Ok lets talk Draft!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Seasons done and while the most important argument is there going to be a coaching and or GM change (the latter I am literally praying nightly we don't have)....but one thing is for certain, The Knicks do have a pick and the draft, thus for sure there will be a new young player on our roster come opening night!

Ok so here is my initial two favorites.

1.Jordan Williams:a shot blocking Kris Kardashian (sorry gotta disrespect The Nets any chance I get). Probably plays behind Tariaf to begin with, but if we can work on him like we did Mozgov and refine his game he is a nice player on the front line w Amare and could end the season as a starter

2. "Bebe": forgive me for my lack of depth on this one, I can not remember this kids real name to save my life! But he is the Brazilian kid....he runs the floor like a deer, has a limited offensive game, but blocks shots like a mad man. He is only 20 years old, just like Williams he likely does not start to begin the season but could end up a starter, unlike Williams he is a legit Center albeit a pretty scrunny one ala Marcus Camby.

My NBA comparison has him as a little less athletic Javel McGee or DeAndre Jordan or worst case Amir Johnson.

add on.

Kenneth Faried

Strengths: High energy post player who excels at doing the dirty work, in particular rebounding, defending and banging in the post ... Plays with exuberance and aggressiveness ... An above average, fluid athlete who is willing to sacrifice his body ... Huge hands help him to secure rebounds. Athletic body ... An excellent run/jump athlete with explosive leaping ability ... His long arms and explosiveness help to compensate for his lack of ideal size ... One of the most dominant interior forces on the college level, leads the nation in rebounds at 13.3 rpg ... A good shot blocker with timing and instincts ... Also extremely active defensively - leading the OVC in steals at 2.3 per game, very impressive for a bigman ... Offensive game has shown solid improvement ... His lack of versatility and offense actually makes him a stronger role player as he focuses most of his time and energy on improving his rebounding, defense and post play ... Has a great feel for positioning and using his length and quickness to gather rebounds ... An excellent out of area rebounder ... Competes hard, seems to have tireless energy ... Has a developing jump hook shot that he has added to his repertoire ...

Bismack Biyombo

Strengths: A bigtime shot blocker with tremendous length (7-7 wingspan) and athleticism for a bigman. Intimidating force on the defensive end ... Protects the rim well and shows excellent timing and reflexes on blocked shots ... Runs the floor very fast. Plays with a high motor, brings energy to the team defensively ... Has made an impact at the senior level in Europe playing in Spain (17 min, 6.4 ppg and 5 rpg, 2.3 blk) in a short amount of time ... Thick, strong legs. Powerful frame. Already has an NBA body ... Hustles for rebounds ... Shows a mature, positive attitude. Speaks English well ... His offensive rebounding and put backs are currently his most effective offensive weapon ...

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I prefer Jonas Valanciunas to everything on the board in way of C.

PG? If it's not Irving, Knight or Walker then I'm not interested.

KBlack25

Starter
No chance Kemba is around at 17 - where are Faried and Biyombo projected to go and is there a chance they fall to us?

No chance Kemba is around at 17 - where are Faried and Biyombo projected to go and is there a chance they fall to us?
Faried is projected to be picked in the first round around 18-22 and Bismack is projected to be a late first rounder. We definitely can draft either one.

Paul1355

All Star
I know Faried

I know Kenneth Faried's family so seeing him as a Knick would be awesome, I might go to the draft with his family so that would be insane but we''ll see....Kenneth is super energetic and can change a game with his abilities.

He needs to work on his offense, he gets all of his points from rebounds. He needs to develop a mid range jumper and work on his post skills but he can out run and tire out his opponents. He is also amazing at dunking and has high flying abilities.

Oklahoma City is eying him so we'll see if he is even on th draft board by the time we pick.

If I was Donnie I would go after size. Kenneth is 6'8/6'9 we need 7 feet +

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I like Chris Singleton of Florida State.

Draft picks are a gamble and most players simply do not pan out. For instance, big scorers in college don't necessary become scorers in the NBA unless their athleticism greatly exceeds the norm. However, rebounding and GREAT college defenders usually do well in those areas in the NBA.

I am not one on gambling given our lack in depth. I think Chris Singleton will be what Jeffries was expected to be, a great defender.

Also, for this reason, you must, must, must fire D'Antoni. He will never pick up a defensive minded player even with some offensive game.

http://nbadraftblog.com/2010-articles/december/scouting-report-chris-singleton.html

KBlack25

Starter
I know Kenneth Faried's family so seeing him as a Knick would be awesome, I might go to the draft with his family so that would be insane but we''ll see....Kenneth is super energetic and can change a game with his abilities.

He needs to work on his offense, he gets all of his points from rebounds. He needs to develop a mid range jumper and work on his post skills but he can out run and tire out his opponents. He is also amazing at dunking and has high flying abilities.

Oklahoma City is eying him so we'll see if he is even on th draft board by the time we pick.

If I was Donnie I would go after size. Kenneth is 6'8/6'9 we need 7 feet +

OKC picks after us.

If MOA is coach we gotta draft a PG. Hansborough is the ticket. If not we can go big. I like the kid Keith Benson out of Oakland...
We're going to pickup Billups player option so we can get CP3 so we should just get Faried. He can be our glue guy and our Reggie Evans type player that hustles and rebounds. Biyombo wouldn't be bad either.

We're going to pickup Billups player option so we can get CP3 so we should just get Faried. He can be our glue guy and our Reggie Evans type player that hustles and rebounds. Biyombo wouldn't be bad either.

Fared's stock is rising fast he'll probably be gone when we pick. Another PG option would be Smith out of Duke. He played well when Irving got hurt...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nolan Smith would be a good backup PG to Billups...although we all know what happens when you draft Dookies in the first round...

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
1. Kemba (Even said he wants to play with Melo)
2. Kenneth Faried (Going to grab 13+ boards at least 1 year)
3. Triston Thompson
4/5. Morris brothers

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Out of all these guys the only one that has a good chance of being there is one of the Morris bros...

true....... which is fine by me. But, i've seen mock drafts where all of them were gone and we get stuck with some 7 foot international guy who I've never heard of. So IMO, if it looks like they're all gonna be gone then trade the **** up

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah offense doesn't always translate to the NBA (ie Adam Morrison, JJ Redick).

I feel like if you were to pick Nolan Smith you'd be making a very safe pick. He'd definitely be good for 16 minutes a game, he'd provide you with solid fundamentals and he'd be nothing special. No upside, no risk...

Yeah offense doesn't always translate to the NBA (ie Adam Morrison, JJ Redick).

I feel like if you were to pick Nolan Smith you'd be making a very safe pick. He'd definitely be good for 16 minutes a game, he'd provide you with solid fundamentals and he'd be nothing special. No upside, no risk...

Agreed. I just hope he doesnt go riding a motorcycle like another PG from Duke did. Dam what a waste of talent...

true....... which is fine by me. But, i've seen mock drafts where all of them were gone and we get stuck with some 7 foot international guy who I've never heard of. So IMO, if it looks like they're all gonna be gone then trade the **** up

I feel you. didnt think about trading up. Not sure we have the pieces...