I still support Fields

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Unbelievable some people. He might have the most basketball IQ on the team and people are wanting to trade him for Chandler already, somebody who wasn't play that well a good portion of the time before being traded, somebody who didn't do well in the Playoffs.

Fields still rebounded in the Playoffs. This isn't Duhon or Felton. Duhon only did well on the Knicks about two months, and Felton, who is far better than Duhon, got too many minutes out of necessity, but Felton doesn't have the IQ Fields has. Fields doesn't even need to be a good three point shooter. He needs to build chemistry with the team that hasn't even been together that long, in the summer. Plus, he'll also be working on other skills.

Did he hit the rookie wall? Maybe. Did the trade disrupt some of his play? Maybe. Was his good play before the trade a fluke? Well you tell me how many players, especially rookies, could do the team ball he did.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Sorry bud, I'd trade Fields for Chandler any day of the week. I would have said the same thing the entire year. Wilson has a much more natural game. Fields will never develop an off the dribble jump shot because his shooting style doesn't allow him to. Plus, Chandler is much more natural with his ball handling skills.

Not to be a hater........ but **** fields. He completely just ****ing crumbled under the pressure in the playoffs. It was honestly just embarrassing to watch. I mean.... he ROYALY ****ed up.

I'll still support him, but just because of that shit i'll never trust him until he proves himself IN THE PLAYOFFS. Give me chandler ALL DAY

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sorry bud, I'd trade Fields for Chandler any day of the week. I would have said the same thing the entire year. Wilson has a much more natural game. Fields will never develop an off the dribble jump shot because his shooting style doesn't allow him to. Plus, Chandler is much more natural with his ball handling skills.

Not to be a hater........ but **** fields. He completely just ****ing crumbled under the pressure in the playoffs. It was honestly just embarrassing to watch. I mean.... he ROYALY ****ed up.

I'll still support him, but just because of that shit i'll never trust him until he proves himself IN THE PLAYOFFS. Give me chandler ALL DAY
What did Chandler prove in the Playoffs after being in the NBA a few years? If he wasn't traded people might be calling him out and wanting Fields back.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
And don't give me that bullshit that Fields is a rookie and "needs time to develop". I honestly don't give a flying ****. Hopefully next time he'll grow a pair and just play the same damn way he was playing all season.

This is the same damn reason why I seem to be the only one who calls out Amare. The guy seriously plays half ass on defense and the rebounds, and all of you just let it slide because he's ****ing Amare Stoudemire.

I'll call out Melo too when I see him half assing it out there which he seems to do on occasion when he gets lazy.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
What did Chandler prove in the Playoffs after being in the NBA a few years? If he wasn't traded people might be calling him out and wanting Fields back.

Lol, I'm fine with Chandler's performance in the playoffs this year. That'll probably be the deciding factor in Denver not picking up his contract. So whatever gets his ass back to NY I'm completely down with. Now, if he does that for us? Then i'll get on his ass.

I was seriously rooting for him to miss every shot. When he overplayed Durant on that last shot, I was like "THIS *****S NEW YORK BOUND!".

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
And don't give me that bullshit that Fields is a rookie and "needs time to develop". I honestly don't give a flying ****. Hopefully next time he'll grow a pair and just play the same damn way he was playing all season.

This is the same damn reason why I seem to be the only one who calls out Amare. The guy seriously plays half ass on defense and the rebounds, and all of you just let it slide because he's ****ing Amare Stoudemire.

I'll call out Melo too when I see him half assing it out there which he seems to do on occasion when he gets lazy.
I agree on Amar'e, people do tend to let him slide, but this isn't really a defensive team period.

Look at Grant Hill, he got DPOY votes on the Suns, and he was making things difficult for top offensive opposing players, before they even got Gortat. They still weren't a good defensive team. We need a new defensive coach, or a new head coach who's good at teaching defense.

Chandler played bad when the rumors were going around, I don't know if that's reason why, because at one point he did sit out or something because his calf or something was hurting, but if you wanna call out Fields, then call out Chandler for being mentally weak and being a miserable millionaire having orgies just because he's living by the mountains.

I'm not saying Chandler is mentally weak, but trading Fields for him? I don't even think we should get him in free agency in 2012, unless he wants to come back so bad he'd take a lot less.

petescud

Starter
Chandler was my boy when we had him, but he didn't look too good in the playoffs. I think Fields has a awesome second season. I'd like to see improvement in his offensive and defensive game. He could be our Keith Bogans. Lock down defender - some 15 point nights- 6 rebounds - low turnovers - like to see his assist number go up too.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
I agree on Amar'e, people do tend to let him slide, but this isn't really a defensive team period.

Until we get rid of that attitude we're not going to win shit. WE HAVE to become a defensive team to win a championship. If Amare can't get it done than trade his ass. That's why I want Dantoni gone so much. The dude just doesn't know defense at all. I promise you we won't win it all with him.

I'm not saying Chandler is mentally weak, but trading Fields for him? I don't even think we should get him in free agency in 2012, unless he wants to come back so bad he'd take a lot less.

I'll still take chandler for the potential aspect

Wargames

Starter
If the Knicks get Wilson Chandler back lets not get into the Chandler vs. Fields debates. Both are good and both have flaws and honestly I don't see them trading Fields for Chandler because the Knicks would then be way to thin at SG. If the Knicks go after Wilson Chandler it would likely be for him to play as a 6th man behind Melo/STAT and to ease the offensive load on the rest of the roleplayers. Though I will say this, I think both players would very likely excel as off the bench players since both seem to play with a lot of hustle.

p0nder

Starter
I'm undecided on Fields. He's got good instincts and basketball IQ. He has a nose for the ball on long rebounds and that fits with D'ants team play and limits second chance points from the opposition.

However he has no idea how to close out on a shooter of ray allen's caliber and could not solve the screens set by the boston celtics. His confidence plummeted following the trade and got worse in the playoffs. He is very limited offensively and has a lot of work to do defensively. I hope he puts in a lot of work over the off season and builds his game, but I personally will be very skeptical of his ability to be a starting 2 guard on a playoff team.

The starting 5 is only as strong as it's weakest link and as far as i can see that link is fields right now. Signing billups handcuffs us financially so i expect that Fields will be starting next season as well, so we'll get to see how the kid plays out for us.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Im sticking with Fields. Ok, Chandler is a better player currently but the upside of Fields is that hes a rookie. Yes he choked in the play-offs but hes the kind of player that learns from these kind of experiences. Trade hit him the hardest because he just got used to his role and had no experience of playing with a high caliber player such as Melo who takes up the space he was used to. Give him time and we will see him improve.

Fields cannot do anything other than rebound very well and defend a bit.

His shot looks terrible and he doesn't knock shots down on a regular basis, he's hardly a 'shooting' guard. His passing isn't that good either. He's not a slasher who draws a lot of fouls or gets a lot of layups.

He's a nice person and a good leaper, but he's way way WAY overrated.

Bruce Bowen/ Shane Battier is what he can be at best, at the very best. He's a long way off that though.

He'll never be a Houston/ J. Johnson/ J.R. Smith type of player.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Fields cannot do anything other than rebound very well and defend a bit.

His shot looks terrible and he doesn't knock shots down on a regular basis, he's hardly a 'shooting' guard. His passing isn't that good either. He's not a slasher who draws a lot of fouls or gets a lot of layups.

He's a nice person and a good leaper, but he's way way WAY overrated.

Bruce Bowen/ Shane Battier is what he can be at best, at the very best. He's a long way off that though.

He'll never be a Houston/ J. Johnson/ J.R. Smith type of player.
But who he can be is Landry Fields. He might turn out to be better than J.R. Smith. He has a lot of moves in the open court he's shown. He's good off the ball. Forget the title of SG. I still see him having the potential to average significantly more baskets without needing to be a good long-range shooter, which he might develop. It's not he he takes a lot of shots.

Paul1355

All Star
Unbelievable some people. He might have the most basketball IQ on the team and people are wanting to trade him for Chandler already, somebody who wasn't play that well a good portion of the time before being traded, somebody who didn't do well in the Playoffs.

Fields still rebounded in the Playoffs. This isn't Duhon or Felton. Duhon only did well on the Knicks about two months, and Felton, who is far better than Duhon, got too many minutes out of necessity, but Felton doesn't have the IQ Fields has. Fields doesn't even need to be a good three point shooter. He needs to build chemistry with the team that hasn't even been together that long, in the summer. Plus, he'll also be working on other skills.

Did he hit the rookie wall? Maybe. Did the trade disrupt some of his play? Maybe. Was his good play before the trade a fluke? Well you tell me how many players, especially rookies, could do the team ball he did.
Fields is still a great player but I don't like the idea of keeping him in the starting rotation anymore until he proves otherwise.

The only time he came off the bench he scored over 20 points i believe.

Maybe he is a better 6th man in this new lineup?

We need a SG who is a pure shooter so we can spread out the opposing teams defense.

I still like Fields. I think he needs to work on two things this summer.

a) Quick release pull up mid range jumper off the dribble and off the pass. Shot 150 of these a day each.

b) His concentration on the basket when in traffic. It seems he can get there (to the rim) but if he's surrounded by players on the other team he puts up some HORRIBLE looking shots.

Not as important but he could work on his handle some...

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
But who he can be is Landry Fields. He might turn out to be better than J.R. Smith. He has a lot of moves in the open court he's shown. He's good off the ball. Forget the title of SG. I still see him having the potential to average significantly more baskets without needing to be a good long-range shooter, which he might develop. It's not he he takes a lot of shots.

:wtf: :barf:

Wargames

Starter
I will say this give fields the summer to alter his game. Dude is a smart player and very likely can improve his game. If he doesn't we can always wait for 2012 and pick up a cheap free agent sg (Rudy Fernandez?) and still resign fields to play for our second unit similar to barnes on the lakers.

Also I am gonna say it now forget cp3's toast we are gonna have to build a complete team which requires depth and stars. We got swept because we had no depth (and bad coaching).

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This is the type of guy you want on your team. He was a rookie and hit the rookie wall towards the end of the season. I would love to keep him. He's smart, hustles, and has a whole lot of heart.

That being said, if there is a trade, he will prob be the first to go.

jpz17

Starter
amen bro, Fields is the MAN. and he is absolutely perfect for our team.

and btw, I'd rather have Fields for several reasons, one being salary, two being position