Where is everybody?

Zylx

Benchwarmer
Nah Iam pumped for the Playoffs. Its been a slow day around where Iam. Hopefully it doesn't continue to be this slow. Also people are probably doing rl stuff.

elcol

Rotation player
past few weeks ive felt like i had nothing to say, everyones taking the words right outta my mouth :p

smokes

Huge Member
The forums just been frantic these past couple of weeks while we were streaking, think everyones taking a breather for a day or two. I think it's gonna get steadily more and more amped here from now til Sunday :gony:

la2ny

Starter
Yeah Im taking a breather somewhat. It also is kind of disheartning that the season ends and its always that 2-3 day break b4 the playoffs actually begin.

STAT1

Starter
I'm trying not to get my expectations up too high but how can you not after 10 years of the most depressing basketball we've ever seen, this team is finally back where it belongs in the playoffs, on the big stage, where players make their legacies & teams make their mark on history.

Shadows & dust, Maximus.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm trying not to get my expectations up too high but how can you not after 10 years of the most depressing basketball we've ever seen, this team is finally back where it belongs in the playoffs, on the big stage, where players make their legacies & teams make their mark on history.

Shadows & dust, Maximus.
Just imagine..............

Game 3.....................

NBA Playoffs logo on the court............

And you hear.................the crowd

just waiting for a playoff edition of DFDH volume (1).

theres really nothing to talk about

its the celtics

we either talk our team up for an upset

and get upset

or stay quiet and let the game do the talking and get amped up

ITs kind of like a kid who gets locked in a closet for 10 years

imagine how quiet he would be the first time he gets let out.

lol

la2ny

Starter

its the celtics

and get upset

imagine how quiet he would be the first time he gets let out.

lol
lol.

Damn that was a perfect way to put it.

miked1958

Rotation player
We need 1 in Boston!

We alll up in heree

We already know they can beat us at MSG. They have done it time and time again. IN a playoff atmosphere, not yet, but the last thing we want is to give them a bunch of confidence by letting them take the first 2. especially if they blow us out. We need them limping into MSG a little scared tied 1-1 OR REALLY doubting themselves down 0-2. Sure they have not played all that well last 20 games at about .500 ball. but they have been there and know how to turn it on when it counts. they did it last year.
With that said we have to guard against what happened to us early in season when we were beating them all game with chandler felton hitting 3s and gallo dunking on them. then we let it slip right at the end and they won when amare came a fraction of a second from beating them. Same deal with the New York Rangers the other night. Had shut out the Number 1 Caps 2 and 3/4ths Periods and held that 1-0 lead giving hope of stealing one in Washington to all of us fans. what happend> one of the top scorers in the NHL for one of the best teams got a questionable goal that prob should have been blown dead. But they get the benefit of the doubt bec of who they are. And then about a little over a minute from shuting them out in the OT and pushing it to a Shootout that anyone can win, we give up a goal to lose it. Thats what good teams do. find a way to win when it counts in the playoffs. we need to make sure that does not happen with Celts.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We already know they can beat us at MSG. They have done it time and time again. IN a playoff atmosphere, not yet, but the last thing we want is to give them a bunch of confidence by letting them take the first 2. especially if they blow us out. We need them limping into MSG a little scared tied 1-1 OR REALLY doubting themselves down 0-2. Sure they have not played all that well last 20 games at about .500 ball. but they have been there and know how to turn it on when it counts. they did it last year.
With that said we have to guard against what happened to us early in season when we were beating them all game with chandler felton hitting 3s and gallo dunking on them. then we let it slip right at the end and they won when amare came a fraction of a second from beating them. Same deal with the New York Rangers the other night. Had shut out the Number 1 Caps 2 and 3/4ths Periods and held that 1-0 lead giving hope of stealing one in Washington to all of us fans. what happend> one of the top scorers in the NHL for one of the best teams got a questionable goal that prob should have been blown dead. But they get the benefit of the doubt bec of who they are. And then about a little over a minute from shuting them out in the OT and pushing it to a Shootout that anyone can win, we give up a goal to lose it. Thats what good teams do. find a way to win when it counts in the playoffs. we need to make sure that does not happen with Celts.
In our first meeting with them this season we came back in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter because we attacked the basket fast. Defense is big, but even if we have a defensive slump, we can give them trouble by attacking.

TakMan

Rotation player

its the celtics

and get upset

imagine how quiet he would be the first time he gets let out...

Surely he'll be dead. Can't get much quieter than that.

p0nder

Starter
I noticed the forum had gone from frantic to dead quiet since the end of the regular season. A lot of quiet contemplation going on. it's been 7 years since the last time the knicks were in the playoffs.

I was 18 years old, going into my first year of university. A lot has changed for me personally in that time. I am finished school, i've started a family, I've got a career now. In all of that time few things have stayed the same for me.

One of which is my love of basketball, i've played it every day of my life since i was about 6 years old. My love of the knicks has never wavered.

Now I get to watch playoff basketball and cheer for my team again. Against our bitter rival the celtics no less. It's a beautiful thing to be here and to enjoy the game like this. You don't really get to appreciate having a good team until you've gone through what we've been through since the Ewing Era. During the 90's I took for granted that we had a good team. Playoffs were garunteed with Pat. But spending the first part of this century as a terrible team made me yearn for those days in the 90's when i could look forward to spring time games, playing on the playgrounds with my friends pretending it was jordan vs ewing or David robinson vs. ewing. Those memories stay with me and now it's time to relive the excitement and the hype. Amar'e vs. KG.... here we go!

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I have been taking a break and have been talking to #knicksfam on twitter... Hit me @KnicksFan4Life_ . I will be here on Sunday to talk some shit with you guys :beer::gony: