Who's our best PG?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Billups is our best guard, but at the PG position Anthony Carter is the best imo. He keeps a great tempo, penetrates, makes nice assists, and defends. His tempo is/is sort of like Jason Williams, keeping the dribble going with a bounce to his step.

Oh, and, could it be Carmelo:confused:?

I'd still say Toney Douglas.

Overall he's had the best season of all 3 point guards. Problem with him is that he's a volume shooter from 3 point land. When he's on, he's winning the game almost by himself - but when he's off like last night...it's a lot of wasted positions all those missed 3s.

Billups has been erratic ever since arriving here. Sometimes I don't believe that he's a veteran. His shot selection is quite 'adventurous'.

Carter is a hustler, plays defense tries to penetrate, but he's old and limited. Doesn't have a decent 3 point shot and is too slow for Rondo.

So overall Douglas.

Red

TYPE-A
Ahhh.. hello?!

Its Chaucey Billups as Melo said, "he's our leader"

And that's what no other pg on this team is, a leader.

If anyone HE can control the egos and ball distribution better than any + he can control the game and situations better.

We need him!

Ahhh.. hello?!

Its Chaucey Billups as Melo said, "he's our leader"

And that's what no other pg on this team is, a leader.

If anyone HE can control the egos and ball distribution better than any + he can control the game and situations better.

We need him!

true...but his shot selection.....

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer

So you dont question toney douglas' shot selection? Ill take billups ANY day. Even with his shot selection, because 9 times out of 10 he will make the right decision.

After last night, douglas does not want ANY parts of rondo. If I wasnt so pissed of at TD last night I would feel sorry for how bad rondo abused him.

I say If chauncey is healthy, start TD as well, TD plays WAYY BETTER when billups is along side him. Bench fields.

Melo should be point forward like Lebron was in cleveland, everybody else just go down the court. Melo is a willing passer and finds the open man on double teams. I swear the offense will be more fluid.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
TD's defense was horrible last night. His matador D in the first opened up Bos transition game. Then his bad foul on Rondo to pickup his 3rd foul. He couldn't keep Rondo in front of him all game & was getting killed. I hate to bash coach D but it's his fault. He once again sacrificed defense for offense & TD didn't have a decent game last night & only dished 2 asst. AC couldn't have done much worse IMO.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

I actually like his shot selection.

Those rhythm threes he takes in transition at the top of the arc, he's been taking those since his Detroit days. That's a high percentage shot for him -- from his hot spot (pause, damn that sounded supa ghey :alert:).

Running J,

This premise is not even debatable imo. Billups is easily our best PG.

If after last night anyone questions how much we need this guy..

WE NEED BILLUPS, badly.