We seem to have the worst luck

miked1958

Rotation player
All these years we wait to get back to the playoffs and everything and every call that could go wrong for us did. Really we are a few BLOWN calls from being up 2-0 instead of down 0-2. I hate that the Celtics get the benefit of the doubt. THANKS NBA for saying the refs blew those two calls. THat helps us out alot. I can remember Players for the SUNS (Amare included) leaving the bench area in a playoff series with the Spurs. They were all suspended for the next game and the Suns lost that series because of it.
Boston has now had 3 Instances where players/coaches left bench area. Number1 was right after Ray Allen made that 3, we didnt have any timeouts and had to inbounds and go up court. After he made the 3, a player from the boston bench (dont remember who it was) did a chestbump with Ray allen. No Call, No T?? Number 2 was when both Rivers and an Asst coach both were on the Court of play yelling and waving their arms for the Celts to foul (as they had 1 to give) and almost bumped into Melo in the process. No call, no T?? Number 3 was at the end of game2 when Melo passed to JJ under the basket and him and KG were battling for it. They gave KG a Timeout and 3 Members of the Bench came storming off it onto the playing area. Again nothing called.

All of the above does not even take into acct the questionable T we got while Big Baby should have got a T for something I thought was way worse then what we did. Also lets not forget the 2fouls KG commmited on that same play. Tripping and if you dont call that, he set a Moving Pick. And last but not least you cant call that foul on Melo when we had the ball and the lead when pierce was acting. Call could of went either way but it should have been a NO CALL. there are more reasons to complain but i wont. We can look at it like this. AS TNT described it, It was Melo and a Bunch of Guys against the BOSTON CELTICS.. And we came within a hair of beating them. Would have been an embarrassing time in history for them had they lost. The Age is starting to showup BIGTIME on this team. THey should have blown us out of their gym by 30 with that type of advantage. They didnt.

Knicks kind of remind me of the New York Rangers with the Hard luck. 2of the Caps goals should have been blown dead, which would greatly have changed the way this series has gone. And in a Series where there is Periods with no one scoring, one right after the other, after the other, who would have thought in their WILDEST DREAMS that the Rangers would lose a 3-0 Advantage going into the 3rd period of last nights game with a really good chance to even that series. With the way Hendrik has played all year in in this series in Goal, i would have BET he would never have given up 3goals in a period. I think both the Knicks and Rangers have made great strides toward winning championships, but as for this season all of us fans should just be happy we got 4or5 extra games out of it to watch our teams. Doesnt look like its in the Cards for either team when you have to beat the TEAM and the REFs.. CANT Happen.

Last edited:

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
i hate to keep bitching about those horrible calls, but in all honesty that made me think that theres def still some corruption with the refs in this league, case of the matter is in this day in time, with instand replay,high definition ect. there should be no excuse for a game not to me fairly called down to each tenth of a second.The nba doesnt wanna sweep, they want this series to go 7 games because at the end of the day its all about the $$$$$

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
And to top it off we have billups injured and Amar'e
Everything that could go wrong has, which is why I feel this series is so lopsided right now. Just to much negative crap happening.

But I'm hoping I'm wrong. I really am.:gony:

miked1958

Rotation player
agreed

And to top it off we have billups injured and Amar'e
Everything that could go wrong has, which is why I feel this series is so lopsided right now. Just to much negative crap happening.

But I'm hoping I'm wrong. I really am.:gony:
I mean if there was every a time to steal a game in Boston its usually in the first 2games if you are going to get 1 at all. As the series goes on and it gets closer to elimination time it will get harder and harder to win there. Its SAD because we RIGHTFULLY SHOULD have had at least 1 if not both those games and without 2 top players just about all of the 2nd game, and we still should have come out with 1. I mean come on REFS we are down to huge players. CAN WE GET SOME CALLS TO GO OUR WAY AT MSG??? DOWN THE STRETCH WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
i hate to keep bitching about those horrible calls, but in all honesty that made me think that theres def still some corruption with the refs in this league, case of the matter is in this day in time, with instand replay,high definition ect. there should be no excuse for a game not to me fairly called down to each tenth of a second.The nba doesnt wanna sweep, they want this series to go 7 games because at the end of the day its all about the $$$$$

Which makes it even more confusing that the calls went against us in both games. I'm guessing we'll get huge home-court advantage at MSG, especially with the NBA officially conceding that there were blown calls at the end of Game 1, but it shudders to make me think that we go back to Boston with our 'makeup-call' reservoir all depleted and the refs intent on making sure that everything goes according to script. In other words, the aging Celtics making one last glory run.

miked1958

Rotation player
ITs not right!!!

Which makes it even more confusing that the calls went against us in both games. I'm guessing we'll get huge home-court advantage at MSG, especially with the NBA officially conceding that there were blown calls at the end of Game 1, but it shudders to make me think that we go back to Boston with our 'makeup-call' reservoir all depleted and the refs intent on making sure that everything goes according to script. In other words, the aging Celtics making one last glory run.

Is it me or has it seemed in the last few years that the Refs and Umpires or whatever are having more and more impact on the outcome of games or at least a HUGE CRUCIAL call during a game that makes or breaks a teams chances of winning. It seems like they dont want to take a backseat anylonger and what to play into the outcomes of important games. What ever happened to letting the PLAYERs that earned it all season decide it on the COURT, on the FIELD, on the ICE or on the Diamond????

To many times we are on here or other Sports Forums talking about what a REF did or didnt do to decide a game, rather then talking about the players themselves. Its WRONG I TELL YA!!

petescud

Starter
I 'd love 7 games too. Fact of the matter though is we have too much injury and truly it wasn't our year anyways. What i learned is Melo is a much better player then i gave him credit for. Amar'e as well. I really never thought these guys were that good. I think they are playing the best ball of their careers right now. We need to look at our deficiencies at the end of the season and fix what needs fixing....

If you look at boston, what saved their ass this season was signing J O'Neal...Had they not had him to cover Shaq, we'd have a lot of easy buckets underneath...Love to acquire CP3 or DWill...Acquire a nice big...a defensive stopper

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
we'll get em back today.... can't wait the garden will be rockin!!!!! defense... defense... defense.... you won't be able to hear yourself think! we will kick their green arses all the way back to boston!!!!!! go knickerbockerssssssssssssssss...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!

oshi

Benchwarmer
Good coaching or the games being called right and it'd be 1-1 right now, 2-0 if we had both going for us. This series has been great so far but the Knicks have to even it up here at home another close loss means nothing. So far it kinda reminds me of the Celtics Bulls series that went to 7 games a few years back, all close intense games. Being a NYK fan makes it so much greater

miked1958

Rotation player
You are right

Good coaching or the games being called right and it'd be 1-1 right now, 2-0 if we had both going for us. This series has been great so far but the Knicks have to even it up here at home another close loss means nothing. So far it kinda reminds me of the Celtics Bulls series that went to 7 games a few years back, all close intense games. Being a NYK fan makes it so much greater

Another close loss will put us in the same boat as the Pacers. They had the ball down only 2 last night at Home against the Bulls with 17.5 seconds left and they didnt even get off a good shot. 17 ticks off a timeout to get a good look at a 2pointer to tie or a 3 to win it. They waited to long to get set and found themselves way out beyond the 3 arc and what was taken was a long off balance 3 (in which maybe his arm got hit, not sure) somewhat like Melo took at the end of game 1. So yes, the Pacers played the Mighty Bulls tough all night but have nothing but another close loss to show for it and are down 0-3. Same goes for the Philly last night. Played Miami Tight and even had a ten point lead for awhile. But in the end the Heat did what they had to do to get that win. We need to not just play a close game tonight, we need to win this and win it by so many points that we STRIKE some fear in the hearts of those Boston players. Would have been some real self doubt going on with them had we won that game the other night down 2 key players, but we let them off the hook and they can carry that arrogant swagger into MSG with confidence that if its close in the last minute again we will again let them off the hook with a turnover or bad shot. or the refs will just bail them out again

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Good point but I think we realize now how good those Pacers actually are and our losses to them can't really be described as 'embarrassing' anymore.

If anything what we saw from Game 1 and 2 was that no one in the Boston lineup can handle Amar'e when he's on and that he is still the 4th-quarter scoring beast he's been all season. Also that Melo can singlehandedly give NY a fighting chance with almost NO ONE else chipping in offensively. Put those 2 together?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
It is not the league

It is the Irish Mafia (Whitey Bulger, et al) who corrupted the refs.

These are the guys that corrupted the FBI and US attorney's office. These are the guys that framed Chuck Turner. You think that the NBA is a problem for them?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It is the Irish Mafia (Whitey Bulger, et al) who corrupted the refs.

These are the guys that corrupted the FBI and US attorney's office. These are the guys that framed Chuck Turner. You think that the NBA is a problem for them?

何?

This is news to me! What's the deal?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean Amar'e brought it in game 1 and Carmelo brought it in game 2 so if they could just find a way to bring it both at the same time then the team would be great.

The problem is finding a point guard who can handle the distribution on that front.