Vin Baker signed

JJtheKnick

Starter
i just heard on mike and the mad dog that vin baker was signed by the knicks. so i guess dampier is out of the picture 100%.

JJtheKnick

Starter
ESPN.com news services
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Erick Dampier's odyssey will apparently wind up not in the Big Apple but in Big D.

The Dallas Mavericks have agreed in principle to a trade that would send forwards Eduardo Najera and Christian Laettner, two future first-round picks and cash to the Golden State Warriors, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on Tuesday.

In exchange, the Mavs would acquire Dampier, center Evan Eschmeyer and guard Dan Dickau from Golden State.

The deal, however, cannot be consummated until later this summer because NBA rules stipulate that no player may be dealt twice within a two-month period. Both Laettner and Dickau were traded earlier this summer.

the trade is not final yet.!!!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
not sure this is all it says at knicks.com

Knicks Re-Sign Vin Baker

Vin Baker will add to the depth inside for the Knicks next season.
Jonathan Daniel/NBAE/Getty Images
NEW YORK, August 18, 2004 -- New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that forward Vin Baker has been re-signed by the team. As per club policy, terms of the deal are not announced.
Baker, 6-11, 250-pounds, averaged 9.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in 54 games for New York and Boston this past season. Originally signed as a free agent on March 12, the 11-year NBA veteran appeared in the last 17 games for the Knicks, averaging 6.6 points, 4.1 rebounds and 18.4 minutes

“Vin gave us a solid presence off the bench at the end of last season and in the playoffs,” Thomas said. “With a fresh start at training camp with the team, we know he’ll be an even more productive force

ARKATECH

Rookie
well i still like our new teams chances ... this year just about every team in the nba made changes, big ones at that. we have a solid team, much better than any we've had since pat left. all said and done i'm happy. every player on this team has something to prove especialy baker! so i expect a lot of heart coming from a talented and much younger knicks team.

Isiah is the truth ........................ don't worry eventully we'll get our big man

JJtheKnick

Starter
what about nazr??
how does every one feel about starting the season with him ass center??
right now i say its all we got but i would love it if we can get better.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
for some reason I feel like the only person who likes Nazr Mohammed, I dont think he is the difference maker but which Knick alone is the difference maker? I think this team will do pretty good if they can get used to each other and develop a good chemistry together...

Am I wrong or does this mean that Baker's agent was telling the truth the whole time (a rare occurrence, I know) and that Isaiah was outright lying a few weeks ago?

Thursday Plug: On the off chance that you live on Long Island or in the 5 boroughs, tune in tonight to 2 hours of commercial-free Sports Talk from 9PM to 11PM on 90.3 FM. Thanks.

e_D

Benchwarmer
youadmireme2 said:
for some reason I feel like the only person who likes Nazr Mohammed, I dont think he is the difference maker but which Knick alone is the difference maker? I think this team will do pretty good if they can get used to each other and develop a good chemistry together...

I like Naz too. he had some brilliant flashes last season, he almost got a 20/20 game once or twice. He needs some work, he might be real nice if he polishes up. The thing with him though, he's not big enough or tall enough to bang down low with some of the real beasts of the game. Nazr vs Shaq/Yao/B.Wallace/etc I see him being outrebounded and fighting to score. But against some weaker centers, he will do.

Bottom line is an upgrade at center is the only thing keeping us from being real contenders. However in the case that doesnt happen, at least we can look forward to Naz's upside.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I don't know about you guys but I'm really worried about our center position. At least last year we had Nazr, Baker, and Mutombo splitting minutes with Tribaski on the bench. Now this year we only got Nazr and Baker. Nazr is a fouling machine and probably will get in foul trouble early in games and I'm damn sure Baker ain't running the whole game. So what option do we have if both of them get in foul trouble? I guess Kurt is gonna have to pick up the slack.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think we have to get a young center like a rookie or something jsut to back up nazr and who knows maybe he might turn out to be something good.

i dont no whoo can realy do that i feel ya on that but the aint no young centers or even centers left that will be trade or FE centers are rare now best we can do is Z or Swift...i still ant belive we lont dampier =(