Grades and the Future of your 2010-2011 New York Knicks

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Ok folks. The regular season is over (Tonight's game is meaningless), so I figured we would make a Grade thread along with the future for the Knicks players/lineup. Heres my crack at it:

Amare Stoudemire- (A-) Our captain, Our big free agent signing, Our heart and soul. Why not an A, you say? For as big as he is, he does not get nearly enough rebounds. And his defense is sub-par to average. Besides that hes an animal.

Carmelo Anthony - (A) Our star. Hes home and hes dropping shit like a pidgeon. Good shit that is. Lazy on defense prevents him from getting an A+. Have you seen this mans 3 pt game lately. Wow.

Chauncey Billups- (B) More like a B-, but he is Mr. Big Shot, so the name alone gives him a B. Brings a mid-court game to the Knicks, as well as another clutch shooter. Savvy veteran who has made TD23 into a formiddable sixth man. Hopefully he agrees on a buyout, and then resigns for a cheap 2 year deal. More on that later

Landry Fields (B-) Landry shocked the world by becoming a Knicks starter and producing all the way until the Carmelo trade. Then something switched in Landroid's brain and he became just an average baller. He is still playing above a 2nd rounder, just not what we were used to. My man should hopefully turn it on against the Celts.

Ronnie Turiaf (C)- If he was healthy it would be much higher. He brings energy, excitement, and blocks to this Knicks squad. Also he is the king of .gifs. Wish his contract wasnt so expensive for next year (player option)

Toney Douglas (B) - Leading 3 pters since All Star Break. Lead our team at the point when Chauncey went down. His problem is overshooting. He is not out of control like Nate, but he does have those tendencies. Hes a great defender, and I expect him to blow it up come playoff time.

Shawne Williams (B-)- Could he get a higher grade? Certainly. But he is mainly just a three pt shooter. If he used his big body more and grabbed boards then I guarantee you he would be the ultimate fan favorite. Hes an excellent role player though. That 76ers game where he muffed the shot still lingers though.

Shelden Williams (C-) He doesnt hurt the team, but doesnt really make us better. He should get a lot more boards then he does, but he is just too soft. His wife would be better at Center I can tell you that.

Anthony Carter (C+)- Defense and veteran grit. All you can ask for from the guy. Plus he made Dwayne Wade look like a D-leaguer.

Billy Walker (C)- AC better grade over Billy? Yes because of the inconsistency. He can hit the three, dunk, rebound, but he will never do all three over an extended period of time. Prove me wrong against the Celts Billy.

Jared Jeffries (D)- I tried to shed light on the JJ signing but after he hit the backboard I just couldnt find any positives. He hustles and seems like a really nice guy, but his skills since his college days have diminished completely. Maybe he can shut down Rondo, then I will forgive him for the past few years.

Roger Mason (D+)- Sucked. Became alright. Got his own stalker at game. Now back in the doghouse. Thats pretty much all you need to know about Roger Mason whos Knicks stint will end after the playoffs.

Derrick Brown- (INC) What can Brown do for you? I have no idea. A dunk here or there apparently.

I refuse to write about Balkman. I despise him. Andy Rautins gets an A+ for his suits, and token white inactive bench player celebrations. He is nothing compared to Veal Brian Scalabrine that is.

I obviously hope we take it all, but the odds are against us. Heres what I would like to see this offseason:

Billups takes a buyout to take less money, but 2 years to remain with NYK.

Balkman traded for anything.

Mason, Shelden, Jeffries pack your bags.

Jimmer Freddette or Kenneth Faried picked in the draft.

Offer Anthony Carter a coaching position.

Ronnie Turiaf (as much as I love the guy) shipped with Billy Walker for 2nd rounder.

Sign Leandro Barbosa for 6th man/Possible starting SG (Mike D'Antoni guy)

Sign Deandre Jordan, and dont worry about CP3 or D-Will. (If Chauncey agress to take less money, and tutor TD23 still)

Sign Tayshaun Prince. Veteran, grit, proven winner. Shouldnt take that much money to get him.

Starting 2011-2012 New York Knicks:

C-Deandre Jordan
PF-STAT
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

Bench:

Barbosa
Douglas
Prince
Williams
Derrick Brown
Jerome Jordan
Jimmer Freddette

Inactive:
Rautins

Money wise this may never work, but man oh man. Let me know what you think fellas and post your own.

Lol we can't afford to sign all of those guys you just mentioned and why in the world should we draft Jimmer Fredette? The last thing we need is a player that doesn't play defense, We should definitely draft Kenneth Faried though. All we should do is draft Faried, resign Chauncey for 5-6 mil,resign the two Williams+Carter,and use the rest of what we have for Tyson Chandler or Deandre.

Last edited:

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Lol we can't afford to sign all of those guys you just mentioned and why in the world should we draft Jimmer Fredette? The last thing we need is a player that doesn't play defense, We should definitely draft Kenneth Faried though. All we should do is draft Faried, resign Chauncey for 5-6 mil,resign both Williams+Carter,and use the rest of what we have for Tyson Chandler or Deandre.

One reason and one reason only. Dolan likes money. Jimmer will cause a buzz thus bringing in more money. Plus he does got that money 3 pointer. A guy like him in the 11th or 12th spot who can come in and hit a three is a great thing ala Steve Kerr. Faried seems to be slipping in Mock drafts so if we could get both id be smiling. As for the three FA signings I mentioned I know its a long shot but if we could get at least Jordan and one of the two that be great. Which Williams do you want to resign hopefully not Shelden, and I like AC but will he have enough in the tank for one more?

Wargames

Starter
i think we're gonna get that Brazilian C and hope he develops alongside J Jordan. we don't need a PG this year or next. We should trade turiaf for a decent player or a first rounder next year. that draft will be deep.

STAT1

Starter
Why give away Turiaff and Walker for a 2nd rounder. Turiaf yes, walker no

Probably he's thinking of unloading Turiaf's salary to make room for another FA signing. Bill Walker would be the sweetener in that type of scenario. I wouldn't be opposed to something like that but it would HAVE to come with the caveat that you were using the added cap space to sign a C like D Jordan, because right now Turiaf is really our only C.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Probably he's thinking of unloading Turiaf's salary to make room for another FA signing. Bill Walker would be the sweetener in that type of scenario. I wouldn't be opposed to something like that but it would HAVE to come with the caveat that you were using the added cap space to sign a C like D Jordan, because right now Turiaf is really our only C.

Thats exactly what I meant from that. Walker is the only real sweetner we got, I doubt anyone wants Rautins.

New New York

Quiet Storm
i think we're gonna get that Brazilian C and hope he develops alongside J Jordan. we don't need a PG this year or next. We should trade turiaf for a decent player or a first rounder next year. that draft will be deep.

I truly hope so!!! This has Tyson Chandler writtne all over him