Carmelo showed last night that he can be a playmaker

Even though I'm pissed that we lost yesterday, i think i noticed something really important about Melo. Everyone knows that he is a great scorer but in order for him to take it to the next level he will need to play defense (he has shown that he can before) and he also will also need to learn how to become a playmaker to reach the same level as Lebron and Kobe so he can get everyone involved. If he can become a playmaker and play good defense he can become the best player in the league.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Even though I'm pissed that we lost yesterday, i think i noticed something really important about Melo. Everyone knows that he is a great scorer but in order for him to take it to the next level he will need to play defense (he has shown that he can before) and he also will also need to learn how to become a playmaker to reach the same level as Lebron and Kobe so he can get everyone involved. If he can become a playmaker and play good defense he can become the best player in the league.

The thing is, he does play good D, but kobe and lebron have great defensive teams. Their teams make them look better.

When you have a PG like billups, there is no need for him to avg 10 assists.

I know he could do it, with billups out he should play point forward and just run the entire offense from the start. The C's are gonna double and tripple team him anyway.

To me he is the best on the planet (bias of course) but top 4 player hands down.

The thing is, he does play good D, but kobe and lebron have great defensive teams. Their teams make them look better.

When you have a PG like billups, there is no need for him to avg 10 assists.

I know he could do it, with billups out he should play point forward and just run the entire offense from the start. The C's are gonna double and tripple team him anyway.

To me he is the best on the planet (bias of course) but top 4 player hands down.
Honestly, I think Melo is a better passer than Billups. Plus he can draw double teams.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Honestly, I think Melo is a better passer than Billups. Plus he can draw double teams.

I think so too, but I meant as in the way chauncey runs the offense/team. Billups is a great leader and can control the way the offense goes. Your right tho, melo is probably the best passer on the team. (When he does pass lol)

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Carmelo

I was not a fan of the trade for Melo and believe we paid more than we had to. But I am thoroughly impressed by Melo and now have no regrets. I am, however, concerned by our lack of assets and cap room going forward.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Right, and the final play of last night's game showed that ability, when he found JJ just under the basket.

If only Amar'e wasn't hurt, he would have been the one to receive the ball down low and we know it would have resulted in a bucket or some free throws.

Another impressive stat is Melo's career-high rebounding last night. He was a beast on the boards and we're going to need that from him all series long. Our rebounding and points off turnovers really kept us in the game last night.

petescud

Starter
Melo made a believer of me last night. I don't remember another Knick player since Ewing carry us like that in a playoff game. Amar'e had a nice game the night before, but Melo was incredible.....Glad he's on our team

KingofNy

Starter
Melo was amazing except for the last seconds that count the most. He also showed us how bad our coach really is... With 4.1 seconds left in the game he failed to realize that we needed to foul to stop the clock. Either Antoni didn't mention we needed to foul or Melo just didn't listen. No one is bringing that up but we seriously could of still had a chance and it seemed like everyone already gave up before the ball was thrown in. Nice coaching Mike.

petescud

Starter
Melo is my favorite player now...He has it. He just needs to bring it and the other guys (like JJ) need to stop turning over the ball in key situations

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I was not a fan of the trade for Melo and believe we paid more than we had to. But I am thoroughly impressed by Melo and now have no regrets. I am, however, concerned by our lack of assets and cap room going forward.

As am I. All the more reason to want Donnie Walsh reinstated as GM. It's going to take some serious wit and grit to optimise this roster next year.

Billups will have to go. There's no 2 ways about it. I think his recent rack of injuries and contract combined are enough to make that a dead certainty.

Hindsight is calling: Ray, Ray, Raymoooooooooooond.

Crazy⑧s;176355 said:
As am I. All the more reason to want Donnie Walsh reinstated as GM. It's going to take some serious wit and grit to optimise this roster next year.

Billups will have to go. There's no 2 ways about it. I think his recent rack of injuries and contract combined are enough to make that a dead certainty.

Hindsight is calling: Ray, Ray, Raymoooooooooooond.
Is there a way we can get CP3 and then sign guys like Nazr Mohammed and Przybilla? Also I wouldn't mind resigning Jeffries if he's cheap.

miked1958

Rotation player
Agreed

Everyone was so upset over how well Denver did after the trade vs us being just .500. They posted an amazing posttrade record. BUT, they are in the same boat we are in down 0-2 in their playoff series and they were BLOWN OUT in the 2nd Game. We at least were in both games to the end with a chance to win, and one of the players we got in the trade almost single handedly got us a win in game 2.

KingCharles34

All Star
I always knew he could be a better playmaker if he wanted too, hes always been capable of making a real good pass. He should average 5 assists a game in my opinion with his skills

His play last night reminded me of Vince Carter and T-Mac.

Watching a point forward is some beautiful stuff.

TMAC >> Vince

To me, TMAC is the 3rd best wing player of the past 15 years behind Pierce and Kobe. I would have him 2nd behind Kobe if injuries didnt slow him down

Vince is a top 5 wingplayer himself when it comes to the past 15 years but I always thought Mcgrady was the more skilled all around player