Boston has a Challengers Mentality

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
I am a bit worried. I am reading articles all over the place, and Boston seems to have the more proper mindset about this series. They are taking the challengers approach, while we (the knicks) sound a bit too confident. I think we need to change our mindset and respect Boston, more so than any of the top seeds they are to be respected the most. If we go into this series thinking we got more youth and talent on our side and get too confident, well we may all wake up to a big surprise. Listening to all these interviews where Amare and melo are promising bringing their best and gonna step there game up is all good n all, but its such a contrast to the humility Boston has shown and poise. You know the saying the quiet ones are the ones you have to worry about. With some of the media writing off celtics as their window closing, their recent skid, they are truly going into this series with something to prove a chip on their shoulder. They truly have the Challengers mentality, and as much as I hate to say it, that doesn't spell good for the Knicks unless we can match that mentality and find a cause to go in and play just as hard. And it can't just be because we have 2 super stars and a former finals MVP. That wont cut it..Wont Cut it at all. We have to find our own Will TO win, our own vindication and reasoning. I haven't yet heard one person from the Knicks Organization say we have something to prove. All I hear is we are a dangerous team we are a dangerous team we are a dangerous team. Only thing dangerous right now is the fact we may lose in the first round if we go into this series with this mindset.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I am a bit worried. I am reading articles all over the place, and Boston seems to have the more proper mindset about this series. They are taking the challengers approach, while we (the knicks) sound a bit too confident. I think we need to change our mindset and respect Boston, more so than any of the top seeds they are to be respected the most. If we go into this series thinking we got more youth and talent on our side and get too confident, well we may all wake up to a big surprise. Listening to all these interviews where Amare and melo are promising bringing their best and gonna step there game up is all good n all, but its such a contrast to the humility Boston has shown and poise. You know the saying the quiet ones are the ones you have to worry about. With some of the media writing off celtics as their window closing, their recent skid, they are truly going into this series with something to prove a chip on their shoulder. They truly have the Challengers mentality, and as much as I hate to say it, that doesn't spell good for the Knicks unless we can match that mentality and find a cause to go in and play just as hard. And it can't just be because we have 2 super stars and a former finals MVP. That wont cut it..Wont Cut it at all. We have to find our own Will TO win, our own vindication and reasoning. I haven't yet heard one person from the Knicks Organization say we have something to prove. All I hear is we are a dangerous team we are a dangerous team we are a dangerous team. Only thing dangerous right now is the fact we may lose in the first round if we go into this series with this mindset.

I don't get over confidence from the Knicks. Coach said this morning on Mike and Mike that people shouldnt let the Celtics fool them.

The Knicks are not going all Rex Ryan on the Celtics. Melo said that both teams have something to prove.

STAT had an interview with Stephen A. saying that the Celtics had their number. And in another interview he said the the road to the east is through the Celtics.

The Knicks have had balanced answers. They throw roses at the feet of the Celtics while tooting their own horn.

To be honest, it's always very tough when you're a lower seed team, not only do you get a strong opponent - you also have to play on the road most of the time.

I really really hope we can get 4th seed next season. A team like the Hawks would be much easier for us than Miami, Boston or Chicago.

I'm still unsure, whether I should buy the playoff ticket for League Pass or not....80 bucks for maybe 4 games at worst...that would be one hell of a desaster.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
To be honest, it's always very tough when you're a lower seed team, not only do you get a strong opponent - you also have to play on the road most of the time.

I really really hope we can get 4th seed next season. A team like the Hawks would be much easier for us than Miami, Boston or Chicago.

I'm still unsure, whether I should buy the playoff ticket for League Pass or not....80 bucks for maybe 4 games at worst...that would be one hell of a desaster.

Should have acted quicker my friend. I got the Playoff Package in the $20-30 range just over a month ago. :afro: