The Return Of Wilson Chandler?

Wargames

Starter
By MARC BERMAN

The Knicks would have to get lucky, but one of their targets this summer is to bring Wilson Chandler back into the fold, The Post has learned.

Chandler, who was dispatched to Denver in the Carmelo Anthony trade, will be a restricted free agent, and a source said he would love to return to the Knicks. And the Knicks would love to have him back, as coach Mike D'Antoni believes he's the perfect versatile fit for his system who does so many things, including rebound. Chandler's Nuggets trail Oklahoma City 3-1 in the first round.

Chandler's new agent is Happy Walters, who also represents Amar'e Stoudemire and Knicks surprise reserve standout Shawne Williams, also a free agent whom the Knicks would like to bring back.

The question is how to get Chandler back. A sign-and-trade with Denver is possible, since the Nuggets once liked rookie Landry Fields, who had a terrible playoffs. Fields did not feel comfortable playing with Anthony, but he thrived with the Nuggets' Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton and Timofey Mozgov.

The Knicks also could go under the salary cap if they decide to buy out Chauncey Billups by Friday. If they bring Billups back, the Knicks could also sign Chandler to the mid-level exception on a long-term deal, if Chandler is willing to take less money to play in New York. The sense is he's not thrilled with the Rocky Mountains and was despondent in his final weeks as a Knick with rumors he was bound for Denver.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...back_too_r5UWciBE1HoeDbA5CoNlXK#ixzz1Ki7S055i

--------------------------------------------------
If they did this I wouldn't be mad as long as they got a center. Wilson could come here and play the traditional 6th man role, since he's shown that he can play off the bench. Also not for nothing if we get him at the MLE would definitely be at a great value.

It would also mean that Donnie must not think we can get a decent Center for the MLE alone. Maybe they're going down the Heat route of just getting bodies to play C or hoping for a good draft.

Idk i watched him play with Denver and he looked pretty terrible, but if we can do a sign and trade with Fields i wouldn't mind at all. He does also get better every summer, i picture him being our 3rd scoring option.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
If it was up to me I'd sign him, Will the Thrill was my favorite Knicks through last couple of years and I'd enjoy seeing him playing for us again. :)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Considering that a center and PG come first, I doubt we'll have the room to manouvre a trade for Chandler as the first point, and whether or not he'd want to return as the second.

As well as Denver's cap being at only $40M prior to making him the offer they said they want to. However much that is, I don't know?

Another SF? Is the journo for real?

Why should we waste all our reamaining cap space for another SF when in reality it is by far our best covered position. With Melo and Shawne Williams we have 'world class personell' at the SF spot.

PG and C look grim though. Sometimes I wonder if they actually read what they write...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I also think the rumor of him being unhappy in Denver is completely false. I don't know. It's just a feeling I get when I watch his interviews and postgame comments. I've never seen him so open and talkative with the media and fans. He always seemed depressed when interviewed in NY and lets face it, NY fans didn't treat him all that well.

Again, this is just my opinion from watching so many Nuggets games/interviews/postgame comments/etc vs Knick interviews.

I do get the feeling however, that Denver does not plan to resign him.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Another SF? Is the journo for real?

Why should we waste all our reamaining cap space for another SF when in reality it is by far our best covered position. With Melo and Shawne Williams we have 'world class personell' at the SF spot.

PG and C look grim though. Sometimes I wonder if they actually read what they write...

Thank you. I was thinking the same exact things.

:beer:

iJoe

Rotation player
I thought we needed a real center and pg.... the last thing we need is yet another forward eating up cap space.

Unless you guys are looking forward to Chandler playing PF with Amare at C for yet another undersized season.

No no

No

no
i repeat

NOOOO

why spend a dime on guy who does the same things that the combination of fields, melo and shawne williams do.

fields can rebound as well as chandler

shawn williams a better shooter

and melo is melo

we dont need to put money into that basket, we need to put money into a Defensive minded big man who boards, and a facilitating pg, back up or starting.

end of story.

No no

No

no
i repeat

NOOOO

why spend a dime on guy who does the same things that the combination of fields, melo and shawne williams do.

and melo is melo

we dont need to put money into that basket, we need to put money into a Defensive minded big man who boards, and a facilitating pg, back up or starting.

end of story.

ILL Will is better than Fields with better D and a better shot also he doesn't
disappear in big Games before he got injured he
was avg 17 7 and 1.5blk at SF as our 3/4th
option, what did Fields do as our 4th option
in the Playoffs???? Get Exposed that he is nothing
more than a scrapper
Wilson is a good role player for about 5 million/year

oshi

Benchwarmer
ILL Will is better than Fields with better D and a better shot also he doesn't
disappear in big Games before he got injured he
was avg 17 7 and 1.5blk at SF as our 3/4th
option, what did Fields do as our 4th option
in the Playoffs???? Get Exposed that he is nothing
more than a scrapper
Wilson is a good role player for about 5 million/year

I guess you haven't seen any playoff nuggets games cause Chandler has been terrible. The last game they finally took him out at the end and gave JR Smith his minutes and JR lit it up, gave Nuggets the win.

I guess you haven't seen any playoff nuggets games cause Chandler has been terrible. The last game they finally took him out at the end and gave JR Smith his minutes and JR lit it up, gave Nuggets the win.

He's adjusting to a whole new system where
he is like the 5th option after Gallo or Lawson
He had more mis-matches and open looks in
NY and even though he struggled I would
take his D over Fields on Allen any Day
or Did you forget Wilson was our best
one-one defender next was Gallo.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
No no

No

no
i repeat

NOOOO

and melo is melo

end of story.

Dude, are you ****ing retarded? Don't ever compare Chandler to Fields again. Wilson can create his own shot and shoot off the dribble. Shawne Williams and Landry Fields can't do SHIT off the dribble. BTW, **** no williams does not have a better shot than wilson. Plus, Williams is a 3/4 and Wilson can easily plan the 2.

Landry Fields is not the answer as our 2 guard.

Honestly, if we get Chandler, and a good young big man in the draft i'd be content. I'm fine with AC as a backup PG. However, I think we should pick up a TJ ford or a rafer alston or someone who knows how to be a playmaker.

Wilson got treated like shit here. He deserves to be here if he wants to. And i'll take him with open arms.

STAT1

Starter
I really liked Wilson when we had him, but using up any cap space we have on bringing him back is a terrible idea. Signing him won't solve our problem in the frontcourt at all. We will still have tons of issues guarding the paint & matching up size wise with other teams if we go that route. The only way I bring Wilson back is in a trade & that's only after we address the C position first.

skisloper

Starter
Why do you guys not learn from mistakes.

Chandler is not player who shows up to play every night.

we have all agreed he has talent but sometimes the guy vanishes on the court.

We do not need guys that show up every other night......

A qualification to be on this new Knicks team is to give 100% every night.

STAT1

Starter
Why do you guys not learn from mistakes.

Chandler is not player who shows up to play every night.

we have all agreed he has talent but sometimes the guy vanishes on the court.

We do not need guys that show up every other night......

A qualification to be on this new Knicks team is to give 100% every night.

As a versatile 6th man scorer off the bench he is valuable. Not many players out there that can give you 16 / 6 / 2 numbers, play defense & block some shots off the bench as he did. But again, we need to address our need at the C position first & foremost.

Wargames

Starter
As a versatile 6th man scorer off the bench he is valuable. Not many players out there that can give you 16 / 6 / 2 numbers, play defense & block some shots off the bench as he did. But again, we need to address our need at the C position first & foremost.

The team needs a center, then a catch and shoot sg and a younger pass first PG. However who knows the logic behind this decision if it's true. Considering that Walsh has probably reviewed all options to advance the Knicks as a franchise and extended his plan to 2 more years. Maybe they believe they can get Wilson now and fix the c and sg and back up pg through the draft, trades, vet minimum players and 2012's FA.

Also not for nothing getting Chandler back helps repair some of the roster damage of the Melo trade. Especially if you consider that Wilson would take the role of Jefferies defensively but he has the ability to shoot the ball.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The team needs a center, then a catch and shoot sg and a younger pass first PG. However who knows the logic behind this decision if it's true. Considering that Walsh has probably reviewed all options to advance the Knicks as a franchise and extended his plan to 2 more years. Maybe they believe they can get Wilson now and fix the c and sg and back up pg through the draft, trades, vet minimum players and 2012's FA.

Also not for nothing getting Chandler back helps repair some of the roster damage of the Melo trade. Especially if you consider that Wilson would take the role of Jefferies defensively but he has the ability to shoot the ball.
Good point.

I have a feeling he's not what we need though. I'd love him back, but yeah.