PDA

View Full Version : If the Knicks get sweeped . . .

shaolin
Apr 18, 2011, 06:45
. . . what is the probability that D'Antoni gets fired?

*swept

Sage
Apr 18, 2011, 07:02

*swept

Probably no chance.

Although there is a 90% chance I will suffer a mental breakdown if we get swept.

Sprewell-Houston
Apr 18, 2011, 07:40
Only good thing about it would be some sort of 'eye opening effect'.

We need a center and first and foremost a shooting guard.

Douglas is too small to play the 2 in the playoffs and Fields is ****ing useless since the trade....he looks like a second round pick now...no wonder no team drafted him in the first round, all this guy can do is grab rebounds and make backdoor cuts. Wow - the last needed skill for a shooting guard.

He better develop some sort of spot up shooting ability in the summer and his passing has to improve aswell.

miked1958
Apr 18, 2011, 12:28

*swept
today, when what we should have been talking about is how Amare and the Knicks dominated the aging Celts. Amare could of and SHOULD Have been the Star of an opening game victory in Boston. He was hitting everything and making KG look like OLD MAN RIVER. Should have kept going with the hot hand. Now we will never know what would have happened if we had pulled that one out. Not saying we win series but would have been a heck of alot easier then it is now. all we did was give boston confidence that they can have an off game and not play so good and still be able to beat us

johnnyrose
Apr 18, 2011, 13:15
today, when what we should have been talking about is how Amare and the Knicks dominated the aging Celts. Amare could of and SHOULD Have been the Star of an opening game victory in Boston. He was hitting everything and making KG look like OLD MAN RIVER. Should have kept going with the hot hand. Now we will never know what would have happened if we had pulled that one out. Not saying we win series but would have been a heck of alot easier then it is now. all we did was give boston confidence that they can have an off game and not play so good and still be able to beat us

I agree this is the second time The celtics played like crap, and we still freaking lose. Imagine if they play well tomorrow, we will be done..Series will be over in my opinion .Even if they win in game 3. it will be rough to win 2 straight against the celtics and go back to the td garden and win there.:teeth: Leave it to the knicks not to shock anybody and leave you with a good feeling .Well except for the 99" series was unbelivable.

MSGhobo247
Apr 18, 2011, 17:15
I don't want to think about this cause it WONT HAPPEN.

GO KNICKS!!

petescud
Apr 18, 2011, 18:30
Celts don't win another game this year....Go Knicks

Real NY Baller
Apr 18, 2011, 19:08
Knicks swept? Only in a complete collapse, but I don't see that happening.
Thinking optimistically, I want to say Boston won 5 straight and we will get the rest, ying to the yang.
Hey, the Red Soxs did it to the Yanks. Giants did it to the Pats. It's only right. Boston and NY, sports illest rivalries.

It'll be sweet thou...

Toons
Apr 19, 2011, 09:08

*swept

if we get swept in all close games, dantoni stays.

nyk_nyk
Apr 19, 2011, 09:18

*swept

If Antoni won't accept replacing one of his staff with a defensive coach then he will be let go. Same story like in PHX.

abcd
Apr 21, 2011, 06:48
If the Knicks get swept, Antoni's going to get stuffed in a garbage bag and thrown in a dumpster.

petescud
Apr 23, 2011, 02:57
Looks like someone called this....I would had never thought it a week ago

ducktales17
Apr 23, 2011, 04:23
I was about to totally sound off on you for saying sweeped, but I saw the correction so i'll let your ass live for now.....

KBlack25
Apr 23, 2011, 09:25
If the Knicks get blown out of the water Sunday like they did last night, fairly or unfairly to MDA, I see him on his way out...

ronoranina
Apr 23, 2011, 10:20
The fact we're in the playoffs secured MDA's job for another year IMO.

Real NY Baller
Apr 23, 2011, 10:26
If we get swept, he will get swept out of town and his tenure here will be swepted under the rug.

jpz17
Apr 23, 2011, 10:38
If we fired D'Antoni the rest of the NBA would laugh at NY and call them just as idiotic as their fans, then Amare would want to leave the Knicks.

You have to remember the reason why Amare came to NY in the first place....

Real NY Baller
Apr 23, 2011, 11:39
Honestly I doubt we will get swept…I like to think we will be doing the sweeping just because Boston and NY teams seem to have those crazy games/series (Red socks Yankees sweep, Giants and Patriots Mega upset). This would be sweet, especially knowing they beat us in every game this year. But, if we go down the way we did in game three…coach head will be rolled, picked up and shot for a SSOL three pointer.

Moments after the sweep…

D’Ant : {walks thru office door} “You wanted to see me?”
Dolan: {polishing musical instrument} “yes,yes Mike, have a seat”
D’Ant: “Okay, but will this take long? I have to go to Denver and to talk to Gallo”.
Dolan: “Fine, we no longer require your services…have a safe trip”
D’Ant: “But wait, all I need is one good year without injuries”
Dolan: “what? Every team deals with injuries, you know that’s no excuse.”
D’Ant: “ uhm, uhmmm…well can I at least keep the talk show?”
Dolan: “GTFO!!!”

*Dolan calls up Zeke* “Winning!!”

smh..
a nightmarish end

AmareForPresident
Apr 23, 2011, 15:46
If we fired D'Antoni the rest of the NBA would laugh at NY and call them just as idiotic as their fans, then Amare would want to leave the Knicks.

He came for the 100M lol, but i do think we should keep MDA if we are going to get Cp3.

Knicksdabest
Apr 23, 2011, 15:50

im pretty sure amar'e came to ny cause we were the only team that was willing to pay him 100M(maybe the nets did,but who wants to play for the nets?). i honestly don't think amare gives a crap who the coach is as long as hes getting paid the big bucks $$$

Paul1355
Apr 23, 2011, 18:05

*swept

He should have been fired a long time ago but a loss like last night might force Donnie Walsh's hand but honestly I think he will be back.

Because Mike D fans think that if everyone is healthy and if Mike D spends an off season with this team that he will suddenly become the best coach ever. It won't happen. His system fails, especially in crunch time.

He has one more year on his contract so the Knicks prob don't want it to seem like they made another failure with a head coaching position, but they did and we are seeing it now. I hope he gets fired and if a sweep makes that happen I will take because I can't take another year of this idiot being in control.

Paul1355
Apr 23, 2011, 18:06
He came for the 100M lol, but i do think we should keep MDA if we are going to get Cp3.

why would you want to keep Mike D?

Paul1355
Apr 23, 2011, 18:09

Amare came here for a 100 mil contract that no one else was offering and to be the poster boy of the NY Knicks which brings him millions of dollars for advertisements. Stop believing the idea that Mike D really brought him here.
Thats like believing that MSNBC is not far left or that Fox News is not far right.
Both of them were on different pages before Amare came here, they had to settle their differences before Amare came here which means that Amare did not come here for Mike D, he came here for other reasons and is tolerating Mike D. Big difference.

johnnyrose
Apr 23, 2011, 22:51
He should have been fired a long time ago but a loss like last night might force Donnie Walsh's hand but honestly I think he will be back.

Because Mike D fans think that if everyone is healthy and if Mike D spends an off season with this team that he will suddenly become the best coach ever. It won't happen. His system fails, especially in crunch time.

He has one more year on his contract so the Knicks prob don't want it to seem like they made another failure with a head coaching position, but they did and we are seeing it now. I hope he gets fired and if a sweep makes that happen I will take because I can't take another year of this idiot being in control.

I have to agree with you, You think if Doc rivers ever came to coach The knicks. Amar'e would say No" I won't play for him..B,S
He needs to realize this is why he's been decrepit for the 2nd half of the season .thanks to Mike D' Antoni's coaching style. Amar'es is not 23 anymore.
What's going to happen if Mike keeps being the coach long term for this team. Amar'e is going to mostly likely look Discombulated in The playoffs. And I'll be damned if this team goes to the playoffs every year and get's eliminated in the 1 st round. Because then we will never hear the end of it from everybody that thinks we stink already.

So I'm looking forward to next season. Hopefully there is one. I think there will be. But The knicks should be alot better then. With 1 or 3 different players who won't cost us much. They cannot go on these consecutive 6 games losing streaks they had this season. or losing 15 out of 17 games.

We need to beat teams like Lakers, dallas. since we were both humilated by them twice in the season.. Oh ! But better yet lets beat the Crap out of the Celtics, if we can't do it this season, Which most likely we won't. So hope for the best next season.:peace:

iJoe
Apr 24, 2011, 01:56
Now that Adelman chose to leave the Rockets, there is actually a good coach on the market. It says something when all the Rockets players' banded together to try to keep their coach.

Before, there were no good coaches to choose from in the offseason, now the chances of Dantoni getting fired have moved from marginal to likely especially in the event of a sweep.