the knicks. and it's their defense, and the fact that all they do is rely on Just making three's. Its been the same thing since antoni's been coaching this team.

I really would've like them to beat the bulls. Instead of Just ending the season with a two game losing streak. That's the thing that always bother me about the knicks.That they have never been a great team since 73" Never had that fire and desire to really want it badly. Except in 94" but starks had a bad game 7. But if he wasn't for starks, Knicks lose that series in 4. Say what you want about starks, one thing he had was heart. And that's something that this team hasn't had in a long,long time.

And when The heck Did we ever see MJ Takes games off. Maybe they limited his minutes. But he never like to completely sit out games. I understand Ama'r e not playing tonight. But he should of at least play some minutes against the bulls, Just to get him out of his rust. I think they might as well cancel the game tonight since no one is playing on either sides..lol

Blumatic

Rotation player
All is said to me was, That the knicks are a long way from being elite. The only players that were missing was Amar'e. The knicks will most likely lose to the celtics in 5 or 6 games.
I think not having a big defensive presence in the middle will hurt them. And their terrible defense will most likely catch up to them.
I really would like them to win, But it's always the same thing with the knicks. and it's their defense, and the fact that all they do is rely on Just making three's. Its been the same thing since antoni's been coaching this team.

I really would've like them to beat the bulls. Instead of Just ending the season with a two game losing streak. That's the thing that always bother me about the knicks.That they have never been a great team since 73" Never had that fire and desire to really want it badly. Except in 94" but starks had a bad game 7. But if he wasn't for starks, Knicks lose that series in 4. Say what you want about starks, one thing he had was heart. And that's something that this team hasn't had in a long,long time.

And when The heck Did we ever see MJ Takes games off. Maybe they limited his minutes. But he never like to completely sit out games. I understand Ama'r e not playing tonight. But he should of at least play some minutes against the bulls, Just to get him out of his rust. I think they might as well cancel the game tonight since no one is playing on either sides..lol

Amare is a big piece. We beat the Bulls twice and both times they either missed Boozer or Noah. So it is expected that we would lose tonight.

As far as taking games off. Teams do it all the time. Its a philosophy. The Bulls coach is on the same page as you but they were some injuries for them. Had Melo or Stat got hurt, MDA would have been destroyed.

Knicks are a long way but we on the fast track.

Donnie knows we need more. He is using the playoffs to evaluate this team. We on our way.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
i agree with both of you guys. after last nites game, its clear we are not on the level of competing with the bulls, i dont care if STAT was out. as hyped as i am about getting the celtics in the first round, the only way i see us beating them is if we catch em at the right time with their offense struggling and their age showing up and our guys being on the same page, and melo and stat lighting it up. talentwise the celts to me are still better. as great as melo and stat are, it doesnt offset how mediocre the rest of the team can be at times. again i dont see us winning the first round unless everything falls into place and we catch some breaks. but regardless of what happens i want some valuable experience to come out of them for everyone from melo, stat a nd TD to walsh, dantoni.

jzero29

Rotation player
not at the level of chicago?

We beat chicago 3 of 4 times this year and lost the one game that was meaningless.
we played a good first half...came out flat the second half in a meaningless game.
this could be one of 2 things
1. we came out flat because the game was pointless, we were winning and we knew we could compete.
or
2. the same problem we've had all season is still there lack of intensity coming out of second half or at start of game.

bottom line is we are a dangerous team when we play with intensity. Car,melo unfortunately seems to be the kind of guy who gets lazy. When they are winning he kind of slacks off his defensive intesity. I think this could be what happend last night. I can't imagine this team and carmelo not playing with intensity in the playoffs.

Bulls,magic, heat we have beaten them all this season...boston on the other hand has had our number everytime...
this next meaningless game doesn't count.

I wish we didn't have to play it. I don't want the knicks to play without intesity, setting tone for playoffs. but I also want them not to have an emotional game, that could effect the next. Losing at the buzzer or getting blown out or winning in dramatic fashion could set knicks up for a let down next game.

I think the Knicks have enough talent to surprise any team in the playoffs; it’s going to be on the coach to get the best out of the guys. Any team can turn it up and win a series if the coach is a good strategist. Playoff games are like playing chess, It’s all about schemes and DEFENSE, learn the other team’s tendencies and adapt accordingly. If we go in with only the plan of outscoring the other team, we will get exposed and embarrassed.

As for last nights Bulls Knicks game…we made 8 of 31 3 point shots, WTF!! Why so many? And the Bulls have a defensive minded coach in Thibodeau…who helped the Celtics win their last championship. We have a dude name Herb and D’ant’s brother…

IMHO, this is the part of our game that’s killing the Knicks. Just imagine if at least half of those 3point shots were designed plays for higher percentage baskets. Also, this was the first time (this season) we play against a totally healthy Bulls team…plus we didn’t have Stat in the line up. Coaching errors costs us that game. D’Antoni has to stop relying on the 3ball so much. He (and team) has a very hard time adjusting when they are not falling. Depending on Mello’s Iso to bail them out all the time is also too much of a gamble. I don’t know who creates more drama in midtown, the Knicks or the Broadway shows. Coach probably likes it that way…meh. I can do without it.

The Celtics have been struggling too especially without Perkins. If neither O’neils play (well) we have the potential to beat these guys if we play smart by choosing better shots, keep up the intensity on both ends of the court and expand the rotation. But, this will be on the coach…as he is planning on shortening the rotation for the playoffs and most likely keep his guys chucking up the fast 3 ball.

This will be a telling post season for the coach, this is media city…all eyes will be watching. We have the talent but I think they aren’t being used effectively…at least not to their full potential. I’ll still be rooting for them thou…

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
We beat chicago 3 of 4 times this year and lost the one game that was meaningless.
we played a good first half...came out flat the second half in a meaningless game.
this could be one of 2 things
1. we came out flat because the game was pointless, we were winning and we knew we could compete.
or
2. the same problem we've had all season is still there lack of intensity coming out of second half or at start of game.

bottom line is we are a dangerous team when we play with intensity. Car,melo unfortunately seems to be the kind of guy who gets lazy. When they are winning he kind of slacks off his defensive intesity. I think this could be what happend last night. I can't imagine this team and carmelo not playing with intensity in the playoffs.

Bulls,magic, heat we have beaten them all this season...boston on the other hand has had our number everytime...
this next meaningless game doesn't count.

I wish we didn't have to play it. I don't want the knicks to play without intesity, setting tone for playoffs. but I also want them not to have an emotional game, that could effect the next. Losing at the buzzer or getting blown out or winning in dramatic fashion could set knicks up for a let down next game.

The bulls played the knicks only 3 times this year, Knicks won 2 out of 3. But lets not forget it wasn't the same team. So that is pointless. But I understand it's meaningless I really don't care about tonights game against the celtics, But for people that pay lots of money to see the knicks ,you want to see your team win. Not come out flat in the 2nd half, Especially our bench players. It dosen't matter how much they rest though, Come play off time. they will not get any rest. So if they get hurt . They are either going to have to deal with it, unless it's a bad injury.
And I don't believe that getting to emotional will make them have a let down game. If that was the case, The 90's bulls or lakers would have never won titles. They are professional players, not children.:gony: