Williams Wants Back In NY At Any Price

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Williams Open to Any Deal with Knicks

Posted: 4/29/2011 4:51:00 AM
Source: Alex Raskin of HOOPSWORLD.com

Rod-Artest-tries-to-make-sense-of-NBA-Thug-Player-Shawne-Williams.jpg

Maybe that's why Knicks forward Shawne Williams is so refreshing. The soon-to-be free agent outplayed his near-minimum salary this year; but he isn't making any grandiose demands. Williams is open to practically any deal that keeps him in New York.

"That's what I want to do," Williams told HOOPSWORLD after the Knicks were eliminated from the playoffs by the Celtics. "I just want to get familiar with one organization. I don't like the journey, hopping around.

"It don't have to be long term," he said of the deal. "It can be one year. Whatever helps. I'm not trying to break the bank because I'm not thinking that's realistic. I'm just trying to get in and play."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineS...YER_ID=&hd=20110429#STORY_32705#ixzz1KyfjiUQC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$1.3M/ for 3 years incrementing to $1.8M. Fair?

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
he seems like a good player and a good dude minus what happened to him before.. i like to see that after a year he just had hes not a hot head who thinks he should get a little more play... lets get him back in blue and orange

I think him and AC are the only players i want back that is going to be a free agent. We are going to need him to backup Amare and Melo, In that article he also says that he's going to be working out and lose some weight in order for him to get faster and stronger.

Yup resign him. One of the very few players beside Melo and STAT that actually provide some quality.

I can see no reason why he shouldn't play aswell as he did this season for the next 3-4 years.

I'd sign him for 3 years at about $2 mil. per year, with slight increases.

Shawne, Melo, STAT, Douglas and Turiaf were the only players I wanted us to bring back for next season.
Now we already wasted $14 mil. in cap space for has been Billups errgh :barf:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Very refreshing to see. But if we offer him a 1 year deal to keep space for CP3 and he gets offered a multi-year deal from someone else, I wouldn't blame him if he leaves.

p0nder

Starter
I hope he's back here. He gave us quality minutes in the playoffs and throughout the season, he's cheap and he's very coach-able. He has a lot of upside and his willingness to sign for low money means we can afford to bring in some other players.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yup, definitely re-sign this guy. We need quality players like him on this team. good 3 point shooter and young too.

finestrg

Rotation player
sure as a backup SG or a backup to melo.. i dont want to see him play PF or center

Agreed. No way we bring this guy back thinking he's our answer at the backup 4/5 spots. He's a 3 and if we decide to bring him back (and the money would have to be right on--a penny over the forcasted budget and he can walk. There are better players out there than Shawne Williams..Personally, I'd rather roll with DeShawn Sims next year in this role--younger, he'll come cheaper and he has better overall skills than Williams), I want him being used as a 3. Period. Dude was in way over his head trying to guard much bigger players..

Having said that, he did do a good job for us this year, no doubt about it. Even filling in at 4 and 5 at times..Not his fault that our roster had so many damn holes in it to begin with AND that D'Antoni actually preferred going with unorthodox lineups even when he had more conventional options available to him (when Shelden Williams got here for example)..And I like the fact that he's said he wants to return even if he had to take less..Showing a good attitude right there, so that's nice to hear...All I'm saying is I cannot condone overpaying for this guy, not by 1 penny..

Last edited: