Celtics are a dirty team

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Garnett clearly tried to injure Toney Douglas at the end of Game 1.

The play that Billups got injured on was also a dirty play by Jermaine O'Neal, as was the play that Melo got hurt on in Game 3. The Celtics are consistently sticking their legs out underneath Knick players in the air. And the league is letting them get away with it.

Also, Rondo is constantly swinging his elbows and throwing hay makers after plays are over, which should have earned him technicals, if the refs were not IRA bag men for Whitey Bulger.

As we saw in Game 3, home court had nothing to do with the way the games were called.

I have no hope that the Knicks win the series, but I still hope that the Knicks can extend to 5 or 6, and that some Celtics players get seriously injured in those games.

la2ny

Starter
Hell you can look at one play in game 6 of last years finals where LA got a steal and Shannon Brown finished with a dunk. In that one sequence Paul Pierce lost the ball, and tripped Pau Gasol while laying on the floor. Then Rondo while chasing down Kobe(who had jus passed off to shannon) pushes him in the back.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Thanks la2ny

I am no fan of the Lakers, but yes I saw the play that you refer to.

That is not "just part of the game" and no, other teams do not all do the same thing, and Garnett has been doing those things for longer than he has been a Celtic. It is just too bad that he seems to have taught these "skills" to other players. I was a Celtics season ticket holder early in Pierce's career, and he was not a dirty player back then.

---

Oh I see you posted a video of the play. Clearly, Kobe should have gotten an and-one on the play, and Pierce should have gotten a technical for trying to injure Gasol.

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I think several Celtic's make Melo look like a clean player...The only one of the big 4 that really isn't is Allen IMO

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Acupunture, Blood Tests

I think that the Knicks staff should (but probably isn't) be looking into acupuncture for Stoudamire's back.

They are clearly a second-rate operation, as was evident in the story that "they didn't want Stoudamire to have to drive to the team's Westchester facility".

What - they couldn't afford a limo with a bed in it for him?

I also think that they should run blood tests, specifically for strychnine poisoning, which can cause muscle spasms.

Yes - I know what I am accusing the Celtics of.

----

Further online research shows that there are many other drugs which can cause muscle spasms, and are less consequent than strychnine:

Which of the following drugs might cause muscle spasms?
A - One that prevents the use of ATP
B - One that prevents any cross-bridges from forming between actin and myosin
C - One that elongates the sarcomere
D - One that blocks the detachment of myosin heads from actin
E - One that prevents attachment of myosin heads to actin

So, a more wide range of blood tests should have been administered. But, of course, while this sort of thing would be routine in say boxing (e.g., the blinding of Muhammed Ali during the Sonny Liston fight), the Knicks are likely too naive to do such testing.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes it's been pretty clear that Garnett has been dirty this entire series.

Melo has a reputation for not being the cleanest player in the game but otherwise the Knicks are pretty solid on that front...the C's, on the other hand...

OakTree

Rookie
I'm sorry; Knick fans complaining about dirty play? Are we going to talk about our feelings and then go out to get a box of tampons after?

We don't worry about the other team, we worry about ourselves. They play dirty, we play dirtier. That's how it ought to roll, IMO.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
I really hope and pray the Knicks took notes on the Celtics dirty antics and tactics and use them to our advantage in the future. If that is what it takes for the Knicks to be a true contender, I would do anything and everything to make that happen.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
You call those girly cheap shots dirty play?

Ha you should have watched the Bad Boy Pistons back in the day, they made dirty plays and wanted everyone in the arena to know they did it on purpose and dared you to get back at them

la2ny

Starter
You call those girly cheap shots dirty play?

Ha you should have watched the Bad Boy Pistons back in the day, they made dirty plays and wanted everyone in the arena to know they did it on purpose and dared you to get back at them
See Thats just it, that was 23 years ago. In TODAY'S NBA thats not allowed and is considered dirty.